FPS before and after 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS before and after 1.3

I accidently captured this screenshot long ago, look at my FPS plus I think I only had 1 gig of ram, ignore the convo, nothing interesting

now look at here, just captured it a minute ago, Im alone in the server and I have 2 gigs of ram at the moment, compare the frame rates, if I start moving it will go down to 40s

anyone elses fps dropped down by alot?

Re: FPS before and after 1.3

Yep the 1.3 patch/SF patch screwed my FPS. I used to run 1280x1024 4xAA/4xAF everything on Highest with constant 50+ FPS. Now im down to 1280x1024 2xAA/4xAF Everything medium except geometries which is at high. FPS often dips below the 30's and usually averages about 30~40.

But the fact that the second screenshot has exactly 60FPS makes me think you might have V-Sync on?

My specs:
    AMD 64+ 3200 Venice @ 2.4Ghz (3800+ Speeds)
    1.5GB DDR400 Kingston
    200GB IDE Seagate
    256MB Gigabyte 6800 GS @ 485/1100 (Stock: 425/1000)
    MSI K8N Neo 4F.

Comment

yeah, check your vsync.

But the patch when SF came out killed my FPS too

Comment

whats the command to get fps to show?

Comment

Originally posted by jameslcross
          whats the command to get fps to show?
          renderer.drawfps 1

Or you can use FRAPS (Google it).

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza
            renderer.drawfps 1

Or you can use FRAPS (Google it).
            Cheers!

Comment

When I did a reformat about 2 months ago and I installed bf2 it ran SO smooth and maxed out my fps to like 90ish, now I get about 40 MAYBE 50 if there is an average high latency.

****ty :hmm:

Comment

hmmm,

on my configuration below, i have not high fps on 1152/865 all high 4xAA, and when i bought SF was worse . probably its 1.3 fault but i dont know.

i think my processor is too weak for this game

but i saw some tests on worse configurations and there was better fps than mine , so when i bought my parts, i was little dissapointed couse i expected very smooth gaming, damn

Comment

i use to be able to play medium textures/effects with some lag but still somewhat smooth but then afterwards..it got too stuttery so i had to go on all low

Comment

Feel Lucky, running a 3.2 with a gig of ram and a 9800pro....getting between 9 and 15 fps. Its like watching a slide show.

Comment

Kenny, you really should be getting around 30fps with a 9800. Try defragging. Your fps sounds too low for that setup.

edit: as long as you run on low...the 9800 can run low with view distance and geometry at 100% with decent fps

Comment

I start out at around 30-40, then it just drops down to less than 15. I swear its like I got a program running in the background but as far as I know I have everything shut down. I even got a spyware program (spyware Doctor) just to see if I had something bad causing me problems, But even with a clean puter getting crappy fps.

Comment

Dude your resolution NOT the same! LOL its a lot lower in the first pic????800x600...Maybe 1024X768 in the sec...

That willl a diff in you fps....

Comment

Originally posted by shiftymoves
                            Dude your resolution NOT the same! LOL its a lot lower in the first pic????800x600...Maybe 1024X768 in the sec...

That willl a diff in you fps....
                            nahh, both running at 1280x1024

Comment

Every patch has dropped FPS a bit since 1.01. This patch is just as bad as 1.3: Laggy, stuttery, and low FPS, compared to butter-smooth original bf2.

The bf2 engine is just too f*cked up to handle it, on top of the crappy patches that are released.

Comment

Working...
                              X