Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Rank

This is how it works:

If you have all the veteran TRANSPORT badges and at least 1080 hours as soon as you hit 180000 you will become a Brig. General. Similarily, if you have the veteran transport badges with over 180000, as soon as you hit 1080 hours you become Brig. General.

You now have 170 hours to get all the veteran COMBAT badges to rank up to Maj. General. It doesn't matter if you have X number of points over 180k, as soon as you hit 1250 hours you will rank up to a Maj. General.

When you have at least 200k points (doesn't matter if you have more) and you hit 1440 hours, you rank up to Lt. General.

Keep in mind that the badges and hours are the most important factors. It doesn't matter if you have more global points than what is needed. Of course, this is only how it works for the General ranks, not the First Sergeant and Sergeant Major ranks.

Comment

still didnt the answer the general im confused about 4 stars how does ea pick these ppl

Comment

Damn how are you guys fkn Generals?

Comment

Originally posted by barracudaj
          ... You now have 170 hours to get all the veteran COMBAT badges to rank up to Maj. General. It doesn't matter if you have X number of points over 180k, as soon as you hit 1250 hours you will rank up to a Maj. General.
          im sorry, but if you have 180,000 points and dont have all the veteran badges, thats pretty sad.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

the only thing i hate is armor and 100 hours of it wow thats alot

Comment

Originally posted by Flares
              There is no hours played requirement. When you reach 180,000 points, if you have all the badges for both Brig. Gen. and Major. Gen, you will be promoted twice. You may have to leave the server and come back, score a point, get Brig. Gen, score another point and get Maj Gen, that's how it worked for me.

There is " hour " reguirements. 1080 hours to rank up to brig. & 1240 4 maj.Gen.

^^^Old news

Comment

Originally posted by TeLe-LoE-
                Damn how are you guys fkn Generals?
                Play a lot... and then some more.

General (4 star) is only given to the players in the top 50 who have LtGen. So if I am a LtGen at 51 in the world then move to 50, I get promoted to General.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane.CAD

General (4 star) is only given to the players in the top 50 who have LtGen. So if I am a LtGen at 51 in the world then move to 50, I get promoted to General.
                  so the guy you replaced in the top 50 gets demoted?

if thats true has anyone gotten demoted in this place? how did it feel to be one of the only people to get officially demoted :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane.CAD

this is ALMOST true
                    I ;think; you have to be in the top 50 at then end of the month
                    not just any day

ps

no one gets 'demoted from 4 stars'
                    but soon - there will be no more NEW 4 stars
                    ie once all top 50 guys get it
                    and as long as they keep playing
                    they will stay top 50

Comment

Originally posted by Older-OMO
                      Butcher are you sure you didn't have the hours? According to my quick look at your stats history, you had 1250 hours in late May (between the 13th and the 31st). You ranked up to 2 stars sometime in late June (between the 20th and the 30th). You hit the 1440 hours around July 6th and ranked up to 3 stars in late July (between the 20th and the 30th).

Assuming this is true, you are probably obviously suffering from denial on the number of hours you play. :evil:

Bottom line, I am pretty sure the hours requirement is valid. I have seen a fair number of posts from the unfortunate people who have the points, but not enough hours.

I believe the BF2S is accurate:

Brigadier GeneralRequirements:
                      • Score: 180,000
                      • Awards: Veteran Armor Badge, Veteran Transport Badge, Veteran Helicopter Badge, Veteran Aviator Badge, Veteran Air Defense Badge, Veteran Ground Defense Badge
                      • Notes: Requires 1080 hours playtime
                      Major GeneralRequirements:
                      • Score: 180,000
                      • Awards: Veteran Knife Combat Badge, Veteran Pistol Combat Badge, Veteran Assault Combat Badge, Veteran Anti-tank Combat Badge, Veteran Sniper Combat Badge, Veteran Spec Ops Combat Badge, Veteran Support Combat Badge, Veteran Engineer Combat Badge, Veteran Medic Combat Badge
                      • Notes: Requires 1250 hours playtime
                      Lieutenant GeneralRequirements:
                      • Score: 200,000
                      • Notes: Requires 1440 hours playtime
                      Dude, reread the post, I said I ranked up twice in the same round AFTER meeting the requirements before 1250 hrs.

Maybe I wasn't clear, by requirements I am refering to the veteran badges

I will be more specific, I got all the necessary badges to rank up before 180,000 points, & when I reached 180,000 points I knifed 2 dudes back to back, & ranked up twice that round

I got my badges first, then my hrs., then the points

Where did you get the inference that I was saying I didn't have the required hrs. before ranking up?

I do see how you could have misunderstood, but your accusing me of being in denial is unwarranted

Is there some reason you want to pick a fight, I don't remember having any controversey w/ you?

Good day sir

ps. since the requirements have been nerf'd from expert to veteran, having the all the requirents except the hrs. & not being able to rank up to general is "nothing to brag about", I had to put 100 hrs in EVERY crappy kit, now you can basically bypass wasting time in the "less fruitful" kits

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                        im sorry, but if you have 180,000 points and dont have all the veteran badges, thats pretty sad.
                        Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermario05
                          the only thing i hate is armor and 100 hours of it wow thats alot
                          Then you would REALLY have hated having to meet the original requirements which were EXPERT badges:|:

I am not saying reducing the requirements was a "bad thing", but they didn't "have to do me any favors" LOL

Before my haters jump in, if they had not changed the requirements, I would have went after the flying experts before getting all the SF medals

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

hopefully i get the veteran armor by 180000 cuz im at 20k and only got 11 hours and jet and heli 55 -60 also, i got need 2 more badges and then im good
                            they are armor and transport

Comment

Originally posted by SERIALBUTCHER
                              Dude, reread the post, I said I ranked up twice in the same round AFTER meeting the requirements before 1250 hrs.

Is there some reason you want to pick a fight, I don't remember having any controversey w/ you?

peace
                              First of all, you need to relax. I wasn't picking a fight. Given your postings, I can see why you are paranoid since you manage to get yourself in more fights here than in the game...

In case it wasn't obvious to you, you stated and then restated that you met the requirements before 1250 hours. Why wouldn't someone assume you were talking about all the requirements other than the hours? Requirements implies all of the critieria. It was only after you clarified your restatement that it made any sense.

If you want a fight, I bet I finish of ALL the BF2 and SF badges medals and ribbons before you

Comment

Originally posted by Older-OMO
                                First of all, you need to relax. I wasn't picking a fight. Given your postings, I can see why you are paranoid since you manage to get yourself in more fights here than in the game...

In case it wasn't obvious to you, you stated and then restated that you met the requirements before 1250 hours. Why wouldn't someone assume you were talking about all the requirements other than the hours? Requirements implies all of the critieria. It was only after you clarified your restatement that it made any sense.

If you want a fight, I bet I finish of ALL the BF2 and SF badges medals and ribbons before you
                                You are call me delusional, I chose not to respond in kind, & then you call me paranoid, but you tell me need to relax

OK lol

How about posting a link to your stats?

Lieuteanant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

Working...
                                X