WTF with C4??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF with C4??

The guy drops it like its a 500 lb. brick!

Re: WTF with C4??

:hi: use :ar15: instead of C4
    whoever made those changes is an :cussing:
    the game much slover now.

Comment

I noticed it too. It's making the game a lot less enjoyable and seems to be an ROE violation in and of itself.
      2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

(c) Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
        I noticed it too. It's making the game a lot less enjoyable and seems to be an ROE violation in and of itself.
        2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

(c) Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.

Huh?
        He's talking about the throw distance (lower) change that came with the 1.4 release.
        It really does not bother me, I'm actually seeing less and less "toss and pray" noobs now.
        The guys taking out tanks are the people using their wits and sneaking up on them, this is how it should be.

Comment

lol and ur a mod here?

C4 is still a weapon, being able to chuck it 20' instead of engaging in gunfire is tough crap...

Comment

Why don't they like the pistol and knife? Sure, they're for stat-padders, but you must admit, everyone has played a few rounds of pistol and knife, and they are pretty fun. I just don't see the argument.

Comment

no I haven't used a pistol & knife to get my badge you lamer

[edit] still waiting for my pistol with 50,000+ lol

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCrater
                The guy drops it like its a 500 lb. brick!
                Hey, maybe now you will use it as intended, instead of using it like personal artillery, so sad, deal with it.

Comment

I think its dumb to. if you complane about someone throwing c4 one meter and it killing you you have a problem. whoever came up with the idea of dropping c4 like a 500 pound brick should shoot himself. really whats next they think planes fly to fast so they lower the speed to the speed of tanks and make them way 500 tons more.

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor
                  Hey, maybe now you will use it as intended, instead of using it like personal artillery, so sad, deal with it.
                  How can he use it like artilery? you can only toss over short fences? it never went that far to begin with.

Comment

ffs get over it

Comment

I really thought that the C4 issue was resolved after patch 1.2 came out. I'm not sure why they would nerf it any more. It really couldn't be tossed more than about 3 meters anyway after 1.2.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                        How can he use it like artilery? you can only toss over short fences? it never went that far to begin with.
                        Far enough for people to toss and survive on open ground, which is too far.

Comment

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor
                          Far enough for people to toss and survive on open ground, which is too far.
                          why dont you try it your self if you throw 1 pack of c4 on the ground and dont move back at all even before 1,4 you would get your head blown off.

Comment

Uhm, naturally. But people managed to toss it far enough before 1.4 to use it as a remote detonated ubergrenade, while surviving the blast, which is just plain wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
                              ffs get over it
                              In case you missed it, you are in a BF2 Discussion forum. That is what we do here, discuss things. If you have nothing to add but your "get over it" mantra, do everyone including yourself a favor of not posting and moving to the next thread.

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                              lol and ur a mod here?

C4 is still a weapon, being able to chuck it 20' instead of engaging in gunfire is tough crap...
                              If you have something to say, say it. Don't be indirect. I made an observation, it is my opinion. The minimizing of the throwing distance for the 3rd time is not something that was a "desperately needed change". The only people that were abusing it prior to 1.4 were the macro uses.
                              My reference to the ROE was as a comparison to the official rules being not to limit the use of any particular kit and the way that the kit has been modified for the 3rd time now. Did I really have to explain all that to you?

The point of my inital post was that it was find the way it was, period.

Comment

Working...
                              X