This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unbelievable EA..

The numbers under the Played column DO NOT mean that is the number of times you have played in that server, nor the amount of minutes.

It is useless and no one knows what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SuperTyphoon
      The numbers under the Played column DO NOT mean that is the number of times you have played in that server, nor the amount of minutes.

Just like the Play Online now shortcut, the Play Now button, and the in-game server browser.

Comment

Visiting a server with a bad name, i.e. knife and pistol, isn't necessarily evidences that could lead to a stat wipe. There are plenty of servers with bad names where normal gameplay is followed. I am pretty sure EA requires more proof that the gameplay standards were violated, e.g. screenshots, statistical anomolies, reports, etc. Safest bet is to simply avoid these servers. That said, it sounds like you were kicked out of a private forum as opposed to threatened with a stat wipe. Also note the loud and strong pronouncements of innocense are the fuel for the real sleuths to go digging for more information...

Comment

Where did indian scout go?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SuperTyphoon

I`ll second that, I have 600 something for one of the servers I have in the list, and I do play on that one alot, but 600 something!?! I don`t think so ...

Comment

Originally posted by ROE|IndianScout
              I could see you complaining about the auto join feature putting you in a KP 1 time, but if you notice on your screen shot, you've played on it 5 times
              and the other KP 2 times.

so your gripe is not completely founded..
              Of all the people, you should know that this is incorrect. I thought you guys had massive logs of every server someone has played in the last several days/weeks.

I play at Insomnia 95% of the time, and every now and then, I stray off to play something different (EF or SF). Now, in my bookmarked list, is shows Insomnia Wake. I hate Wake, but is says I have been there several hundred times.

Now, let me continue on, that this guy needs to have some slack. If I did not have a few specific servers that I liked most, and the ping times were better in the randomness of "play now", I would use it.

Passing judgement by looking at raw data will be one of the greatest challenges civilization is going to face in the 21st Century. It is dangerous practice saying someone did something because a computer said they did, when there was no real witness or a human being double-checking.

I would expect if someone was going to accuse me of K/P, the better ****ing have a screen shot and a BR recording of me with my blade out. These secret courts that EA uses to convict people are no more justified in their practice as the way secret courts in the USSR would pass judgements.

We don't know the process, and we are never shown the logs. The simple minded way of saying "ignorence is no..." additude is BS. ROE! are you listening to me, you need to advocate stronger for your cause. I agree fully that we must have some level of playing, but you guys do not advertise this, nor are we ever hearing about your fights with EA to get a link on the BF advertisement pop-up.

The only people that know about this information are the hardcore kids that go to the forums. Jesus, I just went to BF2's offical website and your little rule book is not even there! And you want to kill people's accounts for this stuff?

Again, I am on your side ROE, though I am arguing about what you guys are doing wrong. Help yourselves out here. Because you lose creditibity in my book because of this kind of grey area and not publishing clear examples of what is wrong. You guys still have not cleared up what is a High Point Server, and it has been two months!

Comment

QUICK EVERY BODY DO THIS cmd bf2onlinenow!.exe
                =D LEts do it

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                  If I understand you correctly, you really have nothing to complain about since the cause of your initial problem is user error. You are clicking the wrong icon to start BF2. On the other hand, 90% of poeple already know this and do not have this problem. If you were playing in KP servers are are conveniently using the excuse of, "It's automatically sends me there and I don't know how to press escape and use the server browser because it owns me every time", that is unbelieveable.
                  You have 2 icons for BF2:

BF2 <---use this one
                  Play BF2 Online Now! <---delete this one
                  Revoluti0n wait I had this one.. I clicked on my BF2.Exe and it opened came into login screen logged in. Didn't pressed anything, and it auto-joined to a server?

I was like wtf? Even more bugs & glitches in this game? :laugh:

I don't have it anymore but I've had it I don't know if this is the same case but it sure is weird..

Comment

I would say that an awful lot of BF2 players are casual players that don't spend their days on TBF2. If I didn't come to this forum, I wouldn't even know there was an ROE. I would probably play the KP servers sometimes because I bought the game to have fun, not to be limited by some rules to make sure people don't get better stats. That's one thing I liked about CS, you could join a server that was modded and it would auto download maps. None of this you can't play KP because then you might get more points per round then I do raping the carrier in my J10.

Do people in k/p even really get more points? I thought the rounds just lasted longer so they got more points per round, but ended up with about the same points they'd have in a regular server in the same amount of time. Is the best round score that important?

/rant

Comment

The reason I post this is because the leaders of this community and ROE should understand that this system is NOT perfect. It has flaws, and they need to aknowledge these flaws. And they need to make exceptions where the players is not responsible, and they need to understand the game better. I am supprised that ADMINS of this forum and ADMINS of ROE make these simple mistakes, like relying on the # of times played to make theri descision.

I am a server owner and ran legitamate ranked server for over half a year, and anyone here can get into this mess with ROE and BF2.

Comment

I didnt take my all info from your screen shot,,

and I stand by my decision..

Indian

Comment

I think the auto join problem can be fixed in your preferences. The default settings usually force this to happen. I keep my disc in the tray and I use the shortcut button for BF2 and never get the autojoin issue. I can't remember what all I "unclicked" when I last re-installed the game, but I do know that I made changes that were contra to the defaults. I know for a fact that I disengaged the auto-ready feature in the browser screen.

Comment

Originally posted by ROE|IndianScout
                            I could see you complaining about the auto join feature putting you in a KP 1 time, but if you notice on your screen shot, you've played on it 5 times
                            and the other KP 2 times.
                            Precisely. The OP is trying to back his way out of his own error.

Comment

Working...
                            X