Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will 1.4 make SF more stable?

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
    You have a good machine. I have a good machine. The other 50,000 guys playing BF2 every night have good machines.

But it won't make a bit of difference. Know why? The code is broken.

Plain and simple: BF2 is built with broken code, and your nice machine can't fix that. Nobody's can.

BF2 was released before it was finished, and it's been patched and patched by contract developers or low-level programmers into an increasingly buggy, laggy, glitchy state since then.

BF2 is like a tree that's been cut down, but still has green leaves. It's dead, but the branches haven't received the message yet. Wait til Christmas, and you'll see what I mean.

I love BF2, but it was doomed from the start.
    Wow you paint such a somber picture, but I bet you have invested/wasted a huge amount of time enjoying and playing this turd of a game. It has its issues, but none (other than the server instability with 1.3) have made the game unplayable. Each patch has fixed stuff and altered gameplay, but none worthy of stopping me from playing. SF runs much better today than when it first came out. I had stopped playing SF before the TOW vehicle crash, so I haven't had many issues with the patches related to SF play. I haven't agreed with all the changes, but have adapted and continued to enjoy it. Like I said the only thing I have gotten frustrated with is the server crashes. Nerfing stuff doesn't matter in the long run as most people move on and forget the way it was. The only thing I miss is being a BH whore on Mashtur. Man that was a killing machine...

I have only recently come back to SF after a few months away and rediscovered my love of this game. I anticipate many more hours wasted in SF trying to finish off the last of the medals (4 left I think) and a ribbon.

Comment

I installed speedfan and here's the voltages it's giving me right now at idle(default: measured):
      +3.3V: 3.31V
      +5V: 5.11
      +12V: 11.55V
      -12V: -7.01V (Those can't possibly be good, could they? maybe my PSU is finally going)
      -5V: -3.89V
      +5VVSB: 5.62V
      VBAT: 3.0V

I don't think that -7.0v is very good. Could it be a sign to get a new power supply? especially if it's suppose to read someplace near -12V?

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye313
        I installed speedfan and here's the voltages it's giving me right now at idle(default: measured):
        +3.3V: 3.31V
        +5V: 5.11
        +12V: 11.55V
        -12V: -7.01V (Those can't possibly be good, could they? maybe my PSU is finally going)
        -5V: -3.89V
        +5VVSB: 5.62V
        VBAT: 3.0V

I don't think that -7.0v is very good. Could it be a sign to get a new power supply? especially if it's suppose to read someplace near -12V?
        the +12v is what would worry me. why are you posting in this thread? post in the tech center as a new thread and you will get more/better answers.

Comment

I posted here because I started the thread thinking it was coding that was causing the game to freeze but it has frozen on another game I have, Lock On, a modern combat fighter simulator. so now i thiought it was the PSU so i'm just trying to keep t to one thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye313
            Well, i don't see any other threads in here about 1.4 so I thought i'd ask here because this is specific to Special Forces.

Randomly (usually happens when I'm playing for a couple hours), I get the freeze where I have to hit the restart button and was wondering if 1.4 was finally going to address this, and the lag issue some of us have with some servers. I read in this thread on the BF2 vanilla section it said they increase client stability and fixed "several rare graphics crashes".

Anyone who tested the beta, did they let you try SF and did it stop the stupid random crash thing?

If anyone knows another fix, here's my PC specs. I designed and built it myself for only $800.

Athlon 3500+ Venice (overclocked to 2.4. heat's fine on everything GFX card doesn't top 75C playing SF so that can't be it)
            Geforce 6600GT
            2GB corsair RAM
            7200RPM 160GB Samsung SATA HD
            Dynex CDRW/DVD-ROM drive (broke the CD reader on my other, OEM NEC CD/DVD reader/writer Burner)

thanks for the help, guys, I hope they fixed it, I love this game but if it keeps happening I might go back to the more stable Vanilla.

Oh, BTW, I run on the default high settings. I just turn the resolution up to 1024X768x70Hz cause that gives me the smoothest gameplay. And I just reinstalled both games, didn't get to play yet, maybe the problem went away during the reinstall. One could only pray at this point.

If DICE ever fixes this game it'll be a mircle. However I doubt they could stay up in the air long enough in the chopper to even see the lag issue first hand. Which is well known. How someone such as DICE can release a game as buggy as this is beyond me. Its sad because 2142 is the same ****. CTD's, Server crashes, and heh what do you know choppers that have marshmellow missiles, that and the bright gamma.

If DICE fixes the SF helicopter lag I'll be happy. Until then they are money hungry crap developers. BF2 is by far the buggiest game ever. I've never once played a game even ones in BETA are more stable then this. Heh POE2 is less buggier then when BF2 was released, and is actually more stable then BF2 right now in its current form. What you know a group of moders can code better then DICE.

Comment

hell i cant play any SAS maps in Sf in single player cuz it'll crash

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. GMEM
                never had trouble with both games.. useless patches..
                patches with new maps are always welcome...
                so why not a new map for SF?? we already are so short on maps in SF!
                Yeah. A Jalalabad prequel would be cool, a clash of recon units or something. Maybe different time of day like dusk.

Comment

You have a good machine. I have a good machine. The other 50,000 guys playing BF2 every night have good machines.

Plain and simple: BF2 is built with broken code, and your nice machine can't fix that. Nobody's can.

BF2 was released before it was finished, and it's been patched and patched by contract developers or low-level programmers into an increasingly buggy, laggy, glitchy state since then.

BF2 is like a tree that's been cut down, but still has green leaves. It's dead, but the branches haven't received the message yet. Wait til Christmas, and you'll see what I mean.

I hate to say it, but you're right..

Comment

maybe when it come out

Comment

Patch is out, I guess we will find out what changes have an affect for SF.

Comment

You deserve a ****in medal my friend. Couldn't have said it better myself.
                        Whether or not DICE is aware of this is beyond me, but perhaps someone should call them up and have a chat so they can start ****-canning those sad excuses for coders.

The SF HIND lag bug on Surge has been in existance since the release of SF, and any patch has even yet to ACKNOWLEDGE the problem, much less fix it. Hell, DICE lacks the ability to fix the red-tag bug, much less something as complex as a ****up on rendering on a particular map. That would be like asking a first grader to solve a few calculus functions. It simply won't happen.

DICE, put down the hot choclate mother****ers, and go back to gradeschool,- methinks you missed a few points here and there. Come back when you've been re-edumacated

Comment

1.4 seems more stable. I played Mass Destruction and Surge last night with no crashes! My perception is that the "Join Game" bug is fixed. I hear an annoying one-time pop sound now though. I still saw a bugged partial class/weapons list but only once.

They have not fixed the limit on the number of ribbons that are displayed in BFHQ. Seeing as how SF seems to be abandoned by EA, I doubt if it will be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                          X