X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Plz, Can Not Update BF2...

Originally posted by bippen View Post
    Hi!

I have this exact same problem with this 1.41 patch, but problem is my dir in the registry is "DICE" not "Electronic Arts\EA GAMES...."

Will I have to change this? Can't make it work as per now!
    You should have both of those keys. The InstallDir value should be in "Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2", not "DICE\Battlefield 2(TM)". The CD key should also be in "Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\ergc". I think if you don't have that key then your game is not installed properly.

Comment

I've installed BF2 several times now on my little brother's computer. So far, I get the same error message as OP. My registry also seems to keep going to DICE instead of electronic arts/ea games. What should I do? The reinstalls keep doing the same thing.

Comment

Are you installing plain BF2 or from the Complete Collection? I think the collection might use different keys but it probably also doesn't need patching.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou View Post
          Are you installing plain BF2 or from the Complete Collection? I think the collection might use different keys but it probably also doesn't need patching.
          Straight up BF2.

Comment

Working...
          X