• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: @ Indianscout, about ROE

Originally posted by DooDaH
    So I have to aks again...

"May a ranked server admin enforce a rule of no solo chopper..?"

(if no-one wants to gun on my team)

Couse now I might tell the admin (on the other side) noone wants to gun, and still get kicked for teamhindering..?

Be clear about this indianscout...

It's either a yes or a no...

He answered your original question correctly because you added "(if no-one wants to gun on my team)"

He also answered whether or not a person soloing is hindering their team. Yes they are because they don't have a gunner. ie they aren't using the chain guns to effectively kill infantry. They aren't using the heli to its full capabilities, thereby hindering their team compared to a heli and copilot.

Comment

ahahaahahah. first he answered yes then he changed it to no? gj

Comment

Originally posted by DooDaH
        So I have to aks again...

"May a ranked server admin enforce a rule of no solo chopper..?"

(if no-one wants to gun on my team)

Couse now I might tell the admin (on the other side) noone wants to gun, and still get kicked for teamhindering..?

Be clear about this indianscout...

It's either a yes or a no...

Thats the point, there IS NO Yes or No answer....welcome to the ambiguity of the RoE my freind.

Comment

Originally posted by thecolorpink
          ahahaahahah. first he answered yes then he changed it to no? gj
          No he didn't...it was two different questions, how about reading carefully before posting.

He editted his post.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
            He also answered whether or not a person soloing is hindering their team. Yes they are because they don't have a gunner. ie they aren't using the chain guns to effectively kill infantry. They aren't using the heli to its full capabilities, thereby hindering their team compared to a heli and copilot.
            I dont like this only because you could say that since someone took off in a jeep by themselves, they should get kicked cause no one is manning the machinegun.

Or, how about a tank. No machine gunner? Team hinderance? If you say no, cause the main gun is taking out the enemy then the same can be said about the solo helo.

The reason of "team hinderance" for a solo pilot does not stand ground IMO.

Now if the solo pilot tks to take the helo alone or if he takes out the gunner by moving out-of-balance, then "YES" this is team hinderance.

Comment

Re: @ Indian scout, about ROE

ou cant limit class or weapons so yes that rule is a violation of the ROE
              then just 10 minutes later

would flying solo in a helo be considered hindering your team?? I would say yes because you are keeping a team mate from using the gunners seat..
              no wonder the community has a hard time with the ROE
              even the experts have no clue

BTW
              we kick solo pilots all the time
              except when server is a bit empty and there are not enough players to fill all the seats

and the OP says he can't find a gunner?
              must not be looking very hard

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                BTW
                we kick solo pilots "all the time"
                "except" when server is a bit empty and there are not enough players to fill all the seats
                Which is it? "All the time" (which means no exceptions) or "Most of the time" (which includes exceptions)?

I'm asking because a lot of the posts here point out just such issues even within the ROE and the reading/understanding of it.

Comment

It's called a grey area and open to interpretation...........

Same could be said for jeeps, APC's and Tanks etc etc etc.

Common sense should prevail

Comment

Is this how gay it is now on this site?

:cry:

Comment

I say it's not a violation because 1. It's pretty hard to use your chaingun when the chopper is spinning in circles and 2. Solo pilots are dumb.

If you try to apply this to other vehicles I will say this: Vodnik: is MG used to kill infantry? No, the Vodnik is most often used for transport, and the MG is not essential to "transporting to it's full capabilities" as in it does NOT give you another seat to put a soldier in. You could say the same thing with tanks.

However with a chopper, it is ESSENTIAL that you get people on that chaingun. TV's and rockets can pretty much only kill tanks. By solo flying you are not allowing the chopper to be used to kill infantry. The chaingun is just going to sit empty and cool, when it could be mowing down the infantry.

