• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank You DICE FOR SCREWING BF2!!

thank you. some intelligence is nice.

Comment

OK, I figured it out. I was checking out my drives and I noticed that my C drive was totally full. I knew that wasn't right. So I checked were my swap disk was located and noticed that it was still pointing to the C drive. I switched it to my dedicated swap disk and wholla, it worked. So now I am off to explore the wonderfull world of 1.4. Thanks for the help.
      Late

Comment

Can anyoen give me some help? My game is crashing when it reaches 49% has anyone else expirienced this issue if so please tell me how i can fix this issue.

Comment

I run a 64 player ranked server and would have to totally agree EA are on some kind of piss take!!! We have paid large amounts of money for these server to crash up to 10 times per day!!! after all these months we have all waited for a patch to correct the server crashing to be very disapointed, on upgrade of our server yesterday after the very first round our server crashed and continued for 5 more times throughout the day.
          I cant believe that after all this time EA havent fixed the issue? have they a motive behind this????
          Cheers
          |2es-mrix

Comment

man I havent had a crash yet.

Comment

Are you running a 64 player server??
              Cheers
              |2es-mrix

Comment

Originally posted by Firestarter
                Im sorry to say that with the latest patch (1.4), DICE has once again proven that they have no idea or maybe they don't have the original programmers. This new patch has become a virtual crash-fest!! It's like one step forward and three steps backwards with every new patch. Im sure the zealots would dismiss whatever im saying but to be honest DICE has taken the fun out of this game and made it extremely frustrating as far as stability is concerned. I was playing this game with about 80% stability with the 1.3 patch, but now it's like 50% stable, even after re-installing the game. WTF? To be honest i wish the game was still at it's original 1.0 phase, but due to whiners, we're all getting screwed.
                standard reply to 1.4 whiner.

Comment

The title should be: Thank you EA and Dice for abandoning bf2 and screwing it up.

Comment

WTF??

I cannot believe the attitude of some people to what is obviously a quite blatent lack of any kind of real customer support.

The 1.4 patch fixed nothing and tbh I'm wondering what the hell EA/Dice have been doing since 1.3.

Just because you arent suffering from issues with your install doesnt mean that no-one else will, now I'm not going to pretend that BF2 is the only game to ever cause problems - because that would be narrow-minded, but, it certainly is the only game to cause them on such a repeatably grand scale.

For all the 'stop whining' posters, step outside your bedroom there is a world out there where **** like this happens, just because you ain't seeing it don't mean it aint happening...so instead of flaming try helping...

And just for the record, I didnt suffer any install issues but, have been victim to re-install requirements in the past & if the truth be told I had just about every limb crossed and my eyes closed when I clicked 'join server' for the first time...

Flame away, I dont care but, EA can stuff it where 2142 is concerned - let the fools keep it

r4z

Comment

Originally posted by R4zb3rry
                      WTF??

I cannot believe the attitude of some people to what is obviously a quite blatent lack of any kind of real customer support.

The 1.4 patch fixed nothing and tbh I'm wondering what the hell EA/Dice have been doing since 1.3.

Just because you arent suffering from issues with your install doesnt mean that no-one else will, now I'm not going to pretend that BF2 is the only game to ever cause problems - because that would be narrow-minded, but, it certainly is the only game to cause them on such a repeatably grand scale.

For all the 'stop whining' posters, step outside your bedroom there is a world out there where **** like this happens, just because you ain't seeing it don't mean it aint happening...so instead of flaming try helping...

And just for the record, I didnt suffer any install issues but, have been victim to re-install requirements in the past & if the truth be told I had just about every limb crossed and my eyes closed when I clicked 'join server' for the first time...

Flame away, I dont care but, EA can stuff it where 2142 is concerned - let the fools keep it

r4z
                      Agreed. 1.4 hardly fixed anything we wanted.

Comment

How are "we" supposed to help? The original message was nothing but sad whining on how Firestarter got "screwed" by installing 1.4 while other players have no problems with BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Maniac
                          How are "we" supposed to help? The original message was nothing but sad whining on how Firestarter got "screwed" by installing 1.4 while other players have no problems with BF2.
                          He was complaining about poor performance and stability which is a valid issue, "you" could off helped by posting methods of resolving his stability issues - unless of course it is the patch which is flawed...oh but it couldnt possibly be that, because runs perfectly for me!!

Comment

Could it just be that the games just runs better on some HW setups and worse on others?
                            I know that to determine this for sure there would need to be a wider survey not just a couple of posts on this forum. Would be nice if EA/Dice could organise (wishful thinking) a bigger survey of the HW used to run BF2. There could maybe be an ingame submit form to provide EA/DICE with information about the problems that are showing up (CTD, lag, red tag, connection problems, etc) and a small script would gather the HW information.

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
                              1.2 must be the best patch, LETS ALL GO BACK TO 1.2:yay:
                              That's something I've said a million times, and after playing 1.4 and its still pathetic PKM, I pine for the days of 1.2.

Comment

He was complaining about poor performance and stability which is a valid issue, "you" could off helped by posting methods of resolving his stability issues - unless of course it is the patch which is flawed...oh but it couldnt possibly be that, because runs perfectly for me!!
                                How exactly is the patch flawed, then? What part of the code is flawed? Is it in the serverside or clientside code or in both? If the patch itself would be flawed then I'm sure that it would give stability issues (that Firestartes described) to everyone playing BF2.

Some kind of survey with raw data only anserws with detailed hardware and crashing descriptions (if your BF2 keeps crashing) could probably help to find out what exactly is causing these crashes since the games CTDs seems to affect only some people. edit: yeah, what KristianSax said..

Comment

Working...
                                X