• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Satisfied with 1.4?

yeah im lovin the new patch ... much smoother. and jalalabad is awesome

Comment

Look, Quokka and Kerosene, dont turn this already cr@p thread into worse by arguing between yourselves. You argument is between opinions so your both right.

I'm going with Kerosene though coz he didnt start the argument

Comment

It seems fine so far but the hit detection still seems a bit crappy.

I'm still seeing the usual swiss-cheese APC's (tow/at rockets pass right through) & tanks just as much if not more than in 1.3.

Even bullets still seem a lot more random than they did prior to 1.3.

Comment

So far it runs like a charm, let's hope it stays that way.

Comment

I thought their main concern was CTD`s and s*** like that? I have played experienceing no problems other than Lag. Until I played for the second time, then "connection has been lost!" What the hell. Thats why I waited months for you to make sure this didnt happen!

Comment

Originally posted by richardaball
              I thought their main concern was CTD`s and s*** like that? I have played experienceing no problems other than Lag. Until I played for the second time, then "connection has been lost!" What the hell. Thats why I waited months for you to make sure this didnt happen!
              AFAIK, those are two seperate issues. CTD (crash to desktop) was happening when people hit the join button. lost connections were due to servers crashing. I dont know if they are directly related within the code, but I don't see why they would be. does the change log explicitly address both issues? (I don't remember it saying so)

Comment

still downloading 2 more hours to go. How big is the patch? this is crazy. I hope for me 1.4 patch is not a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat-Quokka
                  What... so going prone is an exploit now? People have been able to go prone since the game was released. In case you haven't realised, there's a BUTTON for it.
                  Noob.

BS. They are not. You can't shoot while in the air.
                  Noob.

Seeya.
                  Noob.

HAhaha thanks for that, I'm so sick of whining about dolphin divers and bunny hoppers. I've played fps's since Doom and guess what, people have been doing that since we where able to go prone in Day of Defeat. It's not like it's new or a ****ing surprise for christ sake just shut up about it and learn to aim at his feet right away and start hopping around back.

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_
                  how do u dolphin dive in 1.4 my guy wnt do it

Jump and wait for a second before you hit prone. :evil:

Originally posted by jsr
                  Even bullets still seem a lot more random than they did prior to 1.3.

Funny how I thought the oposite especially in regards to the PKM and MG36.

Comment

I'm extremely satisfied with this patch, I can't believe the amount of whinging little b*tches on this site complaining about every single damn thing.

I haven't had a single ctd, no server crashes, game runs smooth and its still a hell of a lot of fun. New map is great too.

It was too long of a wait for this patch, but if you think about how much value you have had for your money, more than a years worth.

Comment

Well it's the same old problems with this community. Dice says it will fix A,B, and C and they generally do (may take them a bit longer than some of us like, but it usualy gets fixed).

The whiners then completely discount the fact that A,B, and C are fixed and start complaining about why wasn't D,E, an F (i.e. their own personal little crusade) fixed.

All in all, 1.4 seems to be a good patch. Game seems much more stable - which was my biggest issue. I can live with everything else - has there ever been a perfect game?

Comment

I'm reasonably satisfied.

For: stability improvements and bug fixes.

Against: almost no change in gameplay, squad hopping still disabled, server browser still not reliable.

Comment

90 - 35.

The silent majority strikes yet again. Put that in your pipe and smoke it you bunch of crybabies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungles
                            squad hopping still disabled
                            Nobody said it would come back.
                            It didn't come back.
                            And it won't come back.

IO is fine but shouldn't be ranked at all.

Comment

I have yet to play on a server that didn't crash. To me this is a 4 month long failure.

Comment

1.3=1.4, gameplay wise, no improvment. the problem is that dice likes to balance with a hammer instead of a chizzle, and then give up when we arent satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                                X