Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just read the interview with the Dice guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just read the interview with the Dice guy...

Ya its a stupid idea o weel, I wish they spent there time making useful additions to the game

Comment

It will make people who dont want to get whored happy, is that not a good thing? When you make a game that is balanced around things like Jets being your main weapon to fight enemy jets of course people arent going to be happy. People asked for an anti air kit but dice decided to give us this instead, so I guess we just have to accept it.

Comment

No one understood what i was trying to say.
        Lets say that you are playing on Gulf of Oman, everything on, aircraft helos' and everything. Now map is over next is Karkand, which i would not mind the armor being gone(leave the jeeps) but now, the hit damage from the weapons is less than before. See where i am getting to, the game strategy you use on ground combat on the last round, will have to be alter, not just becuase of the map, but because for example it use to take 3 bullets from a M16 to take down a soldier, now it might take 5 or 6, and that's every shot hitting the enemy, see what i mean.

Comment

the shock paddles r uber

Comment

Being a groundpounder, im looking forward to this mode.

I guess if they decrease the damage per bullet then alot of the kids will get frustrted quickly and move onto another game.

But im gonna miss TK the ppl standing around waiting for jets and heli's =P

Will this be a new mode or map? if its a new mode, what will happen to Wake Island as the US team need transport to get to the Island?

Comment

Originally posted by [C*]Indest
              Being a groundpounder, im looking forward to this mode.

I guess if they decrease the damage per bullet then alot of the kids will get frustrted quickly and move onto another game.

But im gonna miss TK the ppl standing around waiting for jets and heli's =P

Will this be a new mode or map? if its a new mode, what will happen to Wake Island as the US team need transport to get to the Island?
              It's a new mode, and it can be used on any map already in the game. That's the server owners' choice. And they will be leaving in RIBs (boats) because on maps like Wake, Clean Sweep, and Dalian it'd be ridiculously unfair to expect all the US soldiers to swim to the mainland. Unbalanced, much? Half the tickets would be gone before anyone reached shore and there'd be a whole team's worth of snipers lining up to pick off swimmers. :laugh:

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                My problem is that this 'mode' has been available since day one June 2005
                all it required was for people to play for fun and not for points - ie the unranked servers. Apparently that was too much for some people to get their heads around
                agreed

and also, just go on the infonly waib unranked servers. Simple. there are plenty of unranked modded servers around that i love to play on.

Alternativly, when EA ruin the game for good players, just download bf2 max by dignitas and have fun.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
                    It's odd that players who don't want to drive stuff around would buy BF2 in the first place, hence my earlier comment. Especially since the FPS/infantry aspect of BF2 leaves a lot to be desired.

~Wolfgang
                    It's not really odd at all you see alot of players played BF1942 where vehicles were actually you know balanced and in bf2 they are drasticly NOT balanced but people still like the conquest game format and the general infatry mechanics hell Im just waiting for the mods really where the vehicles will actually be balanced and it wont be a armor n00bfest that forces me to be AT unless I want to be a useless meat bag on 85% of the maps

Comment

Originally posted by papi4baby
                      It is a bit hard(not really) everytime they release a patch you have to kind of relearn how to play
                      i hate this additude and hope that it never keeps a game company from at least trying different things to balance a game. i think infantry only mode was a bad idea personally, but i agree with you that changing the game balance in inf only was a bad idea aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by O2zi3
                        yes it will. I wont be able to tank whore, therefore, not much use playing engineer.
                        Well, here's a thought. Don't play IO....it WILL NOT affect your game if DON"T PLAY IT.

Originally posted by papi4baby
                        No one understood what i was trying to say.
                        Lets say that you are playing on Gulf of Oman, everything on, aircraft helos' and everything. Now map is over next is Karkand, which i would not mind the armor being gone(leave the jeeps) but now, the hit damage from the weapons is less than before. See where i am getting to, the game strategy you use on ground combat on the last round, will have to be alter, not just becuase of the map, but because for example it use to take 3 bullets from a M16 to take down a soldier, now it might take 5 or 6, and that's every shot hitting the enemy, see what i mean.

I think that is a scenario that just isn't going to happen. The servers will be IO or not. Not both at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor-Pwnage
                          It's not really odd at all you see alot of players played BF1942 where vehicles were actually you know balanced and in bf2 they are drasticly NOT balanced but people still like the conquest game format and the general infatry mechanics hell Im just waiting for the mods really where the vehicles will actually be balanced and it wont be a armor n00bfest that forces me to be AT unless I want to be a useless meat bag on 85% of the maps
                          How exactly are vehicles in BF2 not balanced? Tanks still take 2-3 shots to kill like they did in 1942 and although you could sometimes get OHKs on them from behind in 1942 (especially the Chi-Ha), but the tradeoff is that now you can guide AT rockets. Or are you complaining that hand grenades do very little damage to tanks? Of course, that was all in the days before you could have a mobile ammo depot (support) or Dr. Bringemback (medic with insta-heal bags and Save-Ur-Lifeā„¢ shock paddles) in your squad. Once a soldier was out of ammo, he had to go back and find some so if you were out of Panzershreck you had to hoof it to the nearest ammo box, and once a soldier was dead, that's the end of it - respawn time. Vehicles are perfectly balanced in BF2, with some small footnotes for jets. And are you being forced to be AT now any more than you were back in 1942? Look at a map like El Al, Gazala, or Aberdeen, where there was armour everywhere, with plenty of different ways to take it out. If anything in BF2, infantry has been given a HUGE advantage over vehicles that it never used to have in BF1942, yet somehow vehicles in BF2 are unbalanced?

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                          X