X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goodbye EA/DICE/BF2

Originally posted by Psychosomatic
    can some 1 tell me what the taccom is used for ? apart from just making a bleep ?
    Its to call in arty.

Alot of us here aren't bandwagon types at all. We've been play BF and it's mods from day one (Codename Eagle), and are very disappointed at the direction the BF series has taken.

I haven't played BF2 in over a month because Dice Canada has patched it into a steaming pile of crap. I bought BF2 for it's mods that I knew were moving to it's engine like POE and FH.

POE was the best mod out for BFV, and is currently the best one out for BF2. It is far better than BF2 in my opinion.

Features Germany vs. Ukraine

It has:

all new vehicles and skins
    all new weapons and skins
    new static map objects
    new grass sprites that look excellent
    better weapons accuarcy system with recoil
    more powerful weapons
    AA that actually does damage to things
    thirteen new maps (beautifully done)
    new camo
    new voices (german)
    all new sounds
    no commander UAV/Sat/Arty/Car drops
    player controlled mobile arty
    snow
    an online manual: http://www.pointofexistence.com/pns/PN/html/

Did I mention it's free?

There are too many things to list. It's not anything like BF2 really except at the very core of gameplay. It's a new game on the BF2 engine.

Warning: This mod isn't for whiney noobs who like stats and things to be easy. If you are a whiney noob please continue to play ranked BF2.

Comment

ok thanks m8 !

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderPimp
        Its to call in arty.Warning: This mod isn't for whiney noobs who like stats and things to be easy. If you are a whiney noob please continue to play ranked BF2.
        Best suggestion so far..

Comment

standard bf2 vanilla has some serious faults, and im not talking about the obvoius bugs either.

POE2 addresses those faults, and it makes bf2 how it should have been in the 1st place.

im happy

Comment

will there be POE ranked servers ? Project realtiy MOD has ranked servers ! so why cant POE2 ?

Comment

Project realtiy MOD has ranked servers !
              It does not.

Comment

Originally posted by jayhigh
                I would not say it was a let down, but it isnt all that either.
                its an ok mod..hopefully the next release will have exciting toys. This German/ukranie theme is kind of boring...I feel like I am playing operation peacekeeper. My money is on Desert conflict...at least up until Crysis, Quake Wars ET, and armed assult are released.
                Actually, I'm quite impressed with this mod. Now I know why the download was 1GB...a lot of custom stuff under the hood. My clan played all weekend and now there are over 500 servers. If that doesn't spell successs I don't know what does. Great job PoE team!

PS Thanks for bring back normal artillary and a lot of other cool stuff!!!

Comment

will there be POE ranked servers ? Project realtiy MOD has ranked servers ! so why cant POE2 ?
                  Because Ranking is one of the things that alot of peep hate about Vanilla BF2. No Ranks.....no stat padding whores.....

Didn't have Ranks in BF1942 and it did just fine....forget the Ranks....just play the game. POE2 is a great mod

whiners go play something else and leave us alone....

Comment

I spent some time with the mod this weekend, not as much as I would have liked, but enough to get a good impression. Things that I noticed:
                    > The level of detail on the maps is outstanding. From the new object to how the terrain is layed out. Make for an enjoyable experience.
                    > The maps are well thought out. From a tactical standpoint, there's a lot of room for encouraging working as a team and for some longer rounds. I like the variety of the maps - some are vehicle intensive, some have aircraft, some don't, and on some you are really going to have to co-ordinate your Artillery
                    > The "auto damage" for going into the enemies uncapable base is a nice touch - let them other team at least get out of the base first, then kill them
                    > Considering it's a "free" mod, the bang for the buck value is very high - I have three systems that I"ve spent a good chunk of cash to get them all on line playing BF2, so mods save our family money and extend our playing options. Look at it this way, BF2 + SF + 2x BF2 Deluxe + AF x 3... that's over $200 in software. When EA releases a "booster pack", you spend $10, I spend $30. Mods are a good thing - some we like, some we don't.

