This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Map Score of 300+ say goodbye to stats

If you got over 300 at any point, you deserve to have your account banned/stats wiped.

Either you were cheating/stat padding or you're just a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaWar2
      If you got over 300 at any point, you deserve to have your account banned/stats wiped.

Either you were cheating/stat padding or you're just a ****.
      Did you ever play the release version of the game with no patch?

Did you ever try it in a blackhawk with a good crew?

Maybe we are just better than you then....I mean I have managed to get 280 ish in an apc on our karki 64 player server when there is only like 14 people left in the server.

That is not from stat padding. When the map is so big and only a few people you tend to find yourself rushing from one flag to another. When there is liek 3 of you in a squad you cap a flag in about 5 seconds. A Round could last about an hour so scores can add up quickly and none of that is stat padding.

Comment

lol "Grow up"

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
          lol "Grow up"

lol I cant its a speed of light thing

Comment

i say no proof give him his account back simpel .

Comment

Libel? Because someone got their stats wiped? So this is the basis for some kind of legal action, claiming libel?

I have stated this in another thread: to sue someone for damages, you must first have suffered a loss. A loss doesn't just mean a bruised ego, but something that is substantial in the eyes of the law - loss of income, decreased ability to get paid employment, physical disability, etc. Unless the player who has had his stats wiped is a professional gamer whose primary source of financial income is from gaming (therefore is fully taxable as such, and is not legally considered a hobby), there is absolutely no hope of even initiating legal action.

Having your personal stats wiped for a computer game can hardly be counted as libel, as the loss of simply insubstantial.

If libel is a crime in your country, then it would be up to the police to prosecute the wrongful party. It would be laughable if any police or public prosecution agency went on to lay libel charges on a game company for wiping the stats of a player.

I think that poster who said "grow up", put it well.

Comment

I have never been so lucky to have 300 point in one round but it seems to be possible. And with the new patch where servers will start with 6 players it will be even more possible.

I dont think EA is deleting accounts with BR 300+.

HAOX

Comment

the thing is rancid why bring it here to these forums i mean. i hate to hear that he got his stats wiped, that is if he didnt desreve it. but to tell u the truth and im just being honest here so dont get offended when i say this but the thing is the people of this community, the TBF2 community could give a rats a$$ bout the whole situation, meaning how ur clan mate got his stats reset.:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
                    the thing is rancid why bring it here to these forums i mean. i hate to hear that he got his stats wiped, that is if he didnt desreve it. but to tell u the truth and im just being honest here so dont get offended when i say this but the thing is the people of this community, the TBF2 community could give a rats a$$ bout the whole situation, meaning how ur clan mate got his stats reset.:laugh:
                    Seconded

Comment

Originally posted by Jungles
                      Libel? Because someone got their stats wiped? So this is the basis for some kind of legal action, claiming libel?

I have stated this in another thread: to sue someone for damages, you must first have suffered a loss. A loss doesn't just mean a bruised ego, but something that is substantial in the eyes of the law - loss of income, decreased ability to get paid employment, physical disability, etc. Unless the player who has had his stats wiped is a professional gamer whose primary source of financial income is from gaming (therefore is fully taxable as such, and is not legally considered a hobby), there is absolutely no hope of even initiating legal action.

Having your personal stats wiped for a computer game can hardly be counted as libel, as the loss of simply insubstantial.

If libel is a crime in your country, then it would be up to the police to prosecute the wrongful party. It would be laughable if any police or public prosecution agency went on to lay libel charges on a game company for wiping the stats of a player.

I think that poster who said "grow up", put it well.
                      But would it not come under that if a person's life is affected.
                      Ok Mr X only has one thing in his life. He plays online video games and sleeps.

Mr X can no longer play online games because mentally the character assasination from someone has caused him not to be able to continue that life...then surely that defamation of character has affected his life in preventing him from continuing life in the way he is accustomed to and enjoys.

Removing the enjoyment and fun from his life in labeling him as a cheater.

I am not a lawyer so im not exact on details.

Comment

Originally posted by lemonybrainaid
                        Seconded
                        Thirded.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
                          I know but to be honest its like sit back and do nothing...or in a small hope maybe bring it here and get support to open eyes and maybe get some answers from EA..

Surely if EA gets bombarded from users to know why they are resetting stats then maybe EA will start to answer.

EA were slammed for releasing buggy patches so they started a beta patch system.

I am hoping this will being out of the closet all those who have been in similar situations and felt they could do nothing.

Comment

I wonder where EA actually says that "your" stats belong to you (if you can find something we all agreed to then please prove me wrong, I would happily admit that I’m wrong). It could be said that since all that data actually sits in their databases on their systems that "your" stats belong to them, they own that data (unless otherwise written, which I have not seen).

Now, if EA owns that data, then they can do whatever they like with that data. They may have released a privacy statement saying that they won't release that information to solicitors but they can always choose to remove that information.

It would be extremely hard to prove that the removal of data from a database results in an y defamation of character. Especially since whose character was being called into question? This online fictional character that has no rights in the physical world?

I understand your frustration but when you start talking about suing some company a simple Google search won't cut it in a court of law. EA will cut you down (they have much smarter lawyers then you) and you will have wasted a lot of time and money for nothing.

If you are that unhappy about what they have done then lodge a formal complaint, stop using and buying their products. Lastly, it's a game not real life; don't get your panties in a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by rancid_elf
                              I know but to be honest its like sit back and do nothing...or in a small hope maybe bring it here and get support to open eyes and maybe get some answers from EA..

Surely if EA gets bombarded from users to know why they are resetting stats then maybe EA will start to answer.

EA were slammed for releasing buggy patches so they started a beta patch system.

I am hoping this will being out of the closet all those who have been in similar situations and felt they could do nothing.
                              but thats the thing noone has any answers not even indianscout and no one IMO here is going to bombard EA. have u posted this over at the EA forums b/c usually an EA employee post on that forum he might be able to anwers ur question

Comment

But would it not come under that if a person's life is affected.
                                Ok Mr X only has one thing in his life. He plays online video games and sleeps.

Mr X can no longer play online games because mentally the character assasination from someone has caused him not to be able to continue that life...then surely that defamation of character has affected his life in preventing him from continuing life in the way he is accustomed to and enjoys.

Removing the enjoyment and fun from his life in labeling him as a cheater.

I am not a lawyer so im not exact on details.
                                If he has suffered psychological damage, then he could claim for that. That is theoretical, of course.

But I must comment, that if all a person does is play computer games and sleep, then he had better get a life. A lawyer or a judge, would likely have the same opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X