General Rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Rank

Ok I know there has been a thread about this before but I wanted to check a couple of things.

If you are a colonel and hit 180,000 points with all badge requierments and 1200 hours you will be promoted to Brigadier General.

Then after you have reached 1250 hours will you be promoted to Major General?

Or does this work like the Master Gunnery Sergeant / Sergeant Major ranks that you only get one or the other depending and then stuck on that one.

If that is the case and you stay at Brigadier General then you can never increase any more right?

I just want to check this because i have all badge requirements I got 172,000 points and only 1206 hours. Is it ok to carry on as normal and get the Brigadier General and then get the Major General after the hours or should I hold back on my score and get the hours in before getting to 180,000

Re: General Rank

There is no hours played requirement. When you reach 180,000 points, if you have all the badges for both Brig. Gen. and Major. Gen, you will be promoted twice. You may have to leave the server and come back, score a point, get Brig. Gen, score another point and get Maj Gen, that's how it worked for me.

Comment

Type this into google. bf2s.com/ranks

Comment

Originally posted by moltenblack
        Type this into google. bf2s.com/ranks
        Interesting. BF2s.com does say there's an hours played requirement... TBF2 doesn't mention it. I suppose if BF2s is correct, you will be promoted to Brig. Gen, and when you reach the hours requirement, you will be promoted to Maj. Gen. They're not equivalent ranks like the Sgt. Maj thing, so don't worry about being stuck on one.

Comment

Originally posted by Flares
          There is no hours played requirement. When you reach 180,000 points, if you have all the badges for both Brig. Gen. and Major. Gen, you will be promoted twice. You may have to leave the server and come back, score a point, get Brig. Gen, score another point and get Maj Gen, that's how it worked for me.

Sorry but you are wrong with the time bit.

there is an example. Sorry to the guy whos stats im using as an example.

He is 30 hours away from the 1250 hours specified in the ubar.

I want to check though that with those ranks its not one or the other like the earlier ranks are.

EDIT : ok sorry i was typing this as you typed yours lol

Comment

Np, sorry if I was wrong. I've not looked at Bf2s for ages and was totally unaware of the hours requirement.
            If the OP is really concerned, he can just play really badly for 50 hours and he'll be sorted..

Comment

Originally posted by Flares
              Np, sorry if I was wrong. I've not looked at Bf2s for ages and was totally unaware of the hours requirement.
              If the OP is really concerned, he can just play really badly for 50 hours and he'll be sorted..

lol yeah ill play an engineer on an IO server for 30 hours

Comment

ALL of the Stat sites are wrong in part
                also - note that there have been changes with patch(es)
                there IS an HOURS requirement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                you NEED 1250 for major gen
                and 1440 for Lt General
                (watched son score as he made these 2 ranks)
                still not sure how to get 4th star
                as he has done everything in all sites
                we THINK he needs to be top 50 global at end of month

Comment

Originally posted by depraved
                  Ok I know there has been a thread about this before but I wanted to check a couple of things.

If you are a colonel and hit 180,000 points with all badge requierments and 1200 hours you will be promoted to Brigadier General.

Then after you have reached 1250 hours will you be promoted to Major General?
                  Yes....

Comment

I got both my brigadier general, & my major general in the same round, 1 knife after the other after already having all the requirements completed before 1250 hrs.

The server crashed on my first knife kill rank up to brigadier, so I had to do it again

http://home.comcast.net/~ocgw/wsb/ht...D-2849739.html

note: I was rewarded for making a knife kill to rank up to major general w/ a team arty LOL

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

Butcher are you sure you didn't have the hours? According to my quick look at your stats history, you had 1250 hours in late May (between the 13th and the 31st). You ranked up to 2 stars sometime in late June (between the 20th and the 30th). You hit the 1440 hours around July 6th and ranked up to 3 stars in late July (between the 20th and the 30th).

Assuming this is true, you are probably obviously suffering from denial on the number of hours you play. :evil:

Bottom line, I am pretty sure the hours requirement is valid. I have seen a fair number of posts from the unfortunate people who have the points, but not enough hours.

I believe the BF2S is accurate:

Brigadier GeneralRequirements:
                      • Score: 180,000
                      • Awards: Veteran Armor Badge, Veteran Transport Badge, Veteran Helicopter Badge, Veteran Aviator Badge, Veteran Air Defense Badge, Veteran Ground Defense Badge
                      • Notes: Requires 1080 hours playtime
                      Major GeneralRequirements:
                      • Score: 180,000
                      • Awards: Veteran Knife Combat Badge, Veteran Pistol Combat Badge, Veteran Assault Combat Badge, Veteran Anti-tank Combat Badge, Veteran Sniper Combat Badge, Veteran Spec Ops Combat Badge, Veteran Support Combat Badge, Veteran Engineer Combat Badge, Veteran Medic Combat Badge
                      • Notes: Requires 1250 hours playtime
                      Lieutenant GeneralRequirements:
                      • Score: 200,000
                      • Notes: Requires 1440 hours playtime

Comment

wat about general how do u get that rank

EDIT: ea or dice w/e should give us the exact requirements for everything so people dont have to be confused

Comment

I got promotions back to back on the same round after hitting 1250

Comment

Besides the hours and other requirements, EA rewards the rank of General at the beginning of each month to several players.

Comment

Yea I remember Sev25 came on his server and got his 4 stars, he was like "wtf!"

Comment

Working...
                              X