Dice if you can't beat hackers, join them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dice if you can't beat hackers, join them

That's right Dice, if you can't overcome the new ways hackers are using their aimbots, wall hacks, no fog, etc. Why not join them? Hey lets be honest some of the ideas behind hacking are good, why not use it? This is a radical idea that I believe was used with CS:S enable it's UAV rendering the wall hack useless. Oh, how the hackers complained about that but in the end the game is being played more then ever. So, you may ask, "what do you have in mind". Well I offer the following ideas (rough drafts):

Anti Aimbot:
    -improve the accuracy on all weapons based on class. This will prevent an edge for those that use aimbots. I am not saying increase accuracy to 100% for all weapons. What I am saying FOR EXAMPLE:
    ==decrease the deviation for assualt weapons from 1.0 to .70 (make adjustments when standing, crouching and prone)
    ==decrease deviationsupport weapons from 1.5 to 1.0 (make adjustments when standing, crouching, prone)
    ==decrease deviation for snipers, special op weapons, engineers, medics and so on in the same fashion.
    However, it should remain consistant. For example all weapon deviations for class like Snipers should have the lowest deviation then special ops, then assualt, then medics, then support then engineer.
    -remove the 1 shot kill to the head on all weapons except the sniper rifle. And, place a limit on the number of snipers per team. No more then 1/4 IMO. This will also render aimbots useless making a more even playing field.
    -Remove weak spots on armor. Again this will render aimbot useless.

Anti Wall Hacks:
    -when using the uav also enable an option to see your opponent through walls as well. This will even up the playing field when you have hackers using wall hacks.

Anti Fog
    -Increase the FOV by moving the fog back at least by 25%. Those who do not have computers powerful enough to handle the increased environment will have to adjust the FOV slider to compensate (in the video options menu).

It's obvious this only addresses a few of the hacks. However, this does address the hacks most used IMO. To be honest this idea is very ridged rough draft however, is probably the best solution to those who insist on cheating in the game. If you incorporate the cheats they use in the game, it should level the playing field and create a more balanced game. The purpose of this post is intended to water down hackers advantage when they cheat (I am sure there are other ideas along this line that are equally affective). Although some will argue (fix the bugs) I still believe this aspect of the game needs to be addressed. You should never be so narrow sighted that you forget one of the biggest problems of this online game, hacks. Hacks are just a big of a problem as bugs and I believe they need to be equally looked into. Saying that all online games have hacks does not negate the issue that BF2 needs a solution that will water down the use of hacks.

I already know this may cause some to only post flames, making it obvious who hacks and who does not hack. However, it needs to be said in hopes that a few simple game tweaks will render hacking useless. It can also relieve some stress on relaying on PB as the "ONLY" solution to hacks. I hope this aspect of game play will be pioneered for other online games, "If you can't beatem, join them"!

Re: Dice if you can't beat hackers, join them

if i were you id give this thread a different title. people on this forum have a nasty little habit of posting without reading.

i personally dont think hacking is as big of a problem as many people make it out to be. i find 10 year olds crying "HAX" much more frequent and irritating than the actual hacking itself.

those are some ok ideas but tbh i dont think any will ever be employed. EA is done modifying and "fixing" the BF2 engine, and even if they werent they would never change anything that wouldnt turn into profit. ive seen some of the best simplest suggestions posted on these forums and others, but instead of focusing on the real problems (with the exception of the CTDs) they put forth useless new concepts like IO.

i myself dont know that much about hacking and dont feel i need to. however, what i do know is that i nor any of my friends have never had any significant problems with hackers in BF2. what would help is a more efficient PB or system like it.

Comment

I'm going to object to your ideas, but it's not because I hack.

1.) If you increase the accuracy, the aimbots are going to be that much more accurate.

2.) Allowing you to see your enemies through the wall isn't necessary. If the UAV is up, you can easily figure out where your enemies are if you have any experience with the game.

The fog thing I could live with, but not because I think it would have any impact on hacks, but because I would like to be able to actually use the sniper rifle without getting hit from guns with iron sights.

Honestly, hacking is not prevalent in BF2. I've been playing for over a year and I don't think I've ever encountered somebody that I thought was hacking. Sometimes people land crazy shots, but unless it happens again and again and again it was just a crazy shot, not a hack.

*edit*

I have seen one hack and one hack only...the one where some random player takes over the commander's assets. I totally forgot about it because it doesn't get them a bunch of points or anything, it's just mildly annoying.

Comment

A lot of woman been crying since 1.4, new fad ?

Comment

How about EA/DICE use a fraction of the mega profits they made from BF2 and invest in some anti hacking software. Wouldn't that be a better way to combat the cheaters?

Comment

I did not even realize there were cheats in BF2.

...seriously, I have never met hacker...

Comment

I wouldnt waste typing. I doubt they would take your ideas. They promissed a lot in the 1.4. I dont see that much that was promissed. I never seen players using hacks on Battlefield 2.

Comment

The only hack I've seen is the Cartillery one.

The only hacker I've come up against was banned when I reported him.

I've been called an aimbotter a hundred thousand times though; but thats because most of my matches turn into me getting 40 kills, with around 10-15 deaths. People like to whine when you're dominating them.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                  I did not even realize there were cheats in BF2.

...seriously, I have never met hacker...
                  Same.

Comment

They can't make a game in the first place, what makes you think they can counter hackers?

Comment

In all honesty, if they implemented your proposed "improvements" then I would quit playing. I don't want to see through walls and the guns are accurate enough as they are. Why make everything easier for people`

Comment

i think there is quite a bit of hacking going on. just look at the traffic the hack site get. i've never call anyone a hacker. but there have been quite a few time i've been head shot by the same guy every time i ran into them. some of the shots where really hard to believe since he had already head shot me 4 times before that.

last week there was a few guys that i just thought were good. turns out there was a few hackers on the server. i didn't know until they paused the server to run scans for hacks and the all hell broke lose. they kicked a few players but all hell was still braking lose. needless to say the 3 times they rans scans they couldn't find all the hackers.

Comment

Having played 800+ hours my humble opinion is -

Hacking/Aimbotting are not widespread in this game.

If it is I've been really lucky and missed the show!

Why would you bother when padding, jets, base rape, knife & pistol, 24/7 Karkand are all easily available to boost those points?

Comment

People that say hacks arent a real problem are just blind to the fact. Its all over, just look it up.:cry:

Comment

There is a hack out there, where you can shoot through walls
                              I have bein' killed like this on a server one night
                              Sucked

Comment

Working...
                              X