Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Define baserape when engaging choppers/aircrafts

Or more precise

When is it OK to engage hostile choppers or aircrafts?

When somone jumps in to chopper / aircraft?
    When chopper / aircraft takes off (driving on runway)?
    When chopper / aircraft becomes airborn (wheels off ground)?
    When chopper / aircraft refuels or resupplies(i.e. have been in battle)?
    When chopper / aircraft flies(cowardly) back main base in an attempt to save his life?
    When chopper / aircraft leaves main base area? If this is the case then please define main base area? A staight line between all buildings(?) or is it a staight line between all buildings plus 50 feet on some maps and 100 feet on others?

/Yoshi

PS Just woundering, have not had any experience in this
    DS

Re: Define baserape when engaging choppers/aircrafts

i think it ok to attack the vehicles once they have taken of. cause techniacally there an air target and are allowed to be engaged i recon. attacking infrantry wairitng for the vehicle, or taking of i.e. still on the runway, chopper still lifting of the heli pad (at uncapps) is base raping and i think goes agaist the rules. so yeah. wheels of ground

Comment

hmm, i've never really thought of kinds of "rules of engagment" if thats what you mean by these things?

Comment

Any and all times I see an enemy, I will engage unless server rules indicate otherwise. I really try not to play in those kinds of servers because I believe that you should be able to attack any enemy spawn, non cap or not. However, I try not to go into a non-cap as infantry but if it means stealing armor/jet/helo then I'm all about it.

Comment

All the time

Comment

okay, so basically what the majority are saying, so far, rape anyone anytime.
            Fine by me

Comment

I've been baseraped on servers with "anti-baseraping rules" so often that I don't even think twice about attacking uncaps or people spawning in them at this point: you get in a vehicle, I don't care that it's just warming up... I'm shooting you down. Don't expect kindness from me, I sure as hell don't expect it from you. I'm jaded now...

Comment

I always attack jets taking off even on no baserape server, how else are you supposed to kill the things if you dont like flying?

Comment

KIll him anytime you feel like it and kill all the infantry around him. Its a part of the game ya gotta get over it.

Comment

Shoot to kill.

Comment

Once they are airbourne with enough speed to fight back, engage. Otherwise youre going for an easy kill. Dont expect praise nor respect.

Comment

HA
                        i got banned from a company (internode) for destroying a plane that was flying past the MEC airfield on Oman. That was 2 months ago.
                        it seems that some admins have no clue what they're doing.
                        Its all in a matter of context

Comment

I attack the enemy in all the above cases. Once you're in a vehicle, you become a target when I'm in a jet. The same goes for AA sites. If you want to live - don't get in them.
                          90% of my kicks and bans are because of attacking vehicles and manned AA sites on main bases like the MEC's on Oman but I don't give a $hit. I don't even attack infantry, all I do is take out vehicles. Even shooting back at an AA site that's got you locked seems to be against the rules with some retards.

Comment

If hte server rules say don't attack uncapped base, I'll wait for the helo/jet to leave base...I'l just follow them till they are on there way.

If the server doesn't have those rules, they are far game. If they are not up in the air, that's better for my team. Makes there job of capping flags easier. I'm there flying to support them.

Comment

There's a big difference between caps and no caps. I use a little discretion but not much. I won't hesitate to spawn rape if near an enemy base to stop the enemy from massing up but I won't spawn rape a non-cap, it's just bad sportsmanship. That is of course if all other points have been capped and the whole team is raping the bejesus out of the non-cap.

As a rule, there are none. It's kill or be killed. The "No spawnkilling" rule is plain stupid. If someone spawns and turns to shoot you, you can't fire back?

BOLLOX

There's a big difference between caps and no caps. I use a little discretion but not much. I won't hesitate to spawn rape if near an enemy base to stop the enemy from massing up but I won't spawn rape a non-cap, it's just bad sportsmanship. That is of course if all other points have been capped and the whole team is raping the bejesus out of the non-cap.

As a rule, there are none. It's kill or be killed. The "No spawnkilling" rule is plain stupid. If someone spawns and turns to shoot you, you can't fire back?

BOLLOX

Comment

Working...
                              X