Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people want from their Commander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do people want from their Commander?

when i command i always try to talk to my team, (unfortunatly i don't have mic as of yet). i always keep suppleis and vehicle drops ready for when they are requested. (except sometimes for supplies i give them to tanks and assests without request).

i often give the squads with 3 or mroe players orders. if they follow them then i know the map will be won, if they don't then i go a bit mean and don't give them the #1 priority. if a squad is doing what i ask and its working i can guarnatee that they will get what they request when they need it (if i have it).

when i'm playing and someone else is comanding, gimem orders, what would you like me to do, and if its good (i.e you don't tell me to go on a 10 mile hike to a base) then i'll follow my orders.

and last thing from a commanders point of view. why is it when i drop arty my team rushes to it? it doesn't give god mode! i even warn squad leaders that a near the area, but they still run in to get their 'god like' status. and of course they complain after they get TK'd by arty.

Comment

1) give us orders
      2) dont fly/drive
      3) use "artilerry ready/suplies available" commands to squad leaders
      4) use VOIP!!!!
      5) spot while we are capping flags AND UAV is unavailable in our location

Comment

Originally posted by {Sn][per}Farva
        Stop telling me to fix s*** when I'm running around with a sniper.
        Yesterday a commander told me (assault) to fix a helicopter =\

Comment

Yep, got to agree with the don't drive/don't fly. Every second you are paying attention to where you are going in a plane/vehicle you are not doiing your job! You cannot command and drive!!
          Go and hide and command. Simple as that.

Comment

1. Answer ALL squad leader requests. I usually accept. I can't really see the health of a tank very well from my position so I just accept. Strange thing is almost all the time nobody asks for the artillery, so I always say yes. If it's enough of a problem that they can do that rare act of calling for arty then its enough of a problem (like a sniper nest stopping the advance) that I will say yes.

2. Answer the requests promptly.

3. Uses VoiP.

4. Spots using scan, puts arty using scan, not UAV.

5. Optional, blow up enemy assets with C4 and knife their commander (can help a little, since if the commander is sitting there in one spot you can stop them from commanding silently and quickly)

6. NEVER, EVER, EVER get in a vehicle other than a jeep/transport. If possible don't engage in firefights, I'd say the exception to this is booby trapping a flag, and waiting, or being a sniper in a protected place.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
              dont try to give orders via the gui, nobody follows them, instead use voip to explain to your squad leaders why you want them doing a certain thing.
              I agree with what Roger said except for the comment above. I've found that most good squad leaders like getting orders via the Commander's menu because then all they have to do is hit the "Page Up" button to automatically pass the order on to their squad members. I'm not saying to use the GUI to take the place of VOIP, I use them both.

When I'm squad leader I want the Commander to tell me which enemy flags are heavily defended and which are the least defended. Sure it can change but it's frustrating to have the CO tell you to attack a CP, go there and find the entire Op Force waiting for you. :cry:

Also, I want the Commander to keep the squads from bunching up on the battlefield. It's frustrating to accept an order to attack CP "X" get there and find two other squads doing the same thing. Of course, you start hearing that your team has just lost CP "Y" and CP "Z".

Comment

Communication is the number 1 thing I want, preferably in the form of VoIP, but even talking with the ingame txt chat would be good enough.

Comment

The UAV up all the time, preferrably around me.

Comment

Originally posted by Killuminati
                    The UAV up all the time, preferrably around me.
                    That is selfish, rude and self serving.

However, if you are doing very well by taking bases, doing what you are told to do and have a decent squad that actually is outstanding from all the other 8 squads in the game.. you might actually get a commander that will supply you with UAV, arty, vehicles, supplies full time.

=)

Comment

I like to be commander and then drop arty on my own team to keep them on their toes-

Comment

It's always nice to see your commander offering supplies/uav etc. I always have a high opinion of this type

Comment

As a chopper pilot/gunner, I only ask for 1 thing from the commander - to spot stuff. Just spot tanks apcs and other choppers. I don't give a **** about UAV's, artillery, or orders. If you can constantly spot their units for me i'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
                          X