Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did they have all these problems with beta 1.4????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: did they have all these problems with beta 1.4????

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
    I must be the luckie one, i seriously havent noticed any bugs since 1.4 came out

"knocks on wood"
    OK try this. (and I did report it many times during the Beta) Go to your favorites browser, Add something as your favorite (it turns green along with others you may have) now hit the refresh button. See all favorites disappear. But they come back when you restart the game.

DICE definition of refresh (refresh = erase)

Oh and how about server info still not showing in load screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ~SOM~Soldat
      My car won't start it must be BC of 1.4
      Your mechanic must work for DICE.

Comment

i cant even install 1.4...it says...cant find install folder in bf2....its happens in both the incremantal and the full....do u have an install folder???.....now i cant even go back and play 1.3....every server i try....that includes special forces and Poe2...i crash 2 desktop

Comment

I guess you could say there are less "bugs" although I don't think there were too many with 1.3 tbh. I don't like the feel of infantry combat, when you go prone behind something and stand up you can't shoot for like a second. These "fixes" aren't what's needed, the delay things aren't too bad an idea but, were executed horribly. The CQC feels like there's a lot less fluidity. tbh i wouldn't mind if they never released a new patch after 1.12.

Comment

I haven't had any problems

Comment

Originally posted by [PTG]KillAllFools
              I guess you could say there are less "bugs" although I don't think there were too many with 1.3 tbh. I don't like the feel of infantry combat, when you go prone behind something and stand up you can't shoot for like a second. These "fixes" aren't what's needed, the delay things aren't too bad an idea but, were executed horribly. The CQC feels like there's a lot less fluidity. tbh i wouldn't mind if they never released a new patch after 1.12.

i beleive ur right....1.12 was a time when it ran smoothly...no problems....was that 1 before special forces came out???

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaDoc64
                OK try this. (and I did report it many times during the Beta) Go to your favorites browser, Add something as your favorite (it turns green along with others you may have) now hit the refresh button. See all favorites disappear. But they come back when you restart the game.

mine doesnt erase them, they just turn from green to gray o w\e the color is and I see server info on the loading screen

Comment

I've noticed quite a bit of lag, I've tried several different servers and all are pretty much the same. I had a 35 ping on 1 server and still it was choppy, My system ran fine before. I have 2 gig of some good OCZ PC-3200, a 2 gig 64 AMD, and an ATI X800XT AIW board and i run it @ 1280 X 960 with all set to medium.

Comment

Having only started my BF2 experience with 1.3, I must say 1.4 is an improvement for me. Since the patch was released I have only had 2 server crashes and no CTD. This is a massive difference and caused me the most frustration with 1.3.

I don't get any lag at all even with everything on high, although I do have a high spec pc and good cable connection.

The favourites issue was supposed to be fixed, but I found logging out and then in again cures it. No need for a restart - and not the end of the world.

My only issue was the grenade fest I saw on Jalalabad last night. I mean - bloody hell! Makes Karkand look like a walk in the park! Still it was only 1 round out of about 6-7 I have played on the map.

All in all a thumbs up from me so far.

Comment

I keep getting stupid-*** "Connection lost" BS.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaDoc64

This is the only problem anyone can think of? This has been around since before the first patch, from v 1.00 till today. Instead of refreshing, just single-click on the server name and it refreshes that server's info. An annoying bug,ut not difficult to get around.

There is the rare connection lost bug, which is only a step up from the server crash bug, but at least this affects fewer people and occurs far less often.

Comment

so did they have all these problems in the beta???

Comment

Originally posted by =MLK=stallzer
                            I've noticed quite a bit of lag, I've tried several different servers and all are pretty much the same. I had a 35 ping on 1 server and still it was choppy, My system ran fine before. I have 2 gig of some good OCZ PC-3200, a 2 gig 64 AMD, and an ATI X800XT AIW board and i run it @ 1280 X 960 with all set to medium.
                            Only problem I have ever found in 1.4 so far. The occasion 'Lag' symptom that finds you two seconds later dead in the water, crashed the attack heli with co pilot, or pearl harboured your jet into that dodgy looking tree with Low Settings and 25ping.
                            Else I've only had 2 "There is a problem with your muthafu kn connection" errors leading to disconnect in the past 15hrs. Whereas 1.3 shot my computer every 5mins, or when I'd have the best rounds ever leading by 50points. My current high score (As I'm not a pointwhore) is 129, yet I've crashed numerous times with scores over 150. Sucks fat..
                            Oh and about 50 Gold, Silver, Bronze medals thanks to 1.4 addition Jalalabad amatuer-made map, rarely victim to anything other than catching an arty strike with my teeth.
                            No problem with incremental patch 1.3 - 1.4 from filecloud either.
                            All up, 1.4 is going great~!

Originally posted by Ix_Mac_xI
                            My only issue was the grenade fest I saw on Jalalabad last night. I mean - bloody hell! Makes Karkand look like a walk in the park! Still it was only 1 round out of about 6-7 I have played on the map.
                            Where and why!? Jalalabad is HUGE so grab a car (Karkand only has 1, Jalalabad 8 USMC) and drive around it to Hotel or the back of Mosque and Cap something. Nade spamming is for 1 direction running (E.g. Karkands front alleyway entrance), where as Jalalabad has a million entrances to choose from OR it has large wide open spaces to single shot kill anyone

Comment

i still cant even install the patch(incremental or full)...keeps askin for "install folder for bf2"...no one seems 2 have 1 yet thiers installed fine...i guess its 1 of those mysteries of the uninverse

Comment

I havent gotten a SINGLE server crash or CTD since the patch. Thats great!

Comment

Working...
                                X