• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What rank were you when you..

Been an FPSer since Doom1.
    Doom2
    Half-Life 1 & 2 and etc...

I think I could handle BF2 on the first day!

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
      lmao your serious about that? "Pro"? Isn't that a bit arrogant?

Well w/e I had a 0.8 K/D when I started playing and now I have around 3-2 in rounds but I don't play ranked anymore.. Not much teamwork.
      I go with that! Teamwork is vital to win the game! Teamwork > Spawn Camping/Stats

Comment

I'm not a big stats person by any stretch of the imagination but in gerneral way K/D, and win/lose are two I had initially hoped would improve. Or at least get above .500 as the O.P has mentioned.

Then I started squad leading a lot, and to do it right (IMO) gives you little chance at postitive numbers consistantly.

You just get so few kills there's no room to try and make the effort to get better numbers, and no motivation to do so either. Staying alive and hidden means avoiding confrontation.

So watching K/D just didn't mean anything, as it probably didn't to begin with.

Comment

I have like a 6. something ratio on one of my accounts its at like 800 points, Played 70% Zatar, 29% Sharqi and 1% SF map. I'll probly play SF more on it though. On another account I have over 1000 points, a 4. something k/d ratio. Favorite map on it is Mashtuur.

On my normal account a 1.79 K/D ratio. Started off with 0.80 or something, got killed by vehicles so much, but then I learned to use vehicles, and get better at infantry.

Comment

i must be really crap at this game....i dont think i'll ever get to positive points

.....ps...i rule the hungry hungry hippo board though :P

Comment

after the patch that nurfed shooting the grenade launcher while jumping.

Comment

My K/D was horrible until I got to Corporal (currently a Sergeant).

But it's still not consistent. On a good day, I can get 2/1, but on bad days it can be like 1/3.

I play Assault/AT by the way, mostly pounding the ground.

Comment

Lance Cor
                  also, before BF2 I played UT2004 (got my sniping skills from the UT Seires)
                  Also other games like Red Factor, DOOM 3, Quake 2 and 3, and etc.

Comment

The rank after Private . Really it's an easy game to play once you have the appropriate hardware and experience.

Comment

To be honest, I've been playing FPS games since Quake 2 and while playing this game... I don't think I've ever been less than 1:1. I dunno. If you look at my place medals... I do alright.

Comment

I think right around cpl....and it's been rising ever since .

Comment

I've always had more kills, but I've played every BF title from release dates. But I really don't care about k/dr, I either Rambo or defend mostly.

Comment

You guys still crack me up! Ive played rounds with some of you and a lot of you guys go run and hide when the armor or aircraft come along. Like you gotta protect that stat you have. I have around one thousand hours and still have a KDR of about Point seven. Yes thats right .7 and thats because I will go kill that armor or what ever is needed. Even if it takes 3 tries. I bet you remember me now. Im the guy who puts those AT mines behind your armor while you are doing a flag cap or draws your attention while my squad mate puts C-4 on you. Yes I will take on 3 enemy troops by myself because I sometimes kill you all so there. Now go off and protect your silly stats and let a Man do the hard work here. (This post was caused by haveing to do defense and flag capping by myself while the other 20 people were missing in action) . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                              ve played rounds with some of you and a lot of you guys go run and hide when the armor or aircraft come along. Like you gotta protect that stat you have.
                              Or maybe they're one of the 80% of players who aren't Spec-Ops or AT...

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                                You guys still crack me up! Ive played rounds with some of you and a lot of you guys go run and hide when the armor or aircraft come along. Like you gotta protect that stat you have. I have around one thousand hours and still have a KDR of about Point seven. Yes thats right .7 and thats because I will go kill that armor or what ever is needed. Even if it takes 3 tries. I bet you remember me now. Im the guy who puts those AT mines behind your armor while you are doing a flag cap or draws your attention while my squad mate puts C-4 on you. Yes I will take on 3 enemy troops by myself because I sometimes kill you all so there. Now go off and protect your silly stats and let a Man do the hard work here. (This post was caused by haveing to do defense and flag capping by myself while the other 20 people were missing in action) . . . . . .Red
                                Suicidal is rarely a big help to your team, well at least you could be a much bigger help by being just a little bit more conservative. I'm also someone who tries to take out armour even if I get killed mulitple times but that doesn't mean you need to take stupid risks. Although I do share your frustrations about the entire team seemingly being MIA. I was on a sharqi server last night where the squad I was in were the only players that capped any flags. Aside from our squad and our teams attack chopper gunner the other 11 players (EDIT: They were using the tank and APC most of the round) had 6 kills between them. This was on a packed 32 player server that went down to the wire and lasted a long time.

Back on topic. I've always had a positive kill:death ratio. Since this was my first onlie FPS I practiced for a couple of days offline first and that was enough to keep me in the positive.

Comment

Working...
                                X