Patch Whiners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch Whiners

so what was the point of having to open beta tests?

Comment

Originally posted by BioDiaperX
      True, but do you want the mess or the cleaned up version?
      All I want is a hot fix for the crashing... If they provided that I would be willing to wait a lifetime for the official patch.

When they patched BF42 to 1.6 it was only a short time before they released a hot fix for an exploit, although not a great thing to have in a game, it didn't affect a majority of the community's ability to play (Server crashes, CTDs).

This patch has taken them months to be ready to releae. EA/Dice claims they have fixed the crash issues. If that is the case release that part of code as a hotfix so that people who PAY to have ranked servers can actually have a stable platform, instead of empty machines. Release the rest of the patch when it is well tested, and I mean completely bug free, and ready.

I know... I want my cake and to eat it to... But I should be able to demand that, I paid for that cake and all of it's supposed icing, which tastes more like plastic the more I am stuck with 1.4.

Comment

This one goes out to all those who are whining about the delay in the patch release. . .

ITS A GOOD THING!

It means that EA/DICE realize that the patch is not ready to be released yet, and they're tweaking it to make it better. Would you rather have another rushed release? Another 1.3 all over again? I know I wouldn't want that. so be patient, and remember that they're doing us a favor by releasing it later.

Peace out.
        Im not whining about this patch.. actually Im not even looking forward to it.

But, I guarantee you NOBODY has any defense against the fact that its
        taken them A WHOLE YEAR to even get this far with their bugs, exploits,
        etc etc.

When EA uses the word 'PATCH' unplug your pc from the wall, yank the
        coax from the cable modem, shut the power off to your house at the
        fuse box, and hide under your bed.

Comment

Originally posted by parish
          Who cares?... How about we all give it a rest and actually wait to see what happens for a change instead of beating a dead horse?
          First off I care Parish. I care alot. I love the game. I love the community, (except for hackers, stat padders, and 12 year old smack talkers.)

Secondly for some, It would be easy to give it a rest if there was a stable game to play. As for the rst of your post I agree 100%. Just my to cents.. Flame away.

Comment

omfg, did that guy say 'wait and see'

I been waiting a year for bug fixes, how about you..

How long should we wait.. ?? Until BF99 comes out ?

hahahahahahaha...man, some people..

Ive bought hundreds of games in my time, never have I seen one
            this UNSUPPORTED.

But they got time to release exp packs every 2 months eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-C}{G-
              First off I care Parish. I care alot. I love the game. I love the community, (except for hackers, stat padders, and 12 year old smack talkers.)

Secondly for some, It would be easy to give it a rest if there was a stable game to play. As for the rst of your post I agree 100%. Just my to cents.. Flame away.
              I care as well to be honest. I am just tired of hearing about when it "might" be out and what it "might" do good or bad. I want it to come out as bad as the rest of you, I am simply tired of thinking about it and everywhere I look is yet another thread discussing it. To that end I thank whatever admin hopped on earlier to day and locked and removed about a dozen threads on the subject.

It's the same story every time wiht the patches. It sucks because in truth the game was less messed up in the beginning than it is now in some respects. I didn't hate the BH minigun. I didn't really care about dolphin divers. Never really hated bunny hoppers. The things I wanted repaired were the last ones to be dealt with. Crashes, red bug etc. Those were and are the real game glitches in my mind.

Originally posted by SLR
              omfg, did that guy say 'wait and see'

I been waiting a year for bug fixes, how about you..

How long should we wait.. ?? Until BF99 comes out ?

hahahahahahaha...man, some people..

Ive bought hundreds of games in my time, never have I seen one
              this UNSUPPORTED.

But they got time to release exp packs every 2 months eh?
              Yeah, that's what I said. I have been playing since day one. I have been waiting for fixes as well. It does not change the fact I am tired of peole like you whining to the rest of us about it. Why don't you pick up a phone and call EA? Maybe they can help you. Call someone who can do something about the problem instead of wasting space in a thread trying to point out how crazy you think I am for what I said. I would bet a bunch of the others are tired of hearing about it as well. Some of us don't really freak out about it like others. We just wait and when it happens, it happens.

Comment

This one goes out to all those who are whining about the delay in the patch release. . .

ITS A GOOD THING!

It means that EA/DICE realize that the patch is not ready to be released yet, and they're tweaking it to make it better. Would you rather have another rushed release? Another 1.3 all over again? I know I wouldn't want that. so be patient, and remember that they're doing us a favor by releasing it later.

Peace out.
                I don't really care if the patch takes long
                I'm with you, no more whinning from me
                I should be happy for the game we got now

Comment

This thread's title could have been better stated to be less flame-baitish, but I agree with the point made.

I'd rather wait a week for a polished patch than to wait for 3 weeks for a hotfix.

Folks should be supporting higher production standards from EA/Dice, not freaking out over a minor delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                    This thread's title could have been better stated to be less flame-baitish, but I agree with the point made.

I'd rather wait a week for a polished patch than to wait for 3 weeks for a hotfix.

Folks should be supporting higher production standards from EA/Dice, not freaking out over a minor delay.
                    Roger that! We can wait a week longer

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                      Sorry 'bout that, I just didn't want to make another generic patch thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattc0m
                        You seriously believe delays are a good thing? You think only finding a bug the DAY BEFORE the patch released is "a good thing"? It's EA being sloppy, and trying to recover from their mistakes. Don't think that EA is making any sort of magical improves - all their doing is cleaning up their mess.
                        You mean trying to clean up there mess, making IO mode made a bigger mess

Comment

Sorry 'bout that, I just didn't want to make another generic patch thread.
                          No biggy... it's just that we've seen many threads along the lines of "STFU whiners" here at TBF2.

