please help with repairing jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help with repairing jets

What exactly do you have to do in order to repair jets? If I need repairs then I will fly over the carrier/air field either at full speed or slow down. The most I can ever get is about 3 bars. I've tried different heights and it doesn't help either. I've seen some posts that say a few passes and you're all fixed. There are times where I make 5 passes and it doesn't repair at all. Are these bugs or am I doing something wrong?

Re: please help with repairing jets

Originally posted by tfarre211
    What exactly do you have to do in order to repair jets? If I need repairs then I will fly over the carrier/air field either at full speed or slow down. The most I can ever get is about 3 bars. I've tried different heights and it doesn't help either. I've seen some posts that say a few passes and you're all fixed. There are times where I make 5 passes and it doesn't repair at all. Are these bugs or am I doing something wrong?
    If you need a large repair your best bet is to land on the runway (or hover over it if you're in the F35).

Comment

u have to make so many passes to get it repaired fully.

Comment

theres a specific spot on runways where repair takes place, you should slow down your plane a great deal and make a few passes or land next to the repair point. if you have a good commander he will drop a supply box on the runway and that improves repair time.

Comment

If you're too damaged just come in for a landing. Better practice landing before you get on a busy server though, otherwise good luck getting in another jet. Fly by's are only for small repairs, like you said: 3 bars or so.

Comment

I appreciate the help. As for landing, do you come in slow, land, then back up when repairs are done and take off again? I'm not sure what the best process is for landing....I've never done it.

Comment

No need to land..

Just slow down to 300 when you are over the repair spot and keep going..

Comment

come in slow but not to slow and try to keep your nose up. I am sure there are loads of threads about landing

Comment

I learned all my flying by just starting a local server and trying stuff out. You just cut your throttle when you make the final turn into the runway, usually your slowed down enough by then, sometimes you have to hit the afterburners to make small adjustments. Especially on carriers.

Comment

just land.

Comment

id just land on the carrier or hover flying would take to long thats what i do.

Comment

For the most part, a full on landing while in an active server is never a good idea.

From my experience, it's best to just line up the runway, slow your speed slightly and just make several passes if need be.. keep yourself moving at all times. The supply crate tactic mentioned above is great too if the commander is savvy enough.

Comment

If the map u are at has TWO runways, make sure your flying over the right one, cause only one will give ammo and repairs, this is especially true for Kubra Dam. Second, if u need alot of repairs just land. Landing speed is around 500. Keep at that while touching the ground and u'll be fine.

Comment

Thanks for telling me the landing speed EC, I could nver land.

Comment

The building by the runway, with the windsock and the step ladders is the 'specific spot' to get repairs quicker. Not sure about on carriers but certainly on runways.

Comment

Working...
                              X