• Show
Clear All

Re: WTF is going on with SF???

Originally posted by [GU]LIZARD
    My system:

FX-62 AM2 Socket
    2GB of DDR2 OCZ 900 RAM
    2x 7800GTX's in SLI
    Sound Blaster 2 Card <------yea, this plays a role in your lag...
    Nice rig!

I'd suggest a new soundcard or at least grab the latest drivers. Sounds can and do play a large part of lag in game.

I went from an Audigy Gamer to X-Fi and it made a big difference when flying the choppers.

IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by graham892
      is it just me or is the voice over for SAS stereo typical,
      u dont hav commanders talking in a posh accent or privates talkin cockney..well u can but if u hear a real brittish sergeant they shout like ****,
      i mean come on...we are the best trained army in the world.
      dont mae us sound like losers.
      Yer that insecure?

Tea time.

All sargeants should shout like ***** they get the piss blown back on them from below and rained on from above. =)

Dont wowwy about that accent in game, I think they got it roight.

Comment

Guys - if you have a video card with 128 MB or more of memory, lower your AGP Aperature in BIOS to 64 MB. It helped me a lot with lag.

Originally posted by graham892
        is it just me or is the voice over for SAS stereo typical,
        u dont hav commanders talking in a posh accent or privates talkin cockney..well u can but if u hear a real brittish sergeant they shout like ****,
        i mean come on...we are the best trained army in the world.
        dont mae us sound like losers.
        I admit the SAS voices are kind of crappy but I don't understand Brits on every forum seemingly offended by it being stereotypical. It's no different than the USMC commander with the Texas cowboy accent, you don't see me getting all sensitive about it...

Comment

night maps are very demanding on your CPU. But I can run SF all maxed out. I have nivida =D not gay ati crap

Comment

The voices crack me up. I wait for the time I'm watching some old war film and I hear that famous SF cry, 'Starlight!' I think Ill p*ss myself laughing the day that happens

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
              night maps are very demanding on your CPU. But I can run SF all maxed out. I have nivida =D not gay ati crap
              why would night maps tax the CPU? compared to the other maps, there are only three colors to fill most of the time--black, yellow, and red. I find that at no time is my cpu very taxed, it's mostly the graphics card that takes the hit. I use an x800xt AIW, w/all settings to medium (except high geometries and 100% view), 2xAA, at 1280x1024. I have 1gb 400mhz ram and a p4 3.0E, and I almost never notice any lag.

cheers, though. your d4m screen name just gave me the munchies, and i'm going to go have 01, mr.

Comment

Originally posted by Older-OMO
                Have you ever run a trace log to see if you are getting any latency or packet loss along the way (obviously, you will need the IP address of the server). Run it a few times. Run it if you have left a server due to lag. You might be suprised how you get routed to different servers. Ping does little to reflect the long term quality of the connection to a server. Your ISP may not value consistent speed as opposed to high speed.

Dude my ping is 18-20 on most servers. TS running no packet loss. I am far ahead of you on this. If you are asking me to believe that you have never lagged on any map, then you are full of ****. Go play surge, a times a day.

It is related to SF, and specifically SF, there are a billion post on the issue. I have friends, and clan mates who get the same exact problem. I download at 1.8Megabytes, not megabits mind you, but megabytes. My ISP is Insightbb. I have no problems with it, or packet loss as I said before.

Comment

Originally posted by [GU]LIZARD
                  Dude my ping is 18-20 on most servers. TS running no packet loss. I am far ahead of you on this. If you are asking me to believe that you have never lagged on any map, then you are full of ****. Go play surge, a times a day.

It is related to SF, and specifically SF, there are a billion post on the issue. I have friends, and clan mates who get the same exact problem. I download at 1.8Megabytes, not megabits mind you, but megabytes. My ISP is Insightbb. I have no problems with it, or packet loss as I said before.
                  Geez so uptight considering there's probably less than 20 posts per day on the SF forums, with you doing most of the posting about chopper lag. I have slightly more hours in SF than you, so I don't think you are in a position to judge my experience. If you read my other posts (you responded to most of them), you would see I never claimed zero lag. I only lag on SF when flying a chopper, but not often and generally only on Surge.

It's been well vented, but nobody has offered definitive proof that it's on the client side, server side, networking, video drivers, memory leaks, etc.
                  Ping won't tell you squat about your connection other than when you are watching the ping. It's a pseudo real time measurement. High download speed doesn't mean pristine trasmission, just fast. You act like you have all the answers yet you are speculating just like everyone else.

Given the untold number of your posts about chopper lag and knowing it isn't going to get fixed, you might want to chill and get over it. The game is still playable for the most part.

Comment

There needs to be no proof. It doesn't happen in vanilla. SF runs fine, and sometimes it even runs smooth on surge in the chopper. Its a random effect almost as if a texture didn't load right. No one is being up-tight. More hours doesn't mean your more experienced then me either. I am in the position I choose to be in. I can say from my experience and from other clan mates that lag in the choppers, and only the choppers, and its on more then just Surge. You see it seems every post I make you make another basically tryin to find some proof as to why its lagging.

If it was even once hardware related, then running the game on low wouldn't of caused the lag. However I did experiment with it, and I still got the lag on a round or Surge. As I said its annoying, and its not worth getting used to if DICE can't fix somethign simple is this. I'd be curious if a modder took the game apart and seen if he could find something. Someone with experience based on modding and coding for games. Some where down the line when you load into SF a texture or something has to be missing. I don't know what because everything appears fine, but it comes and goes in different variants. Its a touchy subject for me.

I never once claimed to put any of this onto stats, or me being better. All I know is when I play SF, all I do is fly. Thats it. I have over 250+ hours, on the helo itself. Immunity has almost 400+.

So understand why it would be touchy for me to want to talk about a problem that has existed since SF came out. The problem is SF to me in my personal opinion is much better then vanilla BF2. However the problems that plague it go unoticed. Much like the rest of Vanilla BF2 has as well. Example: "Lets fix a bug that causes a crash after entering 300 chracters in the ip", when they could fix things that actually effect game play. Something bogging down a FX62, and dual 7800GTX's has got to have ****ty coding. I wish it were connection related because it is the most annoying thing. Which is why I have moved onto POE2.

Comment

To the original poster, try updating all of your drivers: sound, video, NIC, whatever. Have you tried the Omega Catalyst video drivers? Google them and try them out, couldn't hurt. Run Spybot, Spysweeper, or whatever else is up to date, defrag your HDs, also run msconfig.exe and get rid of some unnecessary stuff in your sys. tray and background tasks (also makes your computer boot faster). Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X