Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hypocrites.

Originally posted by Dairuka
    You guys will find something about BF2142 that you won't like, and then you'll complain about that.

If theres one thing I've learned about internet communities, it's that people are whiners.
    You know, there are legit problems with apparent bugs in the game (which is WHY the patches are and WHAT the patches should be done for). For example, to this date, jumping and fracking around like a worm screws up the hitboxes, its what I consider an exploit. Needs fixing? Yes. Needs attention? Yes.

What you are referring to, is complaining over gameplay issues, such as force ratios between vehicles and infantry. Blame that on stats and point jealousy. Blame THAT on people. But seriously, if people complain about bugs, dont treat that as "whining".

Patching example from the creators of SWAT4. There was one extreme bug in the game on its 1.0 launch, which I have no fvcking clue how got past beta tests- .45 calibre UMP bug, in which the JHP ammunition for UMP had a mass of 4000 pounds ( I may be factually wrong here, anyway, the mass was bigger than the "real" mass, in thousands of times). So basically, an SMG shot through everyting and killed in one shot. After they fixed that bug, patched some security holes and a few minor bugs, the support for the game stopped.

The game is riddled with minor bugs that are a little irrititing, but the official forums are NOWHERE NEAR what is in TBF2 for example. In fact, the only serious weapon inbalance is "pepper spray" being an ultimate weapon in every situation (Like G-Launchers were pre 1.2), and even that didnt get fixed.

Why? The first reason would be, not necessary, and economically not profitable. So the game ended with 1 patch, fixing ONE serious (there werent others) bug and thats it. They stopped patching the game where it didnt need patching anymore, because every other patch would have created a ton of bugs they wouldnt even know about.

Take back to BF2. ATA and STA gameplay balance patch. NOONE knew that with reduced lock angle for the missiles, the J10s misplacement of heatsource and false hitbox creation would bite everyone in the *** who tried to attack J10 (F18 included). Before 1.2 came along which started a huge gameplay rearrangement, these, which some consider inbalancies, werent considered as bugs.

This is just a stupid rant, but one thing is for sure, the more you change the game you designed, the more you need to change to fix problems caused by "fixing it". Add insufficient beta testing to that, and voila, sh!ts loose.

Comment

um, in 1.4 the dive will be just like that, the delay is when getting back up in both scenarios

Comment

Originally posted by Retuner
        First I don't spam.
        Second if I go prone to crounh, why may not shoot they enemy then.
        there is no spamming involved
        You try getting up or moving to prone without using your hands. You can’t? I see, then why should it be in BF2? Because you are used to it? That's hardly a convincing argument. Prone spamming sucks, you may not do it, but a lot of other people do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
          This is just a stupid rant, but one thing is for sure, the more you change the game you designed, the more you need to change to fix problems caused by "fixing it". Add insufficient beta testing to that, and voila, sh!ts loose.
          I agree with you there.

BF2 is a good game, and there are inherant flaws to it's design. There are also flaws to the changes made in the design, which were intended to fix said flaws. The sad truth is, some patches do cause more problems than they fix. EA isn't the first one to do it, and I highly doubt they'll be the last.

Then again, every single game I can remember playing in my lifetime has had inherant flaws to it's design, and has had major flaws caused by it's own patches. I guess I'm more forgiving, because I'm willing to spend an hour of my time, tweaking my computer to specifically tailor a game that I want to play, that includes downloading mods, or even making my own to fix what I don't like. I guess I'm just more forgiving, because I understand that there will never be a, "Perfect Game."

This is especially true in the world of Personal Computers where everybody's computer is different. Just sit back and hope the next patch is as good as EA says it is.

-----------------

The beautiful thing about the internet is that it allows everybody to express their opinions in an open and unrestrained manner.

The horrifying thing about the internet is that it allows everybody to express their opinions in an open and unrestrained manner.

Comment

I'd just simply remove the ability to go prone mid air, and to add a delay in getting up from prone.

Comment

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
              I'd just simply remove the ability to go prone mid air, and to add a delay in getting up from prone.
              If I were going for a quick fix, I'd prefer to see an Anti-Aircraft ground troop weapon (SAM?) added to the Anti-Tank class. In counter-balance, just give Helicopters and Planes a faster recast on their flares. That way it becomes a game of timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
                If I were going for a quick fix, I'd prefer to see an Anti-Aircraft ground troop weapon (SAM?) added to the Anti-Tank class. In counter-balance, just give Helicopters and Planes a faster recast on their flares. That way it becomes a game of timing.
                And that has to do with DDing.....how?

Yes, make it so you cannot go prone or crouch in midair.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
                  And that has to do with DDing.....how?

Yes, make it so you cannot go prone or crouch in midair.
                  Nothing, I just wanted to fit in.

They really should just make it so you can't jump unless you have 1/2 of your stamina, because people will still bunny hop to avoid gun fire, and people will still whine about bunny hopping (A weaker form of Dolphin Diving, thus it is relevant.), even after your proposed changes.

Comment

Working...
                  X