The majority of people who are bent all out of shape over the delay simply don't understand what's involved. Labeling them all "whiners" is just going to make 'em hostile.

A better title might have been "Why the delay is a GOOD thing" or something along those lines. Ya know, less namecalling, more information. That would have subverted any/all the "whining about whining" comments.

Comment

This will be my last post in this thread.

I come from this little country where the freedom to stand up and make your voice heard is still a freedom we have. This is especially true when your have been treated poorly or have been a victim of a crime. Maybe you have heard of this country? It’s called the United States of America. I know that not all countries have this freedom and some of these countries don’t want this freedom. Never-the-less it is a freedom we have here where I live.

With this freedom comes the right to exercise it, within the extent of the law. People have the right to voice their opinion in these forums as long as it is related to the topic at hand. Who are you, or I, to tell them they can’t? Doing so is attempting to oppress said freedom and that my friend is fascism. Are you a fascist? I know I’m not.

Many people have no other outlet to express their disdain for the way EA is treating not only them as an individual, but the community as a hole. For many, their only other option might be to go their local fast food chain, school, post office, shopping center or EA’s headquarters and turn a game into a real life drama (That is not a recommended action and is not condoned by this author). I believe that, for everyone in the world, posting a little, albeit justified, complaint in a public forum that is dedicated to the topic is a healthier alternative.

If people are still feeling compelled to complain after nearly three months of issues without results, then there must still be something to complain about. Do people complain when they are satisfied? No. On the other end, you cannot satisfy all the people all the time. These types of forums will always be filled with complaints. The only to stop the complainers is to completely censor or shut down the forums. But people will always find another way to make their voice heard. That is a cost of this freedom.

If you are really truly unhappy with EA/Dice, make your voice heard. EA won’t listen to your voice in these, or any other, forums. EA won’t listen to your voice in emails to them. EA’s ears hear only one frequency… $$. So, if you are truly unhappy with the way EA has treated you, make your voice heard through your wallet or start a class action law suit if that is your bag. Otherwise you are simply wasting your time.

Post your complaints freely. Post them according to the rules of the forum you are posting in. This is always better than the alternative.

If you are tired of reading posts about EA, BF2 and 1.4 or complaints in general, you have an option. Read the thread title before clicking on the link to read content of the thread. Make sure to look for words like EA, BF2, 1.4, patch, sucks, hate, **** (always my favorite filter), BH, bug, bugs… I think you get the point. But just in case, when you see these words in a topic, don’t click the link.

You have the right to not read a forum post. You also have the right the read it as well as respond to it. But when you post a complaint about all the complaints and you tell them to shut up, drop it or quit whining, well then that makes you a hypocrite as well as a complainer/whiner.

The choice, as always, is your’s.

Radar

Comment

who's whining??

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-C}{G-
                                This will be my last post in this thread.

I come from this little country where the freedom to stand up and make your voice heard is still a freedom we have. This is especially true when your have been treated poorly or have been a victim of a crime. Maybe you have heard of this country? It’s called the United States of America. I know that not all countries have this freedom and some of these countries don’t want this freedom. Never-the-less it is a freedom we have here where I live.

With this freedom comes the right to exercise it, within the extent of the law. People have the right to voice their opinion in these forums as long as it is related to the topic at hand. Who are you, or I, to tell them they can’t? Doing so is attempting to oppress said freedom and that my friend is fascism. Are you a fascist? I know I’m not.

Many people have no other outlet to express their disdain for the way EA is treating not only them as an individual, but the community as a hole. For many, their only other option might be to go their local fast food chain, school, post office, shopping center or EA’s headquarters and turn a game into a real life drama (That is not a recommended action and is not condoned by this author). I believe that, for everyone in the world, posting a little, albeit justified, complaint in a public forum that is dedicated to the topic is a healthier alternative.

If people are still feeling compelled to complain after nearly three months of issues without results, then there must still be something to complain about. Do people complain when they are satisfied? No. On the other end, you cannot satisfy all the people all the time. These types of forums will always be filled with complaints. The only to stop the complainers is to completely censor or shut down the forums. But people will always find another way to make their voice heard. That is a cost of this freedom.

If you are really truly unhappy with EA/Dice, make your voice heard. EA won’t listen to your voice in these, or any other, forums. EA won’t listen to your voice in emails to them. EA’s ears hear only one frequency… $$. So, if you are truly unhappy with the way EA has treated you, make your voice heard through your wallet or start a class action law suit if that is your bag. Otherwise you are simply wasting your time.

Post your complaints freely. Post them according to the rules of the forum you are posting in. This is always better than the alternative.

If you are tired of reading posts about EA, BF2 and 1.4 or complaints in general, you have an option. Read the thread title before clicking on the link to read content of the thread. Make sure to look for words like EA, BF2, 1.4, patch, sucks, hate, **** (always my favorite filter), BH, bug, bugs… I think you get the point. But just in case, when you see these words in a topic, don’t click the link.

You have the right to not read a forum post. You also have the right the read it as well as respond to it. But when you post a complaint about all the complaints and you tell them to shut up, drop it or quit whining, well then that makes you a hypocrite as well as a complainer/whiner.

The choice, as always, is your’s.

Radar
                                That was the Best Post I have ever read, Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X