Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing Laughter? Verbal Taunt?

Hey guys, just a quick question,
    call me crazy but since patch 1.4 i have been hearing this in game laugh sometimes. For example, I was playing SF last night, and i got killed, the enemy was looking at my body and i heard this in-game "Hehehe" laugh in a deepish male tone?

So far I have heard this sound 3 times, all on different days? Anyone experienced this? Or know what it is? I can only conclude that i am going crazy from too much BF , or its a verbal taunt?

Cheers
    dex

Re: Hearing Laughter? Verbal Taunt?

Its a verbal taunt that was supposed to be integrated into 1.4 (supposedly) but it was neevr put in (supposedly) the file for the verbal taunts is somewhere in ur bf2 folder, as for you hearing them it must be pretty crazy to see some insurgent dude kill you or something then you hear some strange manic laugh xD

Comment

I think i have heard it aswell, or it was something else. But id never heard it before.

Comment

Well the three taunt sound files are laughs, so that is probably what you can here.

Comment

It was me having a good time.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

And nobody even knows how to use this.. Ah I want to know how they have said it was for BF2.

Read something on the BF2 Community forums that you have to use the Spot on a dead enemy.. I think it's bullshizzle but I'm going to try this out with a few clanmates.

Comment

See my post here:

According to that email from EA you have to point at a dead/critically wounded enemy and "spot" him. However, it also states you must have BF2142 installed to work. Maybe 2142 beta is enough?

Someone still needs to test this.

PS: The sounds themselves are in your common_client.zip file. There are three of them, two evil sounding laughs, and 1 normal laugh.

Comment

Hah, so we have to have 2142 to do it? Sad.

EA just whoring it out now, they are desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by funk3h
                  Hah, so we have to have 2142 to do it? Sad.

EA just whoring it out now, they are desperate.
                  Where have you been last two/three months? Veterans Programme? Pre-Order exclusive unlock? Pre-order rank up?

EA clearly think that some of the fan base are reluctant to move across and appealing to the more "shallow" gamers with stats and other pointless things.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
                    Where have you been last two/three months? Veterans Programme? Pre-Order exclusive unlock? Pre-order rank up?

EA clearly think that some of the fan base are reluctant to move across and appealing to the more "shallow" gamers with stats and other pointless things.
                    Have you played 2142? I have, its ****.

I have been around, im just saying EA are just making these vet things so people have a reson to get 2142.

Comment

Have you played 2142? I have, its ****.
                      Yes I have, whilst not being that impressed it did have a factor that I couldn't but my finger on that made me want to play it, most likely the novelty factor.

I have been around, im just saying EA are just making these vet things so people have a reson to get 2142.
                      Did you even read my post? I said the same thing. I made a point of mentioning the incentives that EA are putting out and even explained it

Comment

yes i heard this sound last night lol, thing is i didnt die i was commandering and heard this laughter, thought it was the VOIP playing up or 1 of the squad leaders doing a funny laugh but it sounded TOO clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ramsie1
                          yes i heard this sound last night lol, thing is i didnt die i was commandering and heard this laughter, thought it was the VOIP playing up or 1 of the squad leaders doing a funny laugh but it sounded TOO clear.
                          Yes I heard it while commanding twice also. I recal it was when i was spotting infantry, maybe as i was spotting him, he died?

I am still very confused lol

cheers
                          dex

Comment

what kinda taunt is laughing?? at least say something insulting like "and i slept with your mama."

Comment

This really reminds me of CS 1.6. You could piss all over your opponent.. Funny times. Shame BF2 hasn't got those well a laugh is enough if everyone knew how to use it

Comment

Working...
                              X