POE2 and the hype it caused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POE2 and the hype it caused

The POE2 mod caused quite a Hype on this site, i have'nt played the mod yet, but to be quite honest it does'nt look fanominally great, compared to other mods ive seen and played, USI still looks better than most, i may be wrong but...

What does everyone else think on this matter.

Re: POE2 and the hype it caused

i played it.. i didnt like it to much.. i perfer the normal bf2 gameplay..

Comment

personally I think it brings out the worst of Battlefield gameplay
      BF2 for all its flaws is a much more satisfying game

I'd advise you try it first - it would be very difficult to get a clear message between the hype merchants and the real players
      You might like it - you might not

Comment

I tried POE2 and to tell you honestly, I didn't like it, uninstalled it the next day.

Comment

i do like it, especially the FRONTLINE mode, you can have some really intense battle, being mostly armour or infantry, map depending, the maps are pretty good, and it does make a change from the same ol' BF2 maps all the time, however i don't think it is anywhere near as good as ther original POE, except the heli's are easier to fly

Comment

I love it. It's a great mod, more team work, no claywhores no bunny hoppers (only saw one last night)... loads of team work, everyone works together (if you do do go lonewolf, you will die fast).

Guns are great. It's a fantastic mod.

At first I was unsure myself about it, but you need to get used to it, it is a bit different to BF2.

You need to be careful, you don't go running blindfolded into the battlefield like you do on Karkand and just spam the place with anything and everything. If you do not THINK on this mod, you die fast.

On maps like Fallen, you have to keep your eyes wide open, or you will loose.

No UAV, no Scanns, fantastic! You don't rely on UAV, you rely on yourself and others around you (spotting the enemy when you see it).

Comment

i played it for 2 days and got bored of it and went back to playin' vanilla. i didn't like the guns and the maps were horrible in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                personally I think it brings out the worst of Battlefield gameplay
                Teamwork Squad Play?

Comment

I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be, I was addicted to PoE for BF:V.

Originally posted by xXMM***x
                  Teamwork Squad Play?
                  Yeah right, if you say so..

Comment

I like it a lot. Actually I still haven't played even a single round of vBF2 nor EF, SF or AF. I do like originals a lot but there are things on PoE2 that keeps me satisied and amused during playing.

Most of all when I point my gun to enemy and pull the trigger I can rely on the fact that bullets go straight within reason. Full auto tends to rise the barrel but that' how it works in real life. No focking cone of the fire or other shait! I especially love those pumps shotguns;they really are one shot kill machines within range.
                    Tanks are better and love the idea of anti-infantry shots and anti-tank shots. Most of all, the buildings are buildings and you can go inside and make an ambush.

Planes are ok, only those air-to-air missiles could be more accurate. Only thing that is a bit overpowered in the air is Su-25 Frogfoot. There are 4 bombs, over 30 rockets and hell of a kind cannon. You can understand why Frogfoot is my favorite :laugh:

Anti air guns are spectacular, you better not fly slow or low near those fellows.

How about helos then? No TV, that's sad, I like to use those, but there are rockets, 64 rockets on the Hind . There are air-to-air missiles and air-to-ground missiles and cannon. You can say that you really can defend yourself.

All in all good game if you love fighting with hardware. Splendid game for snipers, antitankers and engies.

A couple of maps for infantry action, Fallen will be classic. No hardware just infantry, thick vegetation and a mist. There is a map that measures who is fast and accurate.

Comment

I like PoE a lot and cant see myself every playing vbf2 again, the maps are well layed out and a lot of fun to play you get some good fights over flags, the little extras make it fun like the diffrent ammo types for tanks and not alot of that silly nad spamming and people die a lot more when i point and click unlike vbf2. I was getting annoyed with vbf2 and all its faults crashing, people not dieing, the lack of team work PoE is like a breath of freash air i really enjoy it

and to the opening post, I think when running this mod looks great and its all new stuff unlike most other mods where things are pritty much the same or just conversions of the old vehicles, I like the look of it more then vbf2 I mean there are some things like the inside views of some vehicles that dont look "great" imo but its all new and looking great

Originally posted by Apostle
                      --TEAM PLAY--
                      Yeah right, if you say so..
                      well ive found that squads are more willing to stay together and work together then ever in vbf2

Comment

Originally posted by RepT|LE
                        The POE2 mod caused quite a Hype on this site, i have'nt played the mod yet, but to be quite honest it does'nt look fanominally great, compared to other mods ive seen and played
                        Your right the PoE2 mod caused a lot of hype on TBF2, I think that was due to the thirst for some new content maps, vehicles and so forth by the gamers that were growing tired of the same stale gameplay, smacktards and lack of teamwork.

Personally I'm very happy with PoE2, it certainly is a breath of fresh air. In vBF2 I was a ground pounder through and through in PoE2 I had to learn a different style, I had to adjust for the first ~10 hours I couldn't see the obsession with it until I had adjusted to the more vehicle based style.

There was a lot of hype around PoE2 I agree, some of it warranted.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. We appreciate all of your support. We understand we wont please everyone, we just hope that ya'll give our 14 months of development a chance before you write it off. There are 13 maps and three different gamemodes, I hope that people who uninstalled at least played a few of those maps/modes.

We are already hard at work on a patch for the issues that people have brought to our attention, and many of us are already working hard on content for future versions of the mod (this is definatly not our last release).

Not really sure what to say about the 'hype', we definatly have worked hard to tell as many people as possible about what we are doing. Sorry if that turned some people off.

Comment

Its a great mod and it will get better, i love it to bits.:rock:

Comment

Originally posted by jilted
                              Not really sure what to say about the 'hype', we definatly have worked hard to tell as many people as possible about what we are doing. Sorry if that turned some people off.
                              Personally I was referring to some of the TBF2 forum members hailing it as the death of vBF2, that the vBF2 community would half in size. That was what I was talking about, the OP may be talking about something else.

Originally posted by jilted
                              We are already hard at work on a patch for the issues that people have brought to our attention, and many of us are already working hard on content for future versions of the mod (this is definatly not our last release).
                              I know that this isn't your last release, but as a piece of advice, in the hind-sight with a fair few people thinking that this release was the full content and that the only patches would be fixing things.

You (PoE2 team) might have been better off not called this version 1.0.0 maybe something like 0.9? I know the game is pretty much finished but it might have been a decent idea to avoid the confusion

I hope I don't sound critical, I love PoE2 as it is and I'm very much looking forward to more content and hundreds of hours of fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X