WTF is going on with SF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is going on with SF???

What the hell are the minimum requirements for SF? The box states that they are the same as for BF2, what a load of *******.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 with the following specs:
    - Intel P4 3.4gig,
    - 2GB DIMM,
    - 256MB ATI Radeon 9800 8x AGP

and the bloody game goes down to 15fps on some maps with medium settings.

Is this normal or what?

Tnks.

Re: WTF is going on with SF???

play on low.

the maps are more demanding, esp gator, all the interiors it has to render, and then with medium gfx the quality it has to do them to, would cuase your PC troubles

Comment

yeah there are some issues with special forces, i cant play SAS maps in single player cuz they just lock up, online its fine. wtf is that?

Comment

Well I thought I had a good computer

Comment

Well i have 1 gig of ram an ATI Radeon 9550 256mb and I get like 50 fps on low settings so I would suggest putting all of your graphics very low.

Comment

I have now put all my graphics down low and I'm getting over 50 fps, still sucks having to do that tough.

Comment

you should be lucky! i have a crappy comp and i still get lagg on low on vanilla i cant even play SF online! so now i wasted 20$ for unlocks! How crappy is that!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Sars99
                play on low.

the maps are more demanding, esp gator, all the interiors it has to render, and then with medium gfx the quality it has to do them to, would cuase your PC troubles
                Yeah the maps are more demanding ,lower your graphics a little.

Originally posted by Toltol
                Well I thought I had a good computer
                Maybe its your graphic card bud,i have a NX7900 512MB and i can´run everything on max and get over 100fps.

Comment

Part of it is GPU, part of it is net coding and part of it is server related. You will have to experiment with both settings and servers. I can get low ping servers that lag and high ping servers that play fine. Your system should be plenty enough to play SF without any problems. The maps that will be the most problematic are Iron Gator and Surge with 64 player maps. The night maps might lag when you get around lots of action combined with arty. Turn dynamic shadows and lighting down to low first and see if that helps.

I have a similar CPU, but X1900XT, same memory, etc. I still get lag on servers. When I do, I find another one. Usually no lag...

Comment

dont forget, there is also the 15fps bug in SF.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Toltol
                      What the hell are the minimum requirements for SF? The box states that they are the same as for BF2, what a load of *******.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 with the following specs:
                      - Intel P4 3.4gig,
                      - 2GB DIMM,
                      - 256MB ATI Radeon 9800 8x AGP

and the bloody game goes down to 15fps on some maps with medium settings.

Is this normal or what?

Tnks.
                      Heh try getting the chopper glitch. Its simple to fix half the textures wrong with BF2. I am sure that the helo lag is related to models rather then the helicopters themselves. Why its random is beyond me. DICE can't even play their own game correctly, let alone fix a helicopter.

Comment

Man the chopper lag really has you twisted up pretty tight, given all your posts. I have experienced a few problems, but nowhere close to the issues you seem to have. Are you sure your system doesn't play a role?

Comment

Nope. I chopper whore. When I am in SF, I am in a chopper. Its not as bad as I make it sound. However it happens about 90% of the time on Surge, and often on Levithan. The fact is it exist, and DICE have yet to even admit it exist, and attempt to fix it.

My system:

FX-62 AM2 Socket
                          2GB of DDR2 OCZ 900 RAM
                          2x 7800GTX's in SLI
                          Sound Blaster 2 Card

Still think my system plays a roll in it? It runs smooth as butter for the most part. I load faster then everyone, I am in before everyone. However chopper lag is the most annoying. When I play like I said I can play for hours. Once gay *** warlord loads I leave and hit another server up. Usually once I start the game, load into the map discover the lag, I can exit and leave, come back its gone, SOMETIMES. Often times though its still but at a lesser form.

Comment

Have you ever run a trace log to see if you are getting any latency or packet loss along the way (obviously, you will need the IP address of the server). Run it a few times. Run it if you have left a server due to lag. You might be suprised how you get routed to different servers. Ping does little to reflect the long term quality of the connection to a server. Your ISP may not value consistent speed as opposed to high speed.

Comment

is it just me or is the voice over for SAS stereo typical,
                              u dont hav commanders talking in a posh accent or privates talkin cockney..well u can but if u hear a real brittish sergeant they shout like ****,
                              i mean come on...we are the best trained army in the world.
                              dont mae us sound like losers.

Comment

Working...
                              X