Re: Goodbye EA/DICE/BF2

WOW people realy have alot to say lol I cba to read all that lol

Originally posted by tehdude
    Vanilla BF2 - 13 Maps original price approx $50
    Special Forces - 8 maps orig price approx $40
    Euro Forces - 3 maps price $10
    Armoured Fury - 3 maps $10

POE2 - 13 maps ZERO Dollars
    Maybe they should get a job for working for EA/DICE then they would get payed lol i would if i was them !

Comment

things that PoE2 has that bf2 dosnt

german and ukranian armys
      new weapons
      13 new maps (thats alot considering vanila bf2 has less then 10 and more maps are soon to come)
      ITS FREE<<---------------------------------------------
      NO RANKS
      More tickets meaning longer games and less load screens
      Artilery requires skill
      New theater of war
      New Anti-Air kit
      Pick-up weapons
      2 new game modes

and the developers work for fun not for money and acctauly listen to the fanbase unlike DICE.

Comment

BF2 >>>>> PoE2
        yes the arrows are going the right way, I feel very sorry for the OPK team
        They made the exact same game first and got no recognition for it

Comment

Of course its going to be somewhat similar to bf2. Its a modern combat mod made on the bf2 engine! Honestly what did you guys expect? Until an unordinary mod like BF:Pirates or something from a totally different time period its in a way going to feel like bf2. Besides, the weapons are way more acurate and deadly, pick-up kits have been added, 2 new gamemodes, no uav or scan, and you all say its the same infantry combat?

All this, plus 13 maps full of freshly made statics all a playground for the plethra of armor and air vehicles.

Not to mention its .1, and you've been playing it for only a day. If anyone over-hyped it it was yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Forest
            Of course its going to be somewhat similar to bf2. Its a modern combat mod made on the bf2 engine! Honestly what did you guys expect? Until an unordinary mod like BF:Pirates or something from a totally different time period its in a way going to feel like bf2. Besides, the weapons are way more acurate and deadly, pick-up kits have been added, 2 new gamemodes, no uav or scan, and you all say its the same infantry combat?

All this, plus 13 maps full of freshly made statics all a playground for the plethra of armor and air vehicles.

Not to mention its .1, and you've been playing it for only a day. If anyone over-hyped it it was yourself.
            damn straight.

I enjoyed playing bf2 for a good while but then the crappy things about the game really started to get at me. Mainly the commander. Arty UAV.

Take those out already makes a HUGH difference. adding player controled arty adds even MORE of a difference. and LOL at ppl saying the "airpower" is still over powered in this mod, anyone with at least a little skill wont find themselves killed by airpower that often at all.

LOL again at ppl saying its the very same as OPK. Its as just as much like opk as DC is like bf2.

Its like ppl just looked at screenshots and not played it at all.

Another thing the POE2 has done is brought back the armer battles.

All bf2's armer is for is for noobs who are crap at inf warfare to hide in.

POE2 brings back the massive armer battles and does it with style.

fantastic maps, fantastic modelers aswell.

This is a great mod, and I wont be playing bf2 anymore as I'm ****ing sick of being killed by commanders arty or coz theres a UAV over my head.

Comment

Originally posted by =[WOW]=Sisko
              damn straight.

I enjoyed playing bf2 for a good while but then the crappy things about the game really started to get at me. Mainly the commander. Arty UAV.

Take those out already makes a HUGH difference. adding player controled arty adds even MORE of a difference. and LOL at ppl saying the "airpower" is still over powered in this mod, anyone with at least a little skill wont find themselves killed by airpower that often at all.

LOL again at ppl saying its the very same as OPK. Its as just as much like opk as DC is like bf2.

This is a great mod, and I wont be playing bf2 anymore as I'm ****ing sick of being killed by commanders arty or coz theres a UAV over my head.
              Very good points....it also does not matter to me if anybody else hates POE2...I like it enough that it I will continue to play it for some time. I liked POE1 which was the only good thing that ever happened with Battlefield Vietnam.

DC was a Great mod...I've always liked it as well...Got started flying seriously in BF1942 because of it.

I encourage the ones that hate POE2 to NOT play it...more room for us who do...

Comment

Originally posted by HaVOCK-ElEEt
                PS its the same engine, same gameplay, new facelift, not a new game by a longshot, lol.
                uhmmm, what were you expecting? Doom 4 on a Quake engine??

Comment

Originally posted by =[WOW]=Sisko
                  damn straight.

agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Graphic
                    .... but don't start telling me it's better quality than the original. $50 vs. $0 and the original is still better bang for your buck.
                    Missed the point totally....You're another one I encourage NOT to play POE2....

Comment

yawn..........if you don't like it keep on playing bf2 or 2142 the next UBER game for you

stop whining about how ****ty poe2 is and go make your own stinking mod whiners

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Crazycanuck
                        uhmmm, what were you expecting? Doom 4 on a Quake engine??
                        i was expecting what I have been hearing for sooo long about this MOD. That it was going to feel, sound, and act different from BF2, giving the fans what they have been looking for. I am going to keep playing this MOD till another great one comes out, because I dont like BF2 much anymore.

The game looks different, but it still feels like bf2 gameplay to me. Everything is faster, and the guns are high powered, but it feels like a facelift to me, just a really big one.

PRMM doesnt feel like bf2 at all to me, they changed the game into something else. I hope other mods that come along do the same.

one example, No heat seakers, dumbfire missiles only. If you never did any dogfighting in DC, then I feel sorry for you, cause bf2 blows.

Comment

Originally posted by HaVOCK-ElEEt
                          If you never did any dogfighting in DC, then I feel sorry for you, cause bf2 blows.
                          I agree with you on that BF2 does blow.
                          POE2 plays more like DC with in regards to the arty, AA, tanks, recoil, non-guided AT, no UAV or satellites, etc. Which is probably why so many former '42 players love this mod.

As for Project Reality, I love their maps, but I don't care for the push maps. I play competitively and push maps are not meant for competition.
                          Aside from the maps, PRMM is BF2 without a HUD and a 30+ second spawn. I just don't feel immersed in the game, the way I did in DC and FH.

Comment

If you don't like reading forums that encourage discussion of games, why don't you go make your own stinking forums where you can discuss with your own kind, the merits of posting opinions about games in forums. (you may have to read that twice).

*yawn*

Comment

Its only the first major release right?
                              Why are you people already doubting its chance of becoming a classic like DesertCombat?

I would have preferred the AT shoulder missile to be guided though.
                              O at least offer dual mode (guided for accuracy, unguided and silent launch for stealth mode)

Aside from the maps, PRMM is BF2 without a HUD and a 30+ second spawn. I just don't feel immersed in the game, the way I did in DC and FH.
                              Its a mini mod. You are supposed to play it for the realism changes I think.
                              Although the realism changes did change gameplay quite a bit.

Comment

can some 1 tell me what the taccom is used for ? apart from just making a bleep ?

Comment

Working...
                                X