Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dice if you can't beat hackers, join them

Originally posted by 74javelin
    last week there was a few guys that i just thought were good. turns out there was a few hackers on the server. i didn't know until they paused the server to run scans for hacks and the all hell broke lose. they kicked a few players but all hell was still braking lose. needless to say the 3 times they rans scans they couldn't find all the hackers.
    I'm a server admin and I've never heard of anyone pausing a server to "scan for hacks". I'm not picking on you since you didn't do this, but could someone who actually "scans for hacks" please fill me in on what exactly you are doing. PB is already actively scanning for it during the whole game and as far as I know there is no program to run to do this yourself, but just because I haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist so fill me in please.

Comment

I can agree with what some have said however, it does not negate the issue that aimbots still function as intended. Even though there is a hitbox detection issue with this game when an oppoent is running, I didn't think to relate it to accuracy. Also, you cannot run for ever and as soon as you stop the aimbot will have a fix on your head and you’re dead. This is because of the 1 shot kill to the head on some of the weapons. That's why I also included that only sniper rifles get 1 shot head kills. All other hand weapons should not kill in 1 shot to the head. This will help weaken the use of aimbots.

I can see why not to increase the accuracy can be argued. However, it's the only one and, to be brutally honest aimbot users still have the edge. If you increase the accuracy for everyone, then everyone has the bonus that the aimbot users have. If you are a skilled player you will put up a real challenge for aimbot users and, you finally see some skill in the game, IMO. If you still have problems aiming your mouse then practice on single player is all that's needed, not a big deal. Just like 1942 where you hit what you aimed at. This is all that I am asking for when I make this suggestion to increase accuracy.

The ideas in the OP are not meant to mean a way of "given in to hacks" but a more of a fight against hackers buy using their own strengths (aimbots, wall hacks, fog hacks, etc) against them. No different then a material artist (who's enemy is stronger then him) using the strength of his enemy against him.
      Or
      A general in the army commanding his troops (who are out numbered 2 to 1) to out flank his enemy and catch them in a cross fire.
      I think you get the idea...

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd
        I'm a server admin and I've never heard of anyone pausing a server to "scan for hacks". I'm not picking on you since you didn't do this, but could someone who actually "scans for hacks" please fill me in on what exactly you are doing. PB is already actively scanning for it during the whole game and as far as I know there is no program to run to do this yourself, but just because I haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist so fill me in please.

i think i was in- IMA city maps .

in big letters it said (paused for 3 minutes ) (scaning for hacks). i don't know how servers work. but maybe they where just checking peoples screen shots? i don't know but they paused the game 3 times in a few minutes. but the hacker was still on when i left.

Comment

Re: Dice if you can't beat hackers, use them in game

Originally posted by eastcoasthandle
          Anti Aimbot:
          -improve the accuracy on all weapons based on class. This will prevent an edge for those that use aimbots. I am not saying increase accuracy to 100% for all weapons. What I am saying FOR EXAMPLE:
          ==decrease the deviation for assualt weapons from 1.0 to .70 (make adjustments when standing, crouching and prone)
          ==decrease deviationsupport weapons from 1.5 to 1.0 (make adjustments when standing, crouching, prone)
          ==decrease deviation for snipers, special op weapons, engineers, medics and so on in the same fashion.
          You are very much mistaken. Decreasing deviation would actually give an ultimate edge to aimbotters. An aimbot aims very accurately in the geometical centre of players head or torso. If it was *not* for the deviation, every aimbot user would have 100:0 K/d ratio because he will always aim many, many times faster than a human being.

The only way to fight aimbots is to put the focus on thinking and gaining tactical advantage, as - for instance - is the case with piloting an attack helo. There will be never a hack for piloting a helo, because thats more an art than something you coud describe via an algorithm. Just look how bots 'fly' their choppers in singleplayer.

Whenever reflex and aim is needed, cheaters *always* win, no matter what the engine or parameters of weapons. The only time a cheater cant win is when he has a significantly inferior weapon.

best regards,
          Ognacy

Comment

Originally posted by Eye_of_god
            There is a hack out there, where you can shoot through walls
            I have bein' killed like this on a server one night
            Sucked
            Not a hack. You would have backed up to the wall and had your leg hanging out the back of the wall. If I had found you like that it would of been a knife to the foot and you would be dead. Catch a few out now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by 74javelin
              i think i was in- IMA city maps .

in big letters it said (paused for 3 minutes ) (scaning for hacks). i don't know how servers work. but maybe they where just checking peoples screen shots? i don't know but they paused the game 3 times in a few minutes. but the hacker was still on when i left.
              Thanks for the info, perhaps I'll take a trip to their forums and ask how to do it b/c if it catches people then I'm all for it. I'm also kind of wondering if it's just a bluff to get people who are hacking to leave before they get "caught", but I guess I'll have to ask them.

Comment

I have only once run into someone i suspect of hacking in my 1200 hours of playing. I dont think it's a big problem in bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd
                  Thanks for the info, perhaps I'll take a trip to their forums and ask how to do it b/c if it catches people then I'm all for it. I'm also kind of wondering if it's just a bluff to get people who are hacking to leave before they get "caught", but I guess I'll have to ask them.
                  Effective method - those that disconnect from server during "scanning" are the cheaters. The scans and automatic screenshots are running all the time IF the PB server is configured this way and there's no way to manually get the PB screenshots of all the players in the 3 minutes. Besides, even if the game is paused, the hacks aren't and the cheaters have plenty of time to disable them, hide the menus etc.

As for thread starter - your logic is seriously flawed. The main reason that BF2 aimbots are unsuccessfull is the low accuracy of weapons. Increasing it would only make them more effective. An aimbot can only do the aiming, it cannot disable deviation and cone of the fire. And yeah, a hack can't make the bullets fly through the walls. :laugh:

Comment

Again, a skilled player can be more effective with a hacker if you remove the ability of all hand weapons to kill 1 shot to the head. Everyone who is basing their arguement "that it's flawed" is only referencing the few weapons that can kill in one shot. The reason why that's flawed is that you can remove the ability of those few weapons (except sniper rifles) that can kill in 1 shot to the head. Then place a limit on how many snipers are allowed on 1 team (again I said 1/4 for example).

Comment

An aimbot can turn 180 degrees and get a 100% headshot aim in a fraction of a second, without the cheater even knowing someone was behind him. And accurately track it's target afterwards if one shot is not enough. A person can't be faster or more accurate, no matter how skilled he is.

Just compare the success of cheaters in BF2 against the other games with more accurate bullet trajectories (RTCW, ET, Q3, CSS...) and you'll see that BF2 cheaters fare miserably - most of them struggles to maintain a 1:1 KD ratio while they easily got a 10:1 ratio in those other games.

Comment

Anyone who hacks is a lame f**kin *** wipe that has to use cheats cos they suck otherwise. And if they say they are good without hacks why use them in the first place

Comment

Working...
                        X