Need sniper advice/help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need sniper advice/help.

I don't believe there is a bullet drop. Put sight right on target and the only thing that's droppin is the enemy!

Comment

Solution: Stop sniping and get a manly weapon like the PKM or G36.

Comment

Originally posted by Teh_Diplomat
        Solution: Stop sniping and get a manly weapon like the PKM or G36.

Nah, but thanks for the suggestion.
        Your obviously do not know how much skill sniping takes.

For one, the sniper rifles are underpowered, two shots to torso for one kill, even with the 50.Cal, which in real life would not leave your body intact.

Two, bullet drop, and if your a long long ranged sniper like me..theres alot of bullet drop, and not killing your target with the 1st-2nd shot can get you spotted.

Three, commanders, they can scan the map and easily find you and arty you, call you out, and other things..so you need to switch up positions ingame every now and then.

Sniping, is the most unused class, because its the hardest class to be.

Now, you can stop making pointless post that has nothing to do with the topic.

By the way..if you ever happen to see me ingame, youll have a few L96 rounds in your eye.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierOfChrist
          Sniping, is the most unused class, because its the hardest class to be.
          Nah, snipers are already too plentiful. Look at anything airborne...

Personally, I only play sniper for the claymores (and the badge), since they've got very little to contribute with in the way of TWPs. Ever play Kubra Dam and get run over by a sneaky tank fortyeleven of your sniper-"friends" could've spotted?

People don't play sniper 'cos the only kit with less to offer is the assault. Teamworkers play the lower four kits, dropping in a spiffo as needed.

Comment

People play sniper because they want to. Others don't because they do not want to.

Comment

^

True, true...

Comment

Sniper is the kit you play to relax. Eat some Cheez-its with one hand, and use the other to aim with the mouse. Watch the little ants in the distance running around, fighting for their lives in your crosshairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hippodog
                  Sniper is the kit you play to relax. Eat some Cheez-its with one hand, and use the other to aim with the mouse. Watch the little ants in the distance running around, fighting for their lives in your crosshairs.
                  only nubs hide in high roofs and snipe quitely.... im more of a in your face sniper..

Comment

I snipe all the time, hopeing to get expert sniper sometime during the next few weeks.

I think there are two kinds of sniper..the one who stays off in the distance, waits for the target to come to them...and take it out. The second is the one who runs around with the squad supporting them. Im the former, because I think its what snipers were intended to do in the game. Theres nothing more satisfying than putting a bullet in someones head and them seeing something like "WTF haxxor thats an impossible shot" etc etc etc.

Comment

guys, MEC sniper, isn't that crapper than US, because I tent to kill them with 1, 2shots at most using the US sniper. If I use MEC, its usually a whole mag on one person. Any secrets on that

Comment

Until a week or 2 ago I hadn't really played as a sniper ... but after I unlocked the L96A1 I thought I'd give it a go and clock up some hours to get veteran ... I think its great fun and much more relaxing than running round like a headless chicken ...

Being a sniper takes skill. Its not easy getting headshots from a distance when the little ant is sprinting along ... or if you hit his torso and he ducks for cover before you can finish him someone else could come along and nick your kill, leaving you with a damage assist ...

Another great thing about being a sniper is that it forces you to become better with the pistol, and shows you how handy a silencer can be ...

Thanks for the tip about the "X" but I generally just keep on shooting until he drops ...

Comment

Tip, when aiming for headshot, aim the sniper gun slightly higher, youill get it eventually

Comment

I also find useful when they are running, aim atleast 1cm ahead of the direction they're running to, that usually gets them

Comment

Originally posted by MWarsame
                              I also find useful when they are running, aim atleast 1cm ahead of the direction they're running to, that usually gets them
                              yup, i used to be crap at hitting moving targets, like 20 % of the time i hit but leading by that tiny bit jus helps so much. Now i can hit most moving targets in chest and finish with pistol.

Comment

There is nothing better then seeing 10 snipers spawn up at round start and take off in ten different directions. This makes flag capping and team work so much better. You know what I mean like the game was designed to be played. Its almost as good as all the turds camping the chopper spawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X