Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unlisted changes in 1.4

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
    Both the tank machine gun and APC main gun now have deviation. Whereas both would nomally fire dead on round after round on they now have a slight spread to them. This deviation cannot be controlled by bursting. Doesn't really effect the guns effectiveness all that much either but it does take down the lethality a crack shot had with them previously and ups the effectiveness a newbie has with it. The pro no longer gets 100% accurate fire where he aims it and a n00b can now shoot in your general direction, aim poorly and still kill you with a random bullet spray. A silly change without a doubt.

They also slowed the flag capture speed by what I'd estimate to be around 25%.
    I have no proof of it, but i'm pretty sure the apc autocannon had a spread to it before 1.4. Can anyone look at the files?

Comment

i have noticed a change in handling for fast moving jeeps im finding them more easyier to handle

Comment

They changed the J-10's cannons...

WHY .... the **** would they do that...

They make it so it shoots like the JSF... bullets now come out of the center of the nose... WOW...

So 1.4 actually made the J-10 BETTER.

Comment

I've also noticed differences in flag capping times. At one occasion it snapped down like cord had been snapped but I didn't see any friendlies around (can't recall the map).

Now this might be a stupid question, but does the capping speed depend on how far you are from the flag?

Comment

Here's another unlisted change

Decreased overall FPS of many players

My FPS went from 60 to 30. :/ My clan mates have had the same problems. Some of them also had their ping jump 200+

Comment

Both the tank machine gun and APC main gun now have deviation. Whereas both would nomally fire dead on round after round on they now have a slight spread to them. This deviation cannot be controlled by bursting. Doesn't really effect the guns effectiveness all that much either but it does take down the lethality a crack shot had with them previously and ups the effectiveness a newbie has with it. The pro no longer gets 100% accurate fire where he aims it (so less raw DPS on a target) and a n00b can now shoot in your general direction, aim poorly and still kill you with a random bullet spray that deviation provides. A silly and useless change without a doubt and is yet more dumbing down of the game to make it appeal to casual (crappy) gamers.

X2 for that one though.. Why are they changing things and not letting us know.. I feel kind of cheated. They are changing things without our opinion on if it sucks or is a good thing.

Comment

Is it just me or do alot of the guns on the jeeps/transport helis/AA vehicles/etc, take a LOT longer to overheat?

Comment

Re: 1.4 Complete Change Log?

There were no significant handheld weapon changes in 1.3 or 1.4. The sound of the P90 was changed in 1.3 but the RoF was 900 in 1.22 and is still 900. G3/G36/LMG deviation numbers have not changed since 1.22.

Comment

they seemed to have added a more random drop area when dropping vehicles. Its harder to drop directly on a target.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                      they seemed to have added a more random drop area when dropping vehicles. Its harder to drop directly on a target.
                      That was listed.

Comment

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor
                        I have no proof of it, but i'm pretty sure the apc autocannon had a spread to it before 1.4. Can anyone look at the files?
                        Trust me. It had zero spread. Every shot was directly behind the next no matter how fast you fired it.

Comment

Trust me. It had zero spread. Every shot was directly behind the next no matter how fast you fired it.
                          Lies.

Well, unless someone takes apart the code again, we wont know for sure.

Comment

Another one:

Less bullet drop at long distances with L96A1.

Comment

u can run for longer with no vehicles on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
                                Here's another unlisted change

Decreased overall FPS of many players

My FPS went from 60 to 30. :/ My clan mates have had the same problems. Some of them also had their ping jump 200+
                                yea... i got quiet a few ping jumps here... and there enough to get bann form a server:cry:

Originally posted by sinus123
                                Another one:

Less bullet drop at long distances with L96A1.
                                Deffinatly i cant shoot nearly as well with it like i used to=(

Comment

Working...
                                X