POE 2 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POE 2 review

Definetely worth the download and install. Learning the new arty, more emphasis on teamwork- those are cool.

Maps I've played do seem to be a bit dark (except the snow).

Comment

Guys, just wait until the smacktards have gone back to BF2 then it'll be fun again. Right now i've decided to stop playing becuase of said smacktards and i'm also waiting for 1.4, this mod is more intensive on my RAM like SF, so i gotta wait for the ol' optimization patch.

Comment

Um I can only find 2 servers ftw.

Comment

It's aight...but definetly not a mod for infantry....unless you play on the infantry only maps. Those are pretty fun...but most maps....far too much vehicles...all over the place.

One thing I really don't like is something that is hard to address. On the infantry only maps, there is so much foilage and grass, you are forced to turn your graphics on low just to compete with everyone else who does it to disable foilage.

It's nice to see artillery not so "easy" to use now. At least it takes time and dedication to use it.

It's also nice not to have an all-seeing UAV eye.

AA is actually useful. That's definetly a plus. However, I havn't tried AA against planes.

Unfortunatly, I will not be playing the mod any longer due to some maps dropping my BF2 FPS of 50 down to POE's 20 FPS.

Comment

Having some more man-carried AA - straight-fire AA missiles for example (none of that half-witted lock-on n00b poop please) - and the choppers wouldn't be such rape-machines.

However, it should in all fairness be said that the choppers then should have muuuuch more agility. There way they are now, it's like they are hanging from a bungie-cord. Tip forward and you're in for a loooong swing. You can't flare and controls are way too sluggish.

It's amazing that all the so-called new innovations has gone into making a game like this more stupid and idiot-friendly that it's predecessors and a shame that the mods haven't picked up on it yet.

Just look at the helicopters in Desert Combat - they could fly in circles around these flying cardboard boxes here. In Desert Combat the HIND had what..36 general purpose missiles AND 8 air-to-ground armor busters. Even then they didn't dominate. These clunky boxes here have less ammo and still they rape the battlefield. Clearly soemthing is out of proportions.

One glaringly obvious reason is that somebody forgot to consider balance. If you need a vehicle, and emplaced AA gun or a jet to fight the choppers, then it's no wonder they rule in a game with 200 draw-distance and auto-lockon. LOL..maybe it's too obvious?

Cheers :-)

Comment

Working...
            X