X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank You DICE FOR SCREWING BF2!!

Originally posted by Moe619
    its the same game jsut a few changes.. i doubt the patches will amekt he game even more reosurce hungry
    May not be the same computer .. might have hardware issues.. all good, im at %98 downloaded, gonna try it out soon.

And could you proof read your posts? You have sOo many typos it's hard to read through. .... hungry?

Comment

Originally posted by Firestarter
      scott, i don't doubt your claim at all and am happy that atleast you're enjoying this game but to be honest i was looking forward to a solution to the occaisional crashes as far as 1.3 was concerned but to my dismay 1.4 has proved to be far far worse as far as stability is concerned. I also have two hard drives but it really isnt making any difference. 1.4 is making 1.3 seem like a solid patch.
      Hey...believe me, I cringed when I first clicked "join", and cound't believe it when it didn't CTD. I went ahead and installed it on my XP Pro OS (HD 2) just to make sure and walla it worked. I'm sorry it's not working for you, and I can't believe its working for me.

Originally posted by Firestarter
      BTW Josh, i love that vehicle stealing quote of yours! Priceless!! :laugh:

Best statement i've heard in ages!
      Yes...I would gladly go back to 1.2

Comment

Here we go yet again :hmm: .

Comment

I can live with CTD (just!), but have they fixed the "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CONNECTION" crash?

Comment

I'm in IT for a living, and have been for the 10 years of my career thus far. If my company bought a product and kept up to date on patches, and a suite that worked perfect in v1.2 bombed all the time in v1.8, we hardcore spam the vendor to get it fixed.

People telling people to sit back and be quiet about this kind of situation are as idiotic as the people having heart attacks in text, don't be one of them.

Comment

Nothing screwed here.... Loving the fact that I don't CTD and no server crashes.

Comment

here we go again..... ever think half these problems are yours and not BF2's? runs beautifly for me

Comment

Well I am in a state of utter confusion. I have downloaded the full patch not once but twice. Every time I try and run it it doesn't do a flipping thing. So I downloaded the incremtal and the same thing happens when I try and run the .exe. So I thought, hey, why not just try and re-install the whole thing like what has been suggested. When I hit the remove button NOTHING happens. I tried the remove button on both SF and Vanilla and nothing. I even did a search for uninstall in the bf directory and the only thing that shows up is the uninstall.ico file. Short of doing an entire re-install of all of my software with a complete defrag is there anything that I am missing?
                  Please help.
                  Late

Comment

Wait for a few minutes.... It is a huge compressed file that takes a while to uncompress and launch. Took like three minutes for me and my machine isn't a paper weight by any means. Open task manager you will see that it is working there.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-C}{G-
                      Wait for a few minutes.... It is a huge compressed file that takes a while to uncompress and launch. Took like three minutes for me and my machine isn't a paper weight by any means. Open task manager you will see that it is working there.
                      I actually tried that earlier. I hit the run button and went off to do some things. Probably gone ten minutes and nothing. So I took your suggestion and opened up task manager. I ran the program and nothing appeared. I am still watching it as I type and nothing happens. Thanks for the try though. I do appreciate it.
                      Late

Comment

That is very odd. Let me know how it turns out. I have been thinking of hosting the patch on my site... the version I have works... I just need to get the time to upload it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-C}{G-
                          That is very odd. Let me know how it turns out. I have been thinking of hosting the patch on my site... the version I have works... I just need to get the time to upload it.
                          Maybe I try downloading from a different site. That is something I hadn't thought of. Good thing it only takes a few minutes to download the whole 531mb. I still wonder about that not being able to unistall thingy. This is the first time I have had any problems with the wonders of ea patching.

We just had an earthquake. Jolted pretty good.
                          Late

Comment

Originally posted by tw33k2514
                            here we go again..... ever think half these problems are yours and not BF2's? runs beautifly for me
                            Oh sorry! I didnt realise that my PC that was working fine even with the 1.3 patch just doesn't like the 1.4, maybe it has something to do with the decimal between the numbers? WOW! Just because it's working for you, all those who are having problems are either just plain liars or have something against DICE. Hmmmm, the plot thickens.

Comment

plz dont waist my time with your BS. alot of people are running flawlessly. and alot are not. thus alot of the people who are not running smooth have other issues than the 1.4 patch. not all but alot.

Comment

First reinstall the game properly and than be a man to tell it still doesn't work. Because 99% of the cases, it's fixed by a simple reinstall. Does that mean the patch is corrupt? Know that means some of your Battlefield 2 files are missing or got corrupted before the installation, think about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X