Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I doing badly?

You are doing fine.
    Sniper, Lone Wolf, (yeah, I am with you...), try other maps. Sharqi, instead of Karkand. Or the more "wider" ones like Oman and Wake. Find low ping servers. For you it should be a Norwegian, Scandinavian or British one.
    But you should also get the feel for playing in squads. It can be very rewarding. Use kits that is needed in the squad.

Have fun! That is the main ting.
    Good luck, mate!

Comment

You have come to this game late and are playing Strike at Karkand against people who have played hundreds or even thousands of hours on that map - give yourself a break.

Stop playing sniper - any other kit will be better. If engy get in a vehicle,set mines, chuck grenades and get in CQC with the shotty; if medic or support drop those bags, if spec ops blow up the equip or set c4 traps (set c4 on the sides of the river ramps and wait for a vehicle, or around a flag and wait); if AT get up on the roofs and shhot tanks or get into CQC with the shotty; as assault get up high and use the grenade launcher (it may have been nerfed but is still lethal).

Don't waste your unlocks on the sniper guns.

Squad up.

Let the action come to you, set ambushes - watch out for the enemy UAV though.

Comment

All these guys have the answers, have fun, stop being sniper, be support roles. another thing another guy said was your accuracy is down. well go to single player and work on head shooting. at range use single, I don't know how many guys I have taken out doing that. (it is especially fun doing it to snipers.) sorry no offense. when your accuracy goes up and things look better go back to try the sniper. You will be pleasently surprised.

Comment

I looked at my stats and I saw that my accuracy with sniper was 34% while the medic weapon was waaay lower. And you cant say I should both have fun and stop playing a sniper because I do think its fun playing a sniper. And I love strike at karkand, I like playing maps over and over until I know every tiny bit of it.

Comment

Originally posted by invisible_elf
            I looked at my stats and I saw that my accuracy with sniper was 34% while the medic weapon was waaay lower. And you cant say I should both have fun and stop playing a sniper because I do think its fun playing a sniper. And I love strike at karkand, I like playing maps over and over until I know every tiny bit of it.
            1. Every 1 has higher accuracy w/ the sniper rifle, what I am curious about is what are you getting killed w/ the most, sniper?, arty?, armour?

2. Every 1 gets pwned in ther first online FPS, you will get better, think of BF2 as your "basic training game", & when BF 2142 comes out you will be ready for war

3. Play ALL the kits, switching to the best kit for the situation as they arise, to me that means making sure your weapon has enough range to kill in the open ground between you, & your next objective

4. Stay out of "killin' zones", & death traps (the middle of the fight where the arty usually falls, the middle of the road where you run into armour, & the usual sniper firing lanes)

5. Join squads, follow them, & learn the their techiniques, support them w/ health, & ammo, & they will help you stay alive

6. Get on Team Speak, & make friends, they will show you the ropes

7. I see you are not making kills w/ the light machine gun, are you going prone, & zooming?, they are notoriously inaccurate if you don't

I don't think I started out any better than you, but I have come along way baby, the only difference is I started this game when it first came out, it has turned so ghey, that if I started now I don't know if I would have "stuck it out" long enough to get over the "learning curve"

ps. Go to Moders Karkand @ 4:00p.m. est, join their TS, I will introduce you to "the guys", my boys & I will watch your back personally for a round or 2, & see if we can help you get "on track"

btw. "bling-bling" is 99% for "braggin' rights", only a necessity if you want to be a general

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace

Comment

Originally posted by Oxy
              yes they r bad

really bad

probably some of the worst ive seen imo

Dont listen to Jerks like this guy.............................
              We were all n00bs once..........................

Comment

Originally posted by [USEF]PaWg
                Dont listen to Jerks like this guy.............................
                We were all n00bs once..........................
                I wasnt, I was born ready!!! Born to kill!!! :evil: :laugh:

I strongly suggest you play SNIPER first, as this will be the best kit to learn the map, and train situational awareness. Sniper is also the kit that you dont have to develop an overly complicated shooting technique first.

Comment

Originally posted by SERIALBUTCHER
                  1. Every 1 has higher accuracy w/ the sniper rifle, what I am curious about is what are you getting killed w/ the most, sniper?, arty?, armour?

2. Every 1 gets pwned in ther first online FPS, you will get better, think of BF2 as your "basic training game", & when BF 2142 comes out you will be ready for war

3. Play ALL the kits, switching to the best kit for the situation as they arise, to me that means making sure your weapon has enough range to kill in the open ground between you, & your next objective

4. Stay out of "killin' zones", & death traps (the middle of the fight where the arty usually falls, the middle of the road where you run into armour, & the usual sniper firing lanes)

5. Join squads, follow them, & learn the their techiniques, support them w/ health, & ammo, & they will help you stay alive

6. Get on Team Speak, & make friends, they will show you the ropes

7. I see you are not making kills w/ the light machine gun, are you going prone, & zooming?, they are notoriously inaccurate if you don't

I don't think I started out any better than you, but I have come along way baby, the only difference is I started this game when it first came out, it has turned so ghey, that if I started now I don't know if I would have "stuck it out" long enough to get over the "learning curve"

ps. Go to Moders Karkand @ 4:00p.m. est, join their TS, I will introduce you to "the guys", my boys & I will watch your back personally for a round or 2, & see if we can help you get "on track"

btw. "bling-bling" is 99% for "braggin' rights", only a necessity if you want to be a general

Lieutenant General |SI|SERIALBUTCHER

peace
                  Im mostly killed by infantery since I suck one vs one at close range. I dont get killed too often by artillery, usually 1-3 times every round.

About BF 2142 I havent read much about it but the graphics will be much higgher than BF2? Then I wont play it when its released at least because my computer is not too good, Im laggy on the biggest maps on BF2 and I have all the graphics on low.

I could join the TS but theres not much point since I dont have a headset yet, but Im planning to buy it very soon.

Comment

Your stats are fine but perhapse you should change your name from "invisible_elf" to "stick out like a soar thumb_elf" the whole (invisible) thing just isnt working for you.....
                    jk....

Don't sweat the stats just work on killing more that you die, your scores will improve dramatically when that happens, also if your just starting out your going to have a tough go because most people playing are BF vets that are very seasoned players. Find a good server stay there and make some friends with the regulars they will help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoose
                      YFor you it should be a Norwegian, Scandinavian or British one.
                      i just have to contribute to the thread :P

Why did you separate norway from scandinavia?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake
                        Your stats are fine but perhapse you should change your name from "invisible_elf" to "stick out like a soar thumb_elf" the whole (invisible) thing just isnt working for you.....
                        jk....

Don't sweat the stats just work on killing more that you die, your scores will improve dramatically when that happens, also if your just starting out your going to have a tough go because most people playing are BF vets that are very seasoned players. Find a good server stay there and make some friends with the regulars they will help you out.
                        Hehe about my name, I know it doesnt really fit in the game but I have used it in so many games and so many forums that I would like that people recognize it when they see it

Comment

Working...
                        X