Cheating at epidemic proportions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating at epidemic proportions

I really need to take a break from this game. I'm starting to believe that every game I play has at least one person with a hack in it. I know that's not realistic, but it sure seems that way.

I had the opportunity to actually see one of these hacks in action, and see the webpage where you can get it. I won't mention the name, because I don't want to encourage people to use it. I have always been a person against cheating, but it was alarming to see how this thing works. This person showed me how it works, and showed me the website where you can download it. He showed me the forums, and the versions you could download. I was shocked, not to see what it does, as I always expected it and had seen screenshots. But I was shocked when I saw the sheer number of people signed up to this website. We're talking over 90,000 signups. So, if you take a very conservative number, and say only 5% of the people who sign up actually buy it, then you're talking near 5000 people using hacks!

Keeping that in mind, I was playing Dragon Valley one day. There was this guy in there named HellfireNSX-R. It was a 64 player size, but only 10 people playing, 5v5. This guy ended up with 55 kills, 2nd best guy had 8. Not only that, he was hitting me with J10 machine guns when I was in the trees on foot. Thier side had no commander (no UAV no SCAN). I'd spawn at different bases intentionally, not get in a vehicle and I'd get killed by this guy in the J10 or chopper's TV missle. Furthermore, I looked his stats up on BF2S, and in the last month he went from 4k kills to 22k kills, when the first 3 months he only had 4k kills. On top of that, if you view his server history, he plays only on servers that are NOT members of Punksbusted. Now I know some people can improve somewhat, but there's too much evidence proving he's a hacker.

That was just one isolated incident. I've seen several other occations where people get miraculous TV missle kills from 90degree angles over 500 meters away when you're in the trees, etc etc.

My point of this rant is that there are just too many darn hackers out there. It seems that anyone can get a hack if they have a paypal account, and can have a direct advantage in the game. It seems that on some servers, entire clans use hacks. Now, I know there are some good players out there, and good players always get accused of hacking. But you can't argue the numbers. BF2142 is not immune from this either, so you won't get away from it by quitting BF2.

I'm just kinda getting sick of it. Someone tell me there's a light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Re: Cheating at epidemic proportions

There's a light. It's from an oncoming trainload full of haxxors!

But seriously... there are a lot of hacks available for $, and probably at least as many that are privately run by small groups of people and are not sold, in order to keep them off Punkbuster's radar.

It's sad, yes. But it's human nature, because people love winning like they love crack. And once they've had a taste, some people will do anything they can for another hit of their particular little rush of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
      There's a light. It's from an oncoming trainload full of haxxors!
      That's not too encouraging.....

Comment

I agree with all that, but score intervals have nothing to do with hacking..

There have been tons of games where I would have something like... 50-0, and the next guy down has maybe... 7-4..... or something.

That has nothing to do with it.

But if he was killing you like that with the J-10 (like on the first shot without passing over you previously) AND, he doesn't visit punksbusted servers, more than likely he's hacking.

But again there is a chance he has someone on vent/TS as commander or something.

Comment

I know what your saying suks, but theres nothing you can do but catch him on fraps and report him, and even then it doesnt mean anything. I agree I think there are a lot of ppl using hacks.

But your forgetting 1 thing its only a game. Do you really care how many kills you get or how many times you die?? Does it make your night? Can you not sleep at night. Some ppl take this game too seriously, im not saying your 1 of them but, ppl who cheat have no life but BF2 and thats sad enough for me not to care they are cheating. Most of them are 12 year old boys who will never have a girlfriend and spend all there time playing BF2.

Comment

Yea metallica, I agree with you about the fact that some players have skills. There are some guys really good in jets. I myself had had rounds where my ratio in a J10 is something silly like 64-8.

But I've played this game long enough to know the habbits of players. I know when something is out of the ordinary. I've SEEN this hack in action. I know for a fact that you can turn on player names, can turn on distance markers of enemies and know exactly where they are, even if 800m away. So, say he killed me at Refinery. I spawn at Woodyard. He just looks around, sees my name, flies over and kills me when I'm on foot. With this hack, you can get in a jet, and see little "+" or squares where the enemy is, just fly to the plus and strafe the area with your gun. I've flown enough to know that you cannot see infantry in the woods from 100's of meters away.

No, he did not seem to be on teamspeak with anyone. There were only a few people playing, and he seemed to be a lone wolf.

But my point is, he's just one hacker, of the 1000's out there. I just really wish something could be done about it.

