Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the China city maps?

Hi all.

I was was just playing yesterday on Road to Jalalabad and I was wondering why aren't there any Chinese city maps.
    There are 4 city maps in BF2 and there all MEC vs USMC, does any body know why they didn't make any Chinese city map?

Re: Where are the China city maps?

i always wondered about that, how come the chinese dont get any city map love?

Comment

Yeah the chinese need some city map loven'

Comment

Thats always been a thing thats battered my head why no chinese city map are the weapons on one side to over powered or something for close up infantry battles ?.

Comment

if u noticed..
          MEC= City/ desert/sandy areas
          China= Forest/Open/with scattered buildings...

Comment

Originally posted by vika09
            if u noticed..
            MEC= City/ desert/sandy areas
            China= Forest/Open/with scattered buildings...
            Yeah but that dosnt mean there dosnt have to be a city map for the chinese except for the city maps and the enviroment the maps are similar. Look at dalian plant its a chinese version of gulf of oman sort of.

Comment

Hong Kong! Now that would be a mental map...

Comment

It's because the pollution in major chinese cites would limit the view distance to about 10 metres so u could play entire rounds without seeing even one enemy

serously . they really need to make a chinese city map. They seem to use the same building models over and over and the chinese building models are not that good for building a city map. so i guess it would reguire some extra work to make a good chinese city map.

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
                  Now that would be mental espeacially if we could have working escalators and all the neon lights on the sky scrappers and buildings.

EDIT: If dice wanted to ad adverts to bf2 by putting them on neon signs on a city map like hong kong id more than welcome them.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                    Now that would be mental espeacially if we could have working escalators and all the neon lights on the sky scrappers and buildings.

EDIT: If dice wanted to ad adverts to bf2 by putting them on neon signs on a city map like hong kong id more than welcome them.

Bring on the ads if you make the game better!

Comment

Originally posted by VC_Resurrected
                      Dalian is a BIG BIG city itself

Yeah, it's just BF2

Comment

Actually a fight through the Forbidden City and into the surrounding Hutong neighborhoods would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                          Actually a fight through the Forbidden City and into the surrounding Hutong neighborhoods would be amazing.
                          I agree, the Hutong areas have narrow streets and stuff really cool city map

Comment

BF2 would get extremely laggy with too many buildings since it was not meant for them. That's why the cities in this game are so small, like Dalian, for example. In real life, Dalian is gigantic.

Comment

Look at that for a setting, parts of hong kong are truely 21st centry theres all the neon lights theres escalators and moving platforms like in an airport all over the place. Its like parts of hong kong are set in a futuristic manga cartoon it would be so cool to have that as a map maybe it cant be implemented ingame with current tech but it would be nice.

I was dead against adverts being put in game (i know it only mentions bf2142) when i first red the news but if pepsi or coke want to sponsor a map like that i'd be happy. If they worked it out right we could get new free maps that are sponsored and the share holders could still get a cut depending on how much the maps are played.

Originally posted by Smokalotapotamus
                              BF2 would get extremely laggy with too many buildings since it was not meant for them.
                              I dunno about that have you played any of the custom totalbf2 mappacks karkand 2 is a good example there buildings litterally everywhere and its not a laggy map. Theres also a chinese city map in i think the totalbf2 mappack 1 and thats absoloutly packed with buildings no lag either.

Comment

Working...
                              X