1.4 Conspiracy Perhaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 Conspiracy Perhaps?

I tried the patch from ead like so many others...it works kinda stupid and pointless. but i looked at Readme file and noticed something that made me mad...

================================================== ==============================
    Battlefield 2™: V1.4
    ReadMe File
    June 30, 2006
    ================================================== ==============================

Patch v1.4

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking
    enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative
    to artillery.
    - C4 tossing distance has been reduced.
    - A prone->crouch delay has been added.

BUG FIXES

- Fixed the Linux server hangs when trying to load a Special Forces Co-Op map.
    - Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug.
    - Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen.
    - Fixed the server browser issues with updating info.
    - Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.
    - Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.
    - Fixed a crash in Co-op after a player is revived without a kit.
    - Fixed a server crash on Linux 32 when trying to rotate maps in Coop Mode.
    - Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.
    - Fixed the bug that caused the player's arms to become invisible when switching
    weapons.
    - Co-Op bot console commands now function on local servers.
    - Fixed the excessive damage taken by the Muscle Car.
    - Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round
    on ranked servers.
    The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 8 and 8 respectively.
    - Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
    - Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead.
    - Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player has
    spawned in during the preview round.
    - Co-Op (Local Server) - Fixed the issue where no other players may join the server
    if the server host is kicked and banned.
    - Ranked Servers now force unlocks.
    - Added support for multiple gamemodes in single maplist for mods
    They have had this patch ready before End of June??? is that why they unreleased it so they could remove the date they left behind....Interesting very interesting

Maybe indian scout or someone at ea can explain
    because if this patch etc was ready then....what took so long
    And was this latest delay because they left the Date in the patch readme?

I understand EA does their best, especially with a company of their size the right hand doesnt see the left hand too often hehe. but they gotta stop the games with the people who pay for their services....

I cannot wait for BF2142 it looks good

Keep up good work

Re: 1.4 Conspiracy Perhaps?

June 30th?

No, there is no way in the world that it was ready then. It would mean that the beta stages were fakes and if you even consider that that was the case then you should maybe go and take a relaxing holiday somewhere.

Comment

It's authentic bulgarian Miak ! ! !

Comment

Dude i'm just looking at the files i found when i got the patch like many others via ea downloader...Its suspicious tis all...

Also what i pasted is the whole file nothing has been edited i didnt put the 1.3 and 1.2 crap cause we all know what was done

Comment

pppffff.........

Comment

Maybe that's when they wrote the readme file.....don't assume.

Comment

A readme is one thing, the patch is another.
              The readme file was ready then, but the patch obviously wasn't.
              They had very clear stated what needed to be done, but couldn't do it faster.

Comment

ya but look how its laid out and if you look on game search the new patch is only 1 click above the 793 that was leaked and is still avail on ead the official source of all patches etc....we know from previous patches that if its something big it jumps quite a few version numbers this was just a hiccup...

I'm just putting the info here...until we hear from a official source i think that the patch beta testing was maybe a illusion...Like i said conspiracy lol

Comment

Hopefully they have more balance issue fixes, stupid slow ribs and copters surviving rockets piss me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman223344
                    until we hear from a official source i think that the patch beta testing was maybe a illusion
                    Scratch that. Don't go on a holiday. Go to a hospital instead

Comment

Turnip if u get a chance try total retardation mod....it will keep you busy while waiting for patch lol....the rockets u can run with and are like insta slow mo haha the sniper fires BOXES! lol the pkm shoots u back

Its fun

ptegan go suck a lemon lol....half the fun of the patch is whining bout it before it comes lol not my fault EA didnt organize the readme file in lamens terms. actually it is in lamens terms i understood it maybe its just you....lol
                      this wouldnt be the first time ea has skipped the beta testers comments....

Comment

Yea, the 1.4 bf2 patch ranks up there with JFK as to be labeled a "conspiracy".....

:wall:

Comment

Bah! I always write readme files at the start of a project and add the stuff I have to do to them, then change them to show I've done them as I go (or delete them cos I haven't done them).

That's boring though! I reckon EA completed the patch months ago.

Oh, and hello everyone, I'm new...

Comment

My mate is in one of the 10 european clans to get an advanced release of the 2142 demo. EA gave them a code to download the demo (over 1.5 GB). Anyway my mate says its full of bugs, he cant even get the correct screen rez Anyway on that evidence EA/Dice have their work cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
                              Anyway my mate says its full of bugs, he cant even get the correct screen rez
                              It's a beta (actually an alpha IMO). It's supposed to be full of bugs. Your mate needs to edit his BF2142 shortcut as explained in the beta forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X