It it perfect? No.
                    Will it "replace BF2"? No
                    Will it be a nice change of pace, stat-whore free? Yes
                    Is it a nice mod for those of us that stats are meaningless? Yes
                    Is the the most beautiful thing ever? Nice, but no
                    Is it the "pwn n00bs" mod? Not likely

Our server saw a good deal of activity over the weekend, 20 people at most. We'll probably drop the size from 64 to 32 as that seems to be the size that plays best. I'm looking forward to many hours of playing PoE2 - a lot of work went into this, and the efforst are appreciated. I'm still going to play vanilla BF2 and SF (not paying for a ranked server for nothing ... ) since I do find those enjoyable as well - but it's nice to have Mods like PoE2 getting released so we can futher our use of the BF2 engine.

Like it's been said, if you don't care for it, that's totally okay if you don't care for it. Don't play it. Those of us that like it will play it. I don't particulary care for Karkland, except in Sandbox but I don't go around bashing it - I just leave the server and find another one. It is in the rotation on our ranked server because people do like it. Same reason we run Sandbox, AirMAPS, and PoE2 on our mod servers, people like them.

Peace,
                    Tim

Comment

Jesus christ some of you bloody sicken me

"Waa it's no different to BF2"

"Waa silly mappack, how'm I supposed to know you have to unzip "

"Waa I'm crap and can't go round the back to shoot tanks".

The PoE team has put an incredible amount of work into the game, sure, the base engine hasn't been changed, but that's impossible. They've created just as many art assets, some may argue more, as EA did, in a fraction of the time, with a fraction of the team, for free. AND they did it at a higher quality, PoE 2 has some of the better models and textures I've seen and I've worked in 3d myself.

It sickens me how you can say "It didn't live up to my expectations or the hype". Well I've got news for you, at any point, 10% of the people playing BF2, are playing the PoE 2 mod, (Check game-monitor.com for proof, it's where I got my figures) that's up to around 3000 at any one time, and how long has the mod been out? Bugger all time that's what. And to be honest, how bloody dare you have expectations about what is essentially a gift, you don't get a present for free at Christmas and tell the person who bought it "Sorry, it didn't live up to my expectations, it was a bit ****." Well that's what you're essentially doing here.

Honestly, people who are complaining about that, thank god you don't like it, because the last thing a mod needs is the tons of whiney stupid people who play the vanilla game.

Love the mod, keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by somecallmeTim
                        ...The level of detail on the maps is outstanding. From the new object to how the terrain is layed out. Make for an enjoyable experience....
                        And they are NOT just recolored desert maps as one uninformed poster put it earlier....

Originally posted by KillerTV
                        ....And to be honest, how bloody dare you have expectations about what is essentially a gift, you don't get a present for free at Christmas and tell the person who bought it "Sorry, it didn't live up to my expectations, it was a bit ****." Well that's what you're essentially doing here......
                        But that well put point escapes most of the whiners here....I'd hate to be in their families

Originally posted by somecallmeTim
                        ...Our server saw a good deal of activity over the weekend, 20 people at most. We'll probably drop the size from 64 to 32 as that seems to be the size that plays best. I'm looking forward to many hours of playing PoE2 - a lot of work went into this, and the efforst are appreciated. I'm still going to play vanilla BF2 and SF (not paying for a ranked server for nothing ... ) since I do find those enjoyable as well - but it's nice to have Mods like PoE2 getting released so we can futher our use of the BF2 engine.

Like it's been said, if you don't care for it, that's totally okay if you don't care for it. Don't play it. Those of us that like it will play it. I don't particulary care for Karkland, except in Sandbox but I don't go around bashing it - I just leave the server and find another one. It is in the rotation on our ranked server because people do like it. Same reason we run Sandbox, AirMAPS, and PoE2 on our mod servers, people like them.

Peace,
                        Tim
                        So if this Mod is as bad (or at least as ordinary) as many would have us believe then why is this so?? The SpokLAN Flying Circus servers play mods we know are fun and the activity on the servers tells the tale.

And its not just us....obviously other people think the mod is playable or there wouldn't be the huge number of POE2 servers out there....

Thanks POE2 team for the great mod and keep it up....

P.S. have not heard too much about any gameplay problems. You KNOW EA/Dice can't say that

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                          you used to be a good game time to move on to PoE2.
                          you'll be back..

i did however like running thru the foresty map with a silenced spec-ops weapon

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X