Infantry only, and grenades..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry only, and grenades..

Wow I just can't even believe this... it's exactly what I thought it would be.

But WHY.. the **** would it be against the ROE, and then they make an "official" infantry mode? :laugh:

I am seeing people with 200 points... just clicking the IO servers and looking at the scores.

All it is is a long loop of point whores.

The support players spam all 6 ammo packs... everyone picks them up (giving him points) they all spam grenades, giving everyone kills, and then the medics heal/revive everyone in sight, meanwhile, you have snipers running over to the other base putting both claymores down...

It's all just one continuous cycle...

imo they need to limit the grenades to 2, and not be able to re-supply grenades, only bullets/C4.

Either that, or give them 1 grenade, and take the amount of re-supplies it takes to get an ammo point down.. cause how it is, this just isn't gonna work.

Listen to this..

EDIT: watch your language...do NOT bypass the swear filter

Re: Infantry only, and grenades..

yeah. u can hear me say "wow" at like 9 seconds lol

Comment

..are you 2 joined at the hip?

Comment

lol i went in 1 by accident some colonel guy had 531 points and all u see some guy hand-grenaded like 10 ppl

Comment

Yes, IO is a stat padder's dream.

I guess I'm sort of glad they introduced this mode..that way it keeps those players on separate servers and away from the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
            ..are you 2 joined at the hip?

for the LAST time...

we're in the same vent... I told him I made a thread..

Comment

Limit the nade toss to every 3 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by HypnosisFX
                Limit the nade toss to every 3 seconds
                That would hinder normal gameplay more than stop nade spam...

Unfortunately, nade spam will never be taken out by Dice since they don't care about it. We can complain all we want, but will never be stopped. I hate it too, Karkand is basically a nadefest on IO mode.

Comment

Like I said before I've played 3 IO games on a 64 Player 24/7 Karkand server to see the lameness first hand (off my main profile) and I scored the highest score I've ever scored on Karkand during my third and final round, 185 points. I scored that 185 points in about 15 minutes... this was a very fast round. My other two scores were both in the 130 point range which I can do off an IO server but is very difficult. I wasn't grenade spamming either. I was running around participating in the lameness as a medic, tossing the rare grenade over the fence, killing people with my rifle (most of which were either tossing claymores or grenades) and doing a lot of revivng. I could only imagine if I was the one tossing those grenades killing hundreds of people without any skill required. During my three rounds not a single control point was captured or even neutralized. Typical Karkand whores.

By the way if you do the math on my Karkand score that works out to roughly 12 points a MINUTE. That's absolutely f@#%ing ridiculous and it basically makes all great infantry statistics earned through challenging gameplay VOID and irrelevant. I wouldn't mind so much if players who play IO mode get a big stamp in their profile that says "IO MODE PLAYER" but they don't.

Comment

I guess I'm sort of glad they introduced this mode..that way it keeps those players on separate servers and away from the rest of us.
                    Thats actually a good point the problem is keeping the normal servers populated and running if IO mode becomse to popular.

Comment

If you changed it so in IO mode nothing was worth more than 1 point... the IO mode servers would be empty. Sad but true. I would've personally enjoyed an unranked "vehicle-lite" mode to play on but alas instead DICE introduces stat pad mode which is nothing but one huge nade/revive fest. I've seen it with my own eyes and everyone else who has joined an IO server has too.

I'm pleased with the BF2 community though because the current ranked IO to non-IO servers is about a 1:6 ratio. The IO servers are overall much more full than the non-IO (so the total player count may vary) but I'm pleased that fewer players than I expected are embracing the horribe stat padding fest that is completely devoid of teamwork or balance.

Comment

Yeah, i'm also surprised that there are still alot of normal servers going on. I was thinking that nearly all servers would turn into a "City maps + Wake IO 24/7" server, IO mode is way to easy, i don't know why people bother

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                          Thats actually a good point the problem is keeping the normal servers populated and running if IO mode becomse to popular.
                          Not to mention the future of the game with subsequent patches (if any), and the future direction of the BF franchise itself.

Next thing there'll be magic weapons you can sell on ebay.

Comment

I like IO mode. I like using the single pump shotty. It tears up the medic and snipers. Plus you catch so many support guys with a nade in their hand that you can pump them two or three times everytime. :evil: Team work is essential if the US wants to win Jalalabad (sp?) But I have spent over 600 of my 900+ hours with boots on the ground. So I really feel at home in IO mode. Call me a stat padder if you want. If running to the closest enemy flag and killing anything that tries to stop me. Getting on the flag (if it takes 10 tries) Capping it (if it takes five tries) clearing the area (yada yada) and running to the next enemy flag to repeat the process is wrong. Then I don't wanna be right.

IO mixes it up a little. You need to do things a little different to defeat the nade/claymore whores. Just like you have to do things different to defeate the armor whores. The only thing I found to defeat the jet whores is to play city maps. O and I call everyone whores. Stab me in the back and I will call you a knife whore. Finish a round with 10 flag cap points and I will call you a flag capping whore. Because the way I see it. If one person is a whore we are all whores in some small way.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                              Karkand's popularity killed my favorite Daqing Oilfield, Songhua Stalemate, and Fushe Pass servers.

It's only a matter of time before Infantry Only kills every non-IO server.

Comment

Working...
                              X