getin very frustated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getin very frustated

had the game about a week now and everytime i play a round i end up dying 20+ times with maybe 5 or 6 kills to my name. the problem almost always occurs in those situations where u encounter an enemy, face to face and by surprise. 9 times outa 10 we'l be shootin at each other and i die. hence im really am getin a bit sick of it.

i assume 1 of 2 things are hapnin.

1- the servers are riddled with cheats
    2- my ping rate is to high

its always around the 100 mark. could this be why i almost always come of 2nd best? how do i lower it?

i have an 8mb connection and have virus checker and firewall turned of when i play

thanx in advance

Re: getin very frustated

no, its just skill, and you have no weapon unlocks yet. i used to never win face to face battles either, dont blame it on cheats

Comment

yeah just get practising you will soon get better

Comment

It's really like anything else.....the first time you shot a basketball....did it go in? Same with BF2....you're going to miss, and miss a lot. But it's all really an individual trial and error process. then you get to be a first sergeant and STILL miss from time to time.

Comment

guns are pretty realistic in this game, in that if you fire away full auto you will most likely die quick without registering a single shot, learn burst fire for ALL guns, you will kill alot more when you realise your getting worked because of rifle deviation, single shot at distance and quick 2 or 3 round bursts, bind a mouse button to single shot as well, learn the maps, learn to come up around people and unload into their back, nothin wrong with that ^-^, if uav is up, use it like it was your job. dont run into the open gunz blazin, even if you kill the guy in front of you, u can be sure there is another 1 or 2 guys around ready to finish you off, which works out to 1.0 kd at best. the most important aspect of good inf combat in this game is BE AWARE of your surrounding at all times, if you are capping a flag, dont just lie prone near it, (you are such an easy target you have no idea) instead run around the radius looking everywhere all the time, KEEP moving, you are a much harder target when you are moving, and if someone sees you at least you wont be dead before you have a chance to fight back. learn when to use burst and when not too, , nothing like trying to run for cover only to be out of burst and get blown away. people are alot easier to kill when they down see you, learn to use teamates to your advantage, i know it sucks but it can mean the difference between turning a flag or getting wiped out, what i mean by that is, let your teamate be a target before you, so the enemy is focused on trying to kill him, then waste the enemy from the side or behind, then run up and rez him if he dies and you are medic. the most important thing, surroundings, second is reflexes. i could ad more but my fingers hurt :{

Comment

Tonedog, take into consideration the amount of time you have put into this game. Now take into consideration that other people have been playing this game since the day it was released, plus the experience of the demo. You stated you have only been playing this game a week. Think about that for a minute...

These people know the maps, the limitations on vehicles and weapons, where to hide, how to plant explosives, etc. I'm willing to bet that 75% of the BF2 gamers have never cheated, the rest, well I would be inclined to believe you. Some poeple do cheat, I am not saying they don't. I have some degree of faith in the average gamer and tend to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are playing legit.

As far as unlocks are concerned, I think the only real advantageous unlocks are the DAO 12 (Anti Tank), and maybe the PKM (Support). I almost always exclusively use the standard weapons and I have a decent success rate with them. I still do not agree that the unlocks provide any real special advantage to the individual. It's a matter of preference. If you are used to using one gun from a specific class you might not be so inclined to use the others.

Post your system specs and we can have a look to see if we can figure out the root of your problem.

Comment

dont worry.. i am a gunnery sargeant... around 5 ranks in, and i am still bad at playing, i was confident that from playing CS that BF2 would be easy, no way... its a totally different [laying style... u'll get used to it, play on unranked servers and get used to how people play, then kick some a$$ on the ranked ones!

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

on another note, i evened up my kill to death ratio at 20k kills, i was a horrible player until then, but i took what i said previously and used it to my advantage, since i evened to 1.0kd i have 26k kills to 9k deaths

Comment

i realise im not gonna be as good as most players when it comes to sniping, tactics etc. its when we both appear to fire at the same time law of averages would suggest that sometimes il get him and sometimes hel get me but as i say 9 times outa 10 im the one who dies which makes me think lag/ping rate could be the cause. the last server i was in i had a ping of 100 compared the rest who were all 20-50.

athlon 2800mhz
                  1gb ram
                  ati radeon 256mb 9600pro

Comment

[QUOTE=tonedog1]i realise im not gonna be as good as most players when it comes to sniping, tactics etc. its when we both appear to fire at the same time law of averages would suggest that sometimes il get him and sometimes hel get me but as i say 9 times outa 10 im the one who dies which makes me think lag/ping rate could be the cause. the last server i was in i had a ping of 100 compared the rest who were all 20-50.

did you read my first post? it should explain alot, if you open fire on a guy full auto and hes using quick bursts or single shots then laws (in BF2) mean he will kick your ***. are u standing whilst shooting? do u jump to prone, after awhile of playing you get better reflexes as well.

Comment

i used to be in the same boat. keep at it, and the best of luck to ya.

Comment

Another approach is to try and employ different tactics. The close-quarters-battle dynamics of BF2 is very much like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament...which is why you see dolphin-diving and jumping almost always.

You will probably continue to lose those "surprise" engagements up close, because however much you practice, the players who wax you now, will keep playing and always be 100's of hours ahead of you. Sure, you can improve your odds, but the trend will be the same. However, practicing will eventually increase your odds significantly against those who then are newer than you, play fewer hours or have worse connections.

As an alternative, you can try another play-style where you wait more instead of pushing forward. You can also use the assault-kit and keep the grenade-launcher ready when you advance and shoot at their feet. It will increase your odds...similarly you can try the Anti Tank kit and keep the rocket-launcher ready when you advance.

BF2 has horrible dynamics - often a very superior position (higher ground, hidden with small profile, prone and with the element of surprise all at the same time) will not give you the kill that you really should be guaranteed. This is because, in all their wisdom, the developers made the small-arms a lot worse than their real-life equivalents. They also gave every soldier the Godlike power to move without inertia - they can go from a standstill to max speed and back again, instantly. At the same time they can go prone instantly and jump and turn in mid-air. They can also jump so high that their feet will clear your head when you stand up. All these things contribute to the rather "fantastic" nature of infantry-combat in the game. Due to the weapons inherent inaccuracy and the 250m max draw-distance, all combat takes place up close.

These objective shortcomings of the game-design may ultimately turn you off. You spend time to get position, go prone with your 100round light machinegun, laying down in concealment. Some enemy walks by you, 20 feet below and 30 feet away - you open fire, fully expecting to have all your tactical advantage pay off with a kill..he jumps, turns around and shoot from the hip, hitting you in the head. This, of course, is AFTER you've put 3 ineffective bullets in his legs and chest.

This is the nature of the game you have bought - it can be fun if you can learn to ignore that and start playing like everyone else..

Cheers :-)

Comment

just get used to the controls, u'll pick it up, try out single player to get used to maps and controls

Comment

I was a horrid player until 15-20 thousand points. Don't worry chum, it takes alot of practice to get good at this game. Stick with it, it's REALLY enjoyable.

Comment

make sure u use ure own key settings, the default settings, IS DEFAULT SETTINGS lol

if u have a multi button mouse, take advantage of the multibutton uberness...
                              BUT DONT COMBINE KEYS AND MAKE IT INTO MACROS!

and one word u'll hear for anything... PRACTICE!

If i am looking at the right stats (i.e. ure game name is tonedog1), u need more spec ops time, spec ops is a GREAT kit.

and u seem to love support... btw, u havent touched the knife at all!!!
                              CQC = knives, or auto weapons
                              pull out your knife and slash and dash!

Comment

Working...
                              X