Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAO-12 After 1.4

Hey all

I play AT a lot, hence adore my DAO-12. It's weird though, it *seems* different after the 1.4 patch. I may be imagining it but it seems more powerful, ie it seems to knock people back more and kill them quicker.

I was defending a flag on Jalalabad last night and saw around 4 attackers all crouched round the flag and I laid into them with my DAO-12 and it was like playing insta-gib, I was like WTF, that was rediculously easy. I normally get pretty good results with it but not THAT good.

Is this just my imagination or has anyone else noticed this?

K

Re: DAO-12 After 1.4

I notice it too... but is compleatly random.. it does not happend eveytime.

I also notice that when you are using the AT weapon (Eryx or SRAW), if you JUMP and in the air start tapping the fire button on the mouse, on the exact moment that the soldier hits the ground 2 rockets are expeled from the AT weapon.. well, only you can see it, other players see only one.

Comment

Yeah I noticed, I happened across an enemy with a dao-12 and 1 shot completely wasted me.... Never happened before.

Comment

i love my DAO, and nows it seems more powerfull i, i cant stop using it

Comment

Originally posted by KHAN
          Yeah I noticed, I happened across an enemy with a dao-12 and 1 shot completely wasted me.... Never happened before.
          One shot to the head with the DAO-12 has always been an instant killer .

Comment

when i picked up tha P90 it seemed stronger, is this true,.....have they also made the P90 Stronger??

Comment

Dice are supposed to have worked on the net code in this patch in a big way maybe its not that the weapons are more powerfull but there more effective. Say the bad hit detection in bf2 only casued 3 out of 5 rounds to register as a hit in the old bf2 but now with the new patch thats been improved so 4 out of 5 rounds now hit that would give the perception of the weapons being more deadly. Its just a theory though ive not checked any of the weapon stats but ive not heard of the the weapon being tweaked either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
                Hey all

I play AT a lot, hence adore my DAO-12. It's weird though, it *seems* different after the 1.4 patch. I may be imagining it but it seems more powerful, ie it seems to knock people back more and kill them quicker.

I was defending a flag on Jalalabad last night and saw around 4 attackers all crouched round the flag and I laid into them with my DAO-12 and it was like playing insta-gib, I was like WTF, that was rediculously easy. I normally get pretty good results with it but not THAT good.

Is this just my imagination or has anyone else noticed this?

K

I do not think it got any better. Maybe you were lucky with several head shots.

Comment

Off topic a bit but, I hit a guy right in the chest, point blank with a ERYX and it sent him flying at least 20-30 feet. That has never happened before. The DAO seems a bit beefier, it might just be my contentment at no more crashes though.

Comment

I get inconstant performance with the DAO-12. Sometimes I become like Terminator, taking out a few enemies with a few clicks of the mouse. Other times, I can't hit the broadside of an aircraft carrier.

You might have just gotten lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                      Off topic a bit but, I hit a guy right in the chest, point blank with a ERYX and it sent him flying at least 20-30 feet. That has never happened before. The DAO seems a bit beefier, it might just be my contentment at no more crashes though.
                      That's exactly what I was talking about when I said it seemed to knock people back more and it sounds like it's related. I noticed this with the DAO-12 and I also noticed this when I was on top of a high building on Jalalabad watching from above, people seemed to be send flying by whatever weapon they were being shot with.

I can understand that the damage modification may be caused by network code where I was hitting more when I used to be missing, that's a possiblilty.

However, this "flying backwards" bit would not be caused by different network code (I don't think), it's more of a behavior modification. So, I wonder what's changed. This is what I think..

For the weapon damage...

Weapon damage has been increased (just DAO-12 or others?)

or

Weapon accuracy has been improved by network code (just DAO-12 or others?)

For the flying back bit..

There's improved physics where you are physically moved around when being hit by projectiles (does the relative weight of the projectile make a difference?)

What do you reckon? Maybe it's worth a bit of experimentation.

Comment

Im getting killed by the DAO in situations where I usually hear the splatter and taking some damage.

It seems that they do that little hop before firing the DAO, but not sure.

Comment

I have been wacked by dao-12 an p90 waaaaaaaaaaaay more since patch
                          (btw - my jack hammer seems to be shooting blanks now)

Comment

I havent tried the DAO or P-90... but I was pretty sure my AK was shooting nerf bullets the other day... that and there was a 1 second delay between shock-paddling someone and them being revived (I thought I missed ALOT). All this ONLY happens to me on jallalabad maps though.

Comment

I guess I just suck because I'm getting owned when I have the DAO-12 in my hand. If I can sneak up on the enemy then yeah it's a easy kill; however, when they see me and we start shooting at each other at about 10m, I'm toast. I haven't been aiming for the head so I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
                              X