Where are the China city maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where are the China city maps?

Because the mid east is desert it doesn't lend itself well to most outdoor map designs. That's why MEC is mostly city.

So they save on having to design all the Chinese city graphics by making them rural type maps.

Thus we get a mix of map types without needing 2 full sets of city graphics designed and installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
      Thus we get a mix of map types without needing 2 full sets of city graphics designed and installed.
      So EA/Dice were being lazy.

Comment

There are only a fraction of Chinese building models as compared to MEC models in the editor. When I first downloaded the map editor, my goal was to make a Chinese city map. There are simply not enough Chinese building models to make it viable unless you want to see the same five over and over. It's a shame really.

Comment

Chinese city map. *drool* A single pump shotgun no matter what team I am on. O that would be pure heaven.

Comment

Especially on Great Wall.

Shotgun (around a corner) and AT-mines... One of the best map for engy.

Anyway after 20 hours GW is boring.

Warlord, Ghost Town, Mass descuction, Surge... I am never bored played those maps... (G36K, SVD, RPG7 mostly)

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
              Thats always been a thing thats battered my head why no chinese city map are the weapons on one side to over powered or something for close up infantry battles ?.
              Probably theme. The Chinese weapons aren't particularly different from the MEC weapons, which is actually a bit ironic. The Chinese weapons are generally inaccurate, which doesn't work terribly well when the Chinese maps are very large. Thank God for unlocks I guess.

Comment

I'd love to see a chinese city map, or 2, sucks to have the 3 major city maps all being mec vs. usmc....would be a nice mix to change the scenery and weapons on one side here & there...

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
                  Hong Kong! Now that would be a mental map...
                  Just the airport would be a challenge (i was there 2 months ago)

Comment

If some skilled modelers wanted to model some contemperary chinese buildings and sky scrapers I would be interested in making a map for em. Say Bejing around Beijing, or Hong Kong. OOH what about Shanghai:nod:

Comment

we can use sum Chinese Urban Warfare maps

Comment

Originally posted by Smokalotapotamus
                        BF2 would get extremely laggy with too many buildings since it was not meant for them. That's why the cities in this game are so small, like Dalian, for example. In real life, Dalian is gigantic.
                        it's all about optimization and poly count.

thats why most buildings are not enterable.

Comment

chinese city maps definetly needed.

Comment

I had an idea for a PLA city map once.. it was supposed to be for a "BF2: Urban Assault" booster pack idea of mine, back during the huge "INFANTRY ONLY SHOULDNT BE AGAINST ROE LAWLZ" debate.

Streets of Shanghai:

The First Marine Expeditionary Force has broken into Shanghai. This bustling center of commerce and culture has become the grounds for a major battle between the PLA and USMC. If the Marines can take Shanghai then the PLA will be forced to retreat deeper into China. The tight spaces of the city make tanks prime targets for anti-tank missiles, and the buildings allow good cover for snipers. China must protect this city at all costs!

Vehicles:
                            Humvees
                            NJ2046's
                            One tank for each side

Many TOW/HJ8 emplacements to defend against the tanks. The streets would be very narrow, lots of buildings. Good for any kit:

Spec Ops and sniper can hide and take potshots at the enemy, giving them a tough time. Assault can use grenade launchers (though they're still pretty useless). Medic would be abundant, of course. Support and Engineer and AT will all benefit from close-quarters combat the enables them to put their weapons to good use. Fighting would be similar to Jalalbad only even more concentrated.

16 man size:
                            3 control points, 1 PLA one USMC one neutral... similar to Zatar, very small, only one jeep per side

32 man size:
                            5 control points, 1 USMC cappable 1 PLA cappable, 3 neutral. Once again, very close-quarters. A few more jeeps per side.

64 man size:
                            8 control points, 1 USMC Cappable, 1 PLA cappable, 6 neutral. Big but lots of CQC, even if you're defending a far base chances are you'll get some good action. Jeeps galore and one tank for each side.

The best part about this map is that it would be a great place for the AK-47 to shine.

Comment

Idd like a modern map with skyscrapers and moderen buildings even if we couldnt go in it it would be fun to play on.

Comment

i think some china city maps would be cool

Comment

Working...
                                X