Battlefield 3, the MMOFPS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3, the MMOFPS.

I would love it to be like WW3 or something, in which the weapons used are neither sci-fi or modern something like 30-40 years from now that would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by HIV
      I would love it to be like WW3 or something, in which the weapons used are neither sci-fi or modern something like 30-40 years from now that would be nice.
      i'll give u 20 years

Comment

Sorry but I don't want to see that or think about that. BF series is my favourite FPS series and I don't want them to make my accuracy, skill,...etc. depend on some stupid skill points.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
          I would love it if it was WW2 and I could get in a massive dogfight in a Spit over London, 500 guys in A/C screaming all over the place. Hells yeah!

maybe not flying but certainly heading in the general direction of the mmmfps or whatever it is --> http://www.1944d-day.com/

Comment

Would we have to raid to get phat lewtz? Anyhow, World of Starcraft is going to be the closest thing you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Xantos
              Sorry but I don't want to see that or think about that. BF series is my favourite FPS series and I don't want them to make my accuracy, skill,...etc. depend on some stupid skill points.
              You clearly never played Planetside.

As a player gains battlefield experience from killing enemies, destroying vehicles and capturing bases, they increase in "Battle Rank". Each new "Battle Rank" is rewarded with a single "Certification point". You can spend your certification points on additional weapon groups and armor configurations. ALso, you can spend cert points on vehicles.

Say, I'm Battle Rank 6. That means I've got 2 cert points from when I started and 6 additional ones. 8 cert points. I could spend 3 on Heavy armor if I want to be a ground-pounder, 2 on a light vehicle certification and 3 more on Heavy Assault (weapons).

The combat interface does not change as you "level up", nor does your accuracy, hit points or anything else like that. If you spend cert points on Sniping, you get access to the sniper rifle, if you spend cert points on armor, you get access to heavy battle tanks, if you spend cert points on medium assault, you get access to an array of assault rifles and like weapons.

You dont get to spend points in "accuracy" of build up atributes like "Agility" and "Strength". The combat and character development is pure FPS learning curve. A level 1 newb with tight FPS skills has every chance of killing a level 20, his choice of weapons is just narrower. It's basically just like BF2 but in a persistent world with maps that are 10 times as big with teams of 300 instead of 32.

Comment

That sounds so bad ***. I want it now!

Comment

Ufff it's probably a very good idea for hardcore gamers... but i'm afraid that 6 hours a week players as me wouldn't like this... we would be in great disadvantage.

In Bf2 the unlocks give you more tools to play, but it doesn't give you so much advantage over players without unlocks. With a MMORPH that would change dramaticly (sorry, i'm native spanish).

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                    You clearly never played Planetside.

As a player gains battlefield experience from killing enemies, destroying vehicles and capturing bases, they increase in "Battle Rank". Each new "Battle Rank" is rewarded with a single "Certification point". You can spend your certification points on additional weapon groups and armor configurations. ALso, you can spend cert points on vehicles.

Say, I'm Battle Rank 6. That means I've got 2 cert points from when I started and 6 additional ones. 8 cert points. I could spend 3 on Heavy armor if I want to be a ground-pounder, 2 on a light vehicle certification and 3 more on Heavy Assault (weapons).

The combat interface does not change as you "level up", nor does your accuracy, hit points or anything else like that. If you spend cert points on Sniping, you get access to the sniper rifle, if you spend cert points on armor, you get access to heavy battle tanks, if you spend cert points on medium assault, you get access to an array of assault rifles and like weapons.

You dont get to spend points in "accuracy" of build up atributes like "Agility" and "Strength". The combat and character development is pure FPS learning curve. A level 1 newb with tight FPS skills has every chance of killing a level 20, his choice of weapons is just narrower. It's basically just like BF2 but in a persistent world with maps that are 10 times as big with teams of 300 instead of 32.
                    Holy crap! I was thinking that this thing could be too addictive with no actual reason. But this actually sounds extremely awesome!

Comment

Would you pay $10/month to play it? That's the hurdle that most people struggle with. The server farms and hardware maintenance on a system that big cost a fair amount of money and any game with "MMO" in the name generally have some form of subscription fees.

I know I'd pay it, I have in the past.

BzA
                      BR20 CR5
                      Retired Leader of GOTR
                      VS: Emerald

I miss it so...

Originally posted by jodoanyore
                      Ufff it's probably a very good idea for hardcore gamers... but i'm afraid that 6 hours a week players as me wouldn't like this... we would be in great disadvantage.

In Bf2 the unlocks give you more tools to play, but it doesn't give you so much advantage over players without unlocks. With a MMORPH that would change dramaticly (sorry, i'm native spanish).
                      You really wouldnt be at any disadvantage the way I see it.

Your first few "levels" come pretty quick. You'd have 10 cert points to spend before you know it. You could get an aircraft certification, a land vehicle certification and a couple weapon certifications and you could be a very formitable enemy.

Besides, as you go, your progress is saved on their servers so you are always building on your past experience.

Its an awesome system that EA/Dice could springboard off of.

I think its really cool that so many people enjoy the concept.

Comment

I guess I would have to pony up the $$ if this ever happend, I would like to see it start back in WW2 though, and fight for control of eroupe and eventually add the pacific, the WW3 option would be a close second followed by a 2142 type war, but maybe not that far into the future something like 2042.

Comment

The should just remake BF1942 but 500x better and bigger
                          100 different vehicals
                          100's of different weapons
                          1000's of other items
                          That would be the best game ever.
                          only need like 3 maps, a map of western europe, the pacific and russia

and make it with as good of grafics as the BF1942 intro movie(almost crysis)
                          that would sell like furbys

Comment

Oh God, please no

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy40
                              Oh God, please no
                              any reason for that objection or do you just fear the "MMO" label?

Comment

WWIIonline tried this and failed miserably... But thats all you can expect from backyard Dev's.. Huxley is an upcoming MMOFPS, but it uses the unreal 3 engine, So i am a little reserved about it but, Like you, I have always had that same dream, it just hasn't happened yet... GTA MMOFPS is also something i wanna see, but i fear it will be 5 years or so before we see anything like that..Oh well

Comment

Working...
                                X