Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.50 cal, dogfighting, from white to red out of nowhere.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .50 cal, dogfighting, from white to red out of nowhere.

I just had the craziest experience in the whole BF2 "career". I was on Oman, in a middile of a dogfight, chasing a MiG. And out of nowhere, I started losing armor. The dogfighting was in loops, turns and rolls, in variable speed and distance, from Hotel to River and to the MEC uncap. Granted, I fly at 90% throttle with afterburner pulse, however, my speed never went down below 850. And what do I see, my armor gets lower. And not in some odd sh!t fashion, like a bar, like with a random shot. This was consistent drop from 100% up to 20% and near critical. Now, who chases a good MiG pilot, knows that they go for loops, so my altitude varied a lot. And I swear, I got even shot from out of visual distance. There was no mobile AA, and everyone knows what a 50 cal sound is once it hits your chopper armor (in my case, jet). This wasnt one time, this was constant. Im truly amazed. If I didnt disengage, I would have been shot down by a .50 cal mounted machine gun, in a middle of a dogfight, would you believe that?!?!

I have never see anything like this before, so I propose a question, would this be a case of an aimbot?

The guys had about 2:1 KDR when I checked, but he wasnt on the battlefield, his name didnt pop up a lot. Its as if he was somewhere minding his own business instead of playing. Yet he was driving me nuts! The shots werent "spikes" either, those were constant bullet streams that hit for a longer period of time! Ive never seen anything like that even with Mobile AA!!

Re: .50 cal, dogfighting, from white to red out of nowhere.

Hacksawz!11

What was his Bf2 name?

Comment

He probably just had a good angle on you, the bullet drop/speed is usually pretty bad so you cant but if he got right underneath wouldnt be to hard I dont think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza
        Hacksawz!11

What was his Bf2 name?
        Resembles an asian name, I didnt write ut up. I was too blown away.

Turnip, this wasnt a damage that I got from one pass. Im telling you, I was constaly hit through loops and maneuvers. Not with 100% accuracy, but remember, aimbot in BF2 doesnt work with 100% accuracy either.

I did loops, turns, flips and flops, and I got hit! Often out of visual range and even up to 300-400 feet height!

To accurately descibe the situation, I think I followed him through about 4-6 full horizontal turns, a couple of loops, and a few direct passes, mostly between River and MEC uncap. The problem was, I didnt fly low in a direct line, and it didnt happen as a "spike", in a meaning- I wasnt hit only ONCE, in a middle of a loop, nearest to te ground. I was being shot at during the whole fight and my armor dropped, and kept dropping. He didnt have a 100% hit on me, but he shot at me and he shot with an astonishing accuracy.

Ive been flying in BF2 since June 2005, I have NEVER seen anything like that, not even with mobile AA. Hell, Ive been shot down by a tank in midair, sniped off the cockpit by Mi-28 once, and even SRAWed off the skies once...

Comment

It could have been a dropped vehicle on top of the building by the hotel flag

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtForm
            It could have been a dropped vehicle on top of the building by the hotel flag
            Negative, Hotel belonged to USMC, and I could have seen bullet stream from Hotel roof, I could have even seen a car on Hotel roof.

The guy had a 70-80 ms ping. I had 160 ms. Such an awesome accuracy to be gained needs either remarkable skill (shots often came out of nowhere, he also switched positions a lot). They mostly came from the East side, between Hotel and the beach, and its slightly off visual range when the fight was at the uncap for example.

I had a big WTF! thought in my mind during the whole fight. Also note, again, if you chase a competent MiG pilot, you know that its going to be a fight with multiple hard maneuvers...

Comment

Are you sure you didnt go into the punish OB zone and the glitch in bf2 didnt tell you that you were getting hurt? Sounds like its possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SuperTyphoon
                Are you sure you didnt go into the punish OB zone and the glitch in bf2 didnt tell you that you were getting hurt? Sounds like its possible.
                Nope, we left the zone in short periods and I lost JET armor, the sound of .50 cal bullets was heard.

Comment

well = 2 comments
                  many of also have been yelling wtf while flying
                  getting whacked by tanks in helo when there were no tanks in range
                  and NOT while hovering, but diving rolling at full