Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 105 days of CTDS

Originally posted by jerryhopper
    1/3 of a year.... lol! And we call EA stupid?!.... wtf are we doing here? *sarcasm*
    Good point Jerry. I wouldn't be here if either Quake Wars, Armed Assualt, Unreal Tournament 2007 or Team Fortress 2 was coming out this year, but they've all been delayed til next year! Damn it!

Comment

Here, here. I couldn't agree more with your comments guys.

EA/Dice are very slow and disorganised in their support. But I can't help feeling that the whole ranking system is mostly to blame. I'm sure I read somewhere that 1.3 was partly a response to known hacks in ranked servers. Therefore we couldn't switch back to the old patch.

If you don't give a damn about stats (like me) then try one of the mods. POE2 for instance, is really good - and guess what? - it's absolutely free. Yes free.

I've given up on BF2v because of all the CTD/Server crashes. But Playing POE2 I've yet to have a problem.

Thanks God for the mod community. Games by fans for real gamers.

Peace Out EA. (BF2142 anyone :evil: )

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty bored by this now. I've not really though about this but I've hardly played Bf2 in the last few weeks. When I do try I'll generally get a round or two before I get a disconnect, very rarely more than 4 or 5 so I just don't bother and I play other stuff instead.

I swear, if something similar was out (QW, etc) I'd drop BF2 like a shot.

I'd really love to know what EA are up to. It's been ages since 1.4 beta 2 was released, they've had a ton of time to get it sorted. IMHO, they're just going about it the wrong way. 1.3 introduced consistant server and client crashes - forget new maps, forget tuning, forget new features just drop everything, get it fixed and release a hotfix.

I'd love to know the reason 1.4 is consistantly delayed. We'd bloody well better not be waiting for a new "feature" or something equally irrelevant.

I'm bored of BF2 not working
        I'm bored of EA not listening to us
        I'm bored of EA trying to sell us 2142 when BF2 doesn't even work
        I'm bored of being treated like s**t be EA

Comment

Originally posted by G|z
          In those 105 days, i recall crashing to desktop...

about 3 times...
          You obviously never play BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle
            Good point Jerry. I wouldn't be here if either Quake Wars, Armed Assualt, Unreal Tournament 2007 or Team Fortress 2 was coming out this year, but they've all been delayed til next year! Damn it!
            I switched to PoE2 and only problems I have had are those connection lost problems that happens maybe twice a week and are most probably caused by line disturbances.

By the way, for those of you who plays PoE2, try Frontline game mode. I tested it yesterday, and I have to say; Most intense fights ever
            It's like fighting on Karkand hotel flag all the time.

Comment

It took them 106 days for 1 patch

Comment

Working...
              X