Comment

Originally posted by -=TS=-stuntridah
              I know what your saying suks, but theres nothing you can do but catch him on fraps and report him, and even then it doesnt mean anything. I agree I think there are a lot of ppl using hacks.

But your forgetting 1 thing its only a game. Do you really care how many kills you get or how many times you die?? Does it make your night? Can you not sleep at night. Some ppl take this game too seriously, im not saying your 1 of them but, ppl who cheat have no life but BF2 and thats sad enough for me not to care they are cheating. Most of them are 12 year old boys who will never have a girlfriend and spend all there time playing BF2.
              Well if you are playing poker and the guy next to you has aces up his sleeves would you enjoy that or not care?? what about a nice game of monopoly where someone keeps stealing your money when you are not looking. People are trying to have fun and its not fun playing with a cheater who continues to kill you no matter what you do.

If he didnt care he wouldnt have made this post. Yes he cares how many times he dies and how many times he kills and wins.Thats what the game is about. The fun is not just turning on the computer and staring at the screen watching yourself die while standing in the same spot but the experience. If you are having a bad experience its not fun plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis7170
                Well if you are playing poker and the guy next to you has aces up his sleeves would you enjoy that or not care??
                If im playing for money I be pissed If for fun Dont care its a game.

Originally posted by Dennis7170
                If he didnt care he wouldnt have made this post. Yes he cares how many times he dies and how many times he kills and wins.Thats what the game is about.
                I dont think you should be putting words in his mouth. Ppl can not care about stats and still get mad because of cheaters. Stats are not what the game is about. Its about logging in with friends and having fun. I agree its less fun with cheaters, but you must have a sick and twisted veiw on life if your cought up in the stats of a video game charactar. Com'on think about it. Its a game. But again I agree cheaters suk but theres nothing you can do but have fun, so what you die more. Dont let them ruin your fun.

Cheaters dont win by killing more or diying less, they win by taking your fun away, so dont let them win!

Comment

BF2 seriously needs 1st person spectator view. To design an online FPS without 1st person spectator view is an open door to cheats.

Comment

amen to that brotha.

I often time take breaks from bf2 for days or weeks at a time and just play something else. It just kinda stops being fun, y'know?

Also, I'd liek to add to what you said.

Little 12 year olds who will never have girlfriends is good, but you gotta add in fat men with small penis' too :P

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
                      BF2 seriously needs 1st person spectator view.
                      Agreed.
                      On a related note, what is going on with punkbuster?
                      I understand they have multiple games to work on, but even in free games like Enemy Territory, we saw updates much more frequently than I've seen with BF2.
                      Granted PB is not perfect, but it does help.

Comment

Originally posted by lethal_ranger
                        amen to that brotha.

Also, I'd liek to add to what you said.

Little 12 year olds who will never have girlfriends is good, but you gotta add in fat men with small penis' too :P
                        Lol, I forgot them. They are sad too but I still feel more bad for the 12 year old kids with no lives but what they can do in battlefield. I bet the fat guy with small penis has girlfriend. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by SirCyRo-iNT
                          But I was shocked when I saw the sheer number of people signed up to this website. We're talking over 90,000 signups. So, if you take a very conservative number, and say only 5% of the people who sign up actually buy it, then you're talking near 5000 people using hacks!
                          There are also over 1,000,000 BF2 accounts. If all accounts are active (which they're not) then only 0.5% of all BF2 accounts are hacking.

My point is that while 5000 seems like a lot on its own..it's not that large a number.

Comment

Haven't seen ANY cheating. Over 700 hours.

Comment

If im playing for money I be pissed If for fun Dont care its a game.

I dont think you should be putting words in his mouth. Ppl can not care about stats and still get mad because of cheaters. Stats are not what the game is about. Its about logging in with friends and having fun. I agree its less fun with cheaters, but you must have a sick and twisted veiw on life if your cought up in the stats of a video game charactar. Com'on think about it. Its a game. But again I agree cheaters suk but theres nothing you can do but have fun, so what you die more. Dont let them ruin your fun.

Cheaters dont win by killing more or diying less, they win by taking your fun away, so dont let them win!

So people who care about stats are sick and twisted?? its only numbers, what makes that sick and twisted? and how does that effect real life? Now you either assume he doesnt care about stats or you just called him sick and twisted if he does

Its all part of the game, why ignore the stats part of the game? And what about people who play solo that dont have any friends online?? I dont understand this point of view.

Anyway, cheaters do ruin the game and its better to just take a break if its not fun for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X