Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to use the verbal taunt?

Originally posted by VT Nerd
    So back on topic, is there or isn't there a taunt in BF2? Obviously we've all read that it's going to be in BF2142, but is there also one in BF2? If so, how do we use it?
    No, just the standard old "Teabagger".

Comment

Originally posted by Crow32
      I know there used to be a taunt option in BFV, where you yelled random things.

... and how did you do it?

Comment

That was back when you used the F1-F12 buttons to communicate, so it probably won't be the same in BF2

Comment

Yeah sound files are in there.

taunt1 taunt2 taunt3

... are they new?

Last Modified: 7/20/06 2:26 PM

Comment

Yes they are new. (I made copy before installed 1.4)

Comment

I see the files too. You'd figure EA would give us a heads up on how to use them.

Comment

I don't understand why this thread was moved but the files themselves are grouped around other automatic files like the promotion sound effect and the wrench sound.

I can only speculate that if someone knifes you, or shock paddles you, you'll here the laugh

Comment

That sounds like logic at work .

Comment

Originally posted by ~SOM~Soldat

I can only speculate that if someone knifes you, or shock paddles you, you'll here the laugh
                    Nope, i did both to check and nothing.

Comment

I heard this so-called 'Evil Laugh' during a couple Jalalabad IO rounds last night. How!?

Comment

Maybe the taunt is automatic?

Comment

The taunts can be found in the Common_clients.zip with a lot of other automatic sound effects like the wrench effect, so it may be automatic

Comment

Originally posted by ~SOM~Soldat
                            Well I've heard the taunt several times and I wasn't even dead much less paddled.

Here we go boys...

EA Support wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your response. After further review of the new verbal taunt for Battlefield 2, I can inform you of the following. This informaiton will later be posted on the official website.

The verbal taunt is activated by “spotting” an enemy player who is in a “man down” state (ie dead or critically wounded). The rules for how often it can be used are governed by the servers radio spam settings in the same manner as all player messages.

In order to use the taunt you must have registered for the veterancy program, and have both BF2 and 2142 installed. The actual taunt is a random selection of one of three possible sounds.

I apologize for not being able to give you this information in the previous e-mail. Let me know if you have other questions.

Regards,

EA Rep Kalag
                            Player Relations
                            Electronic Arts

I would assume that since players are already using the taunt that BF2142 Beta classifies as having "2142" installed as above.

Comment

I heard the laughter yesterday. Im not shure if it was me or the guy next to me.
                              I was just spottin' a dead enemy right before my feet. Then I heard the laughter. But there was a guy next to me. So Im not shure if it is was me or him.
                              Have no BF2142 installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X