X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 105 days of CTDS

Originally posted by zuiquan1
    ooh maybe EA will release an announcement on there 200th day anniversery

hmm, lol what day would that be, what month?
    that would be December 7th if I did my math corectly. Pearl harbor day

Comment

Originally posted by Dibbly
      Hmm anybody thought that EA have planned this???? forums full of post of people not playing untill 1.4, people playing Mods such as POE2 in there masses turning away from BF2

CHING CHING $$$$££££$$$$$ Hail the communitys great saviour EA brings you Drum roll.......... 2142 HOORAYYYYYYYyyyyyyyy get your plastic out

I DONT THINK SO :evil:

No that makes no sense. Many people are so pissed at EA for not fixing the buggy BF2 that they don't want any part of 2142.

I don't mind a few bugs and annoyances, but when it comes to 50 percent of the time I either CTD or get a connection drop in the middle of a game, it really makes me want to just quit playnig.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
        from what i have heard there is supposed to be an announcement on the 7th
        No its the 5th of sept

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
          No its the 5th of sept
          source? proof?

Comment

There is life outside BF2....Ea gave up on us, So give up on EA!!!!!

Comment

1/3 of a year.... lol! And we call EA stupid?!.... wtf are we doing here? *sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
                from what i have heard there is supposed to be an announcement on the 7th

Thats nice but really its all a joke. I get a CTD several times a day, and sometimes I actually need to re-boot my computer to end the cycle. The CTD was a bug introduced in the last patch (along with the server crash), and letting it go on for this long shows that EA has distroyed whatever reputation Dice had. EA could have released a patch to fix these bugs a long time ago but chose to make us all wait....forever. The 1.4 patch will likely fix these issues, but we have to wait because they are adding more crap. This "crap" will likely result in even more (new) bugs and we will start all over again.

I just had to do a fresh install from scratch (1 hr/ 45 min) because all-of-a-sudden the game refuesed to launch, and I just get a black screen. I played this morning, come back after lunch and walla....game broken. EA/Dice need to get their collective "ACT" together, otherwise someone else is going to come along and release a simular game (without all these issues) and we will all be gone fore good!

No that makes no sense. Many people are so pissed at EA for not fixing the buggy BF2 that they don't want any part of 2142.

I don't mind a few bugs and annoyances, but when it comes to 50 percent of the time I either CTD or get a connection drop in the middle of a game, it really makes me want to just quit playnig.
                I agree 100%

I WILL NOT purchase 2142 as a direct result of the lack of proper support with BF2. It seems the mangement at EA/Dice could figure this out but I guess they don't. I strongly believe 2142 will flop anyway because it sure looks like a quick $$$buck$$$ (like BF Vietnam was). The whole thing is rather sad if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                  I just relezied its been 105 days since patch 1.3. Usally most developers release a hotfix for problems like this within days. DICE had fixed the problem in the beta (released about two months ago) and never released a hotfix even though they already fixed the problem.

days of CTDS= 105 and counting
                  I sure hope there is a release this week! The CTD and Server side crashs are getting old. We have some members that cannot even play.

The life of a BF2 junkie.. (waiting for the next patch)...

Comment

I've grown to live with the CTDS. It's the server crashes that piss me off. You work your arse off to get 100-200 points in a round, 5 tickets left and the server crashes, puff all gone. Sort it out DICE!!!!

Comment

im getting more than a lil peeeed off with the CTDs .:wall:
                      exp.m8 joins you on TS "hey man what sever you on "
                      "why im on ********* sever heres the ip.
                      "right il join it now""gr8 lets get a few games in"
                      "you get in " "yes il be in anytime now" " nice one man "
                      "its a good sever im doing well ,il form a Sq when you get in"
                      "AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! CCCRRRRAAAAPPPPP"
                      "sorry man what was that ,didnt get ya what with the art and all"
                      "DAMN THING CRASHED " " AH MAN THAT SUCKS"
                      "TO RIGHT MAN" "well try again better luck this time"
                      "ok man god that pisses me off""i know happened me twice today already"
                      "ok its loadiong god this better work"
                      "AAAHHHHH S*** CRASHED AGAIN"
                      "ah man lol jes you have no luck "
                      " ok one more try and thats it im of to play another game"
                      "keep trying man its a gr8 sever " " ok ok "
                      lil later " S%$£ SAME THING DAMN THIS CTD"
                      and so on untill you get in or pissed off ,one of the 2.
                      :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
                      btw i wont be getting BF2142.
                      man BF2 dont even work why would it and besides it dont look that gr8 to me.
                      as for game play i wouldnt get my hopes up .
                      now dont get me wrong it may well be good .
                      but i just cant see it beeing any better than the expan packs or mods out at the mo .
                      for anybody thats pre ordered it id like to think its going to be gr8.
                      if you havent id say just wait and see cus if it isnt we will find out pretty fast .

Comment

I'm really sick of it!
                        There is no day without CTD or Server Crash.

Here in this forum we're talking about the problems we are having with the client V1.3. But there are a lot more bugs than ppl know.

We have massive problems with our server.

- we can't save a custom profile than the default
                        - crashes, crashes, crashes --> depending on an RCON problem
                        - can't get maps of vanilla, EF, AF in one cycle (without a trick..)
                        - and so on

Don't wan't to list all of the server-sided bugs and problems,
                        'cause I don't wan't to spend more time on this.
                        We recognized that our unranked server runs more stable than the ranked.

105 days are a shame for EA!

Comment

Originally posted by G|z
                          In those 105 days, i recall crashing to desktop...
                          about 3 times...
                          Half your luck.

CTD... Hmmm... 100+?
                          Server Crash... Hmmm... 75+?
                          Blue-Screen-Of-Death... Hmm... 50+?

I had two CTD's and two Server Crashes last night alone. The CTD's happened in the middle of a clan match. I've had times where I've had four or five server crashes in a row.

With those kinds of numbers, it's hard to know for sure. But it would have to be at least that.

Comment

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Would'nt it be nice to get even 1 update to bf2 every 1-2 months? If you look at that list the last four or five months have been mostly for other games coming to steam but if you look back a few months and see how many bug fix updates and content updates (new maps, new player models, new weapons) for a bunch of different games it really makes DICE or EA or whoever look really bad. If Valve can keep a giant list of games updated with new content FOR FREE while fixing any bugs they find along the way FOR FREE then why cant DICE or EA?

Comment

I'm lucky i guess...i CTD very rarely. But as for server crashes its seem to be getting worse a server crashed, then reloaded Mashtuur which crashed again...switched servers and then that crashed...i get 2 server crashes every night and i only play 1.5 hrs,,,no wonder its taken me forever to get to 50K.....and whats with the silence from EA/DICE on the patch.....it just ****s me the way they forgo common decency. i dont mind as long as i'm kept informed of the situation instead of just a big NOTHING...Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
                                No its the 5th of sept
                                Nothing more than

Nothing more...

Comment

Working...
                                X