Comment

i think it is kind of but if the admin is kicking you because nobody wants to be gunner then that is just dumb and i would tell the admin to shut up... lol then get banned

Comment

i agree.......there is 'grey area'......it really depends on the circumstances surrounding the particular instance....

why would anyone be allowed to kick a person because they are the only one on their team who wants to fly?......this is obsurd.......ive died many times trying to get people to gun for me....its not worth it sometimes....

i fly sometimes because i dont want the enemy stealing our heli, and destroying our team with it....i think by forcing people not to fly without a gunner is more of a hinderence in this sense as well....not to mention the effectiveness of a decent pilot, even when flying alone, and not seat switching

i think if you are going to solo-pilot, you are obligated to be a squad leader of an UNLOCKED squad, and must pick up ANYONE who requests a ride.....thats what i do (ive never been yelled at for soloing).......i also dont seat-switch, unless i am up against a skilled pilot with gunner......

think about both sides of the debate.....if you teamkill, force OoB punish, or ignore a teamates request for a ride, you are violating the ROE, by teamkilling, and hindering your team (no new issues here not already covered in the ROE)........i think this only applies to admin, but ur also limmiting the use of vehicles for atleast one teamate everytime you take off without them (when they are requesting a ride, and a seat is available)

for an admin to kick you for soloing is also in violation of the ROE as it is limmitting your function in the game....

i think if they remove seatswitching, and forced OoB punish, this will be a non-issue (as it is for me now).......

its foolish to set forth universal rules for an issue with so many grey areas and variables......the ROE would have to get into detail and be real specific, perhaps dedicating an entire section to solo choppering

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                            then just 10 minutes later

no wonder the community has a hard time with the ROE
                            even the experts have no clue

BTW
                            we kick solo pilots all the time
                            except when server is a bit empty and there are not enough players to fill all the seats

and the OP says he can't find a gunner?
                            must not be looking very hard
                            I answered both questions correctly..

1 you cant limit class, kit or vehicle..

by not allowing a player into the gunners seat you are in fact limiting weapon or class..

just because some pilots think they can exploit a seat switch and be better than having a dedicated gunner doesnt make it right..

it's still against the ROE ..

Comment

Originally posted by Jumintiger
                              I say it's not a violation because 1. It's pretty hard to use your chaingun when the chopper is spinning in circles and 2. Solo pilots are dumb.

If you try to apply this to other vehicles I will say this: Vodnik: is MG used to kill infantry? No, the Vodnik is most often used for transport, and the MG is not essential to "transporting to it's full capabilities" as in it does NOT give you another seat to put a soldier in. You could say the same thing with tanks.

However with a chopper, it is ESSENTIAL that you get people on that chaingun. TV's and rockets can pretty much only kill tanks. By solo flying you are not allowing the chopper to be used to kill infantry. The chaingun is just going to sit empty and cool, when it could be mowing down the infantry.
                              Soloing takes skill, period.

A Vodnik's MG can/is/should be used to kill infantry and anytime that you're driving around, someone could/should be manning the gun looking out for the enemy, period.

The chaingun on the chopper should be looked at like the gunner position on a tank or Vodnik. It would be nice to have someone manning/using the gun and keeping a lookout, BUT, it's not necessary for the chopper to do it's job when a skilled solo pilot, who can use the TV, is flying, period.

The TV missiles and dumbfire rockets can kill/destroy ANY aircraft, vehicle or infantryman on the battlefield, period.

Yes, I threw in a few periods here. I did so because it's really quite useless, pointless and otherwise stupid to argue against logic and facts.

Period.

If, according to the ROE, it's against the rules for a chopper pilot to solo and not pickup a gunner, then it should be against the ROE for a boat, bomber, tank or jeep to drive/fly off with only one person onboard, especially when there are other people wanting or needing a ride.

Oh, and it should be against the rules to switch seats in ANY of these vehicles in order to use any of the weapons systems they carry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandred
                                Is this how gay it is now on this site?

:cry:
                                There are several BF2 sites out there, go to a less "gay" one. Same for servers that have rules, if you don't like rules, find a server that doesn't have any rules. No one is forcing you to do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X