DAO-12 After 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DAO-12 After 1.4

I seem to have a bug where I crash if I pick up a dead soldier's AT kit, while myself being AT.

I don't think the DAO-12 itself has gotten better but it would seem that the hit detection has. The DAO does, IIRC, 12x8 damage, that's up to 12 separate impact points when you shoot once, the detection on those must've improved.

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Pretty much the same 4 me.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorj
          I guess I just suck because I'm getting owned when I have the DAO-12 in my hand. If I can sneak up on the enemy then yeah it's a easy kill; however, when they see me and we start shooting at each other at about 10m, I'm toast. I haven't been aiming for the head so I'll try that.
          Yeah, you have to play the DAO-12 right which means perfecting the DAO-12 sucker punch which goes as follows...

If you're spotted and you're out of DAO-12 range, get behind cover straight away and reload - you won't win long-distance or even medium-distance shooting matches.

Give it a few seconds for them to get close - most people will think you're running scared and will be expecting an easy kill.

When you think they're close, sprint out from behind cover right at them - don't wait for them to come to you as you'll lose the element of suprise - they won't be expecting you to charge out at them but you'll be able to roughly guess where they are.

If you've timed it right you'll burst out from cover just as they're close (ie, within DAO-12 range), you'll get the first shots off and with the DAO-12, if you shoot first, they're dead.

The better players won't be fooled but most will and it's a very satisfying kill. It's a pretty obvious technique, the killer bit is luring them close then suprising them. It's much more effective that just going prone and waiting for them.

Comment

Working...
          X