Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else experiencing poor performance with an XFI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else experiencing poor performance with an XFI?

I just got mine and my settings are as follow:

Creative X-fi
    Ultra High

My game now studders often and performance (fps-wise) has fallen.

Can anyone out there give me some help?

Re: Anybody else experiencing poor performance with an XFI?

lower your settings? or try different gfx drivers

i used the latest nvidia drivers and noticed glitches ingame, so i rolled back and all ok

Comment

While you're at it if you haven't done so already, update your X-Fi drivers,

Comment

I have updated my xfi drivers. this is so stupid. I spent so much money on this card and its ruining my favorite game. I tried doing the OpenAl trick to and it still is running below 40fps all the time. Whereas I would get 60+ fps. It keeps studdering. What the hell si this? Should I completely reinstall my sound card?

Comment

I sent you a PM but I'll post it here as well.

You're not alone:

Personally, my X-Fi works fine and I had no performance it after installing it and going X-Fi/Ultra-High

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
            I sent you a PM but I'll post it here as well.

You're not alone:

Personally, my X-Fi works fine and I had no performance it after installing it and going X-Fi/Ultra-High
            I tried all that.

This could be the problem:

I forgot to run driver cleaner to uninstall my RealTek audio sound before installing the sound card. If this is the problem. Should I completely uninstall my xfi and reinstall it?

Comment

There are 900+ replies .. you're saying that you've already tried ALL of the suggestions?

I would recommend uninstalling the X-Fi drivers and make sure you uninstall any remaining RealTek drivers/apps and then reboot into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro in Safe Mode and remove all traces of your X-Fi drivers and RealTek drivers. Then reboot. Then install X-Fi drivers straight from Creative's site. Then reboot.

Comment

There are 900+ replies .. you're saying that you've already tried ALL of the suggestions?

I would recommend uninstalling the X-Fi drivers and make sure you uninstall any remaining RealTek drivers/apps and then reboot into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro in Safe Mode and remove all traces of your X-Fi drivers and RealTek drivers. Then reboot. Then install X-Fi drivers straight from Creative's site. Then reboot.
                How do I uninstall the drivers? I dont see it in Add/Remove programs in control panel.

Comment

Ok then..have you disabled your on-board sound card in the BIOS?

Comment

Ok then..have you disabled your on-board sound card in the BIOS?
                    I have disabled sound in my BIOS. How do I uninstall the drivers? DriverCleaner?

EDIT: I did an experiment and I disbled my sound card completely and then played BF2. My fps jummped from below 40 to 70+. This card is giving me troouble. Should I completely reinstall it? and completely reinstall Bf2 as well?

Comment

Im sick of this poor poor performance with my xfi.

Whats the deal? I just installed this and the performance of my game has dropped DRAMATICALLY. I cant play the game! Whats going on?

EDIT: Ive installed the latest driver.

Comment

Re: Im sick of this poor poor performance with my xfi.

title edited, stop the profanity

Comment

I've had this on my previous mainboard - when switching to x-fi high (or god forbid, ultra high) meant 20% fps drop, especially on 64pl servers. I changed my mainboard and now the problem is gone. So it might be your PCI bus is to blame - do you have any other bus-intensive cards installed, like PCI network adapter or ATA/SCSI card?

cheers,
                          Ognacy

Comment

Here is some light reading for u-

Like 100 pages of issues with BF2 and X-FI.

Comment

Ive seen those links. Are you saying I need to switch my motherboarD? This is so pathetic. I complete waste of money. Or will creative release patches to fix this. pathetic. Will bf2142 have the same problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X