IO - Peace at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IO - Peace at last

At last bf2 has gotten down to my level.

No longer shall i dread the dark shadows of death from above. No more capping a base only to blasted sky high by my own jet. No more deaded attack choppers doing there dance of death above my head. No more annoying lock on noise.

Now all is peacefull.

All I hear is "medic", "get ammo here" and the occasional patter of grenades falling all around me. That as well as the gunfire. And the sound of people dying.

At last the groundpounders are finally free and unshackled of the plane and chopper whores who have feasted on us for long enough. Now it is our time.

Grounpounders unite!!

Re: IO - Peace at last

I played it once, it was a stalemate on Jalalabad where the MEC guys would try to snipe all the USMC guys coming down the road. No one ever got anywhere.

Comment

I haven't found any of these servers yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
        At last the groundpounders are finally free and unshackled of the plane and chopper whores who have feasted on us for long enough. Now it is our time.

Grounpounders unite!!
        Dammit!
        Lucky bastards.

Comment

In my opinion the prone delay sucks very badly. Now I'm not saying I dolphin dive in pubs or something (why even.. ) but it feels very limited.. Normally you could press z ok then you went prone now it feels retarded.

Comment

I am loving IO.... Nice change of pace.

Comment

Oh I can handle armor and planes, I just like the change of pace in the game. I will still play on non-IO servers more than IO, but IO provides variety, you know, the spice of life.

Comment

Cs:s Fans Rejoice!

Comment

yes it provides a bit of variety, but honestly, BF without vehicles isnt really BF. its CSS on a BF engine.

BF was always about vehicles, the option of taking them out is one of the biggest mistakes EA/Dice have made (up there with releasing patch 1.3 )

Comment

All the tank, plane and helo whores are pissed it's quite funny. You guys go play on YOUR server and we'll go play on OURS. To each his own, I never asked for this IO option but I'm sure glad it's here. Variety is a good thing!

ps: I've never played CS:S and I don't intend to.

Comment

IO might have been alright had DICE decided on a vehicle-lite option instead. This way, all the classes would still be useful and all the maps regardless of size would be playable.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
                        At last bf2 has gotten down to my level.

No longer shall i dread the dark shadows of death from above. No more capping a base only to blasted sky high by my own jet. No more deaded attack choppers doing there dance of death above my head. No more annoying lock on noise.

Now all is peacefull.

All I hear is "medic", "get ammo here" and the occasional patter of grenades falling all around me. That as well as the gunfire. And the sound of people dying.

Grounpounders unite!!
                        Good words.

I love this option as well

Comment

Originally posted by DrJambo
                          IO might have been alright had DICE decided on a vehicle-lite option instead. This way, all the classes would still be useful and all the maps regardless of size would be playable.
                          I agree completely. BF2 without vehicles just feels wrong IMHO and the maps feel too large and "featureless". I tried it in the beta and just seemed to spend all my time walking.

In my perfect BF2 world there would be no arty and no air vehicles. I love armor and APC's, I love playing AT but I hate endless bombing and endless arty.

Of course, the perfect option would be to replace "Infantry Only" with more options so a server could be tailored to specific configs, eg..

1) Disable Planes
                          2) Disable Choppers
                          3) Disable Tanks / APC's
                          4) Disable Jeeps / Buggies

So server owners could pick and choose what they wanted enabled / disabled and maybe some would pick configs that I wanted to play. Anyway, some people are loving IO so at least they're happy.

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
                            In my opinion the prone delay sucks very badly. Now I'm not saying I dolphin dive in pubs or something (why even.. ) but it feels very limited.. Normally you could press z ok then you went prone now it feels retarded.
                            Totally agree, and dolphin diving(or whatever you want to call it) wasn't that bad anyway. What a waste of three months, just to wait for this.

Before I totally give up on this game I'll check out the IO Mode I quess, to see what all the wait was for mostly.

Comment

Could people shut up? It's a fricking game mode for god sake. You can go play on your own servers. Infantry only will atract more people to the BF Franchise yes BF is supposed to be with vehicles I never ever said I hate vehicles, And that I will never play on normal servers again. But it's a fricking game mode who cares?

Comment

Working...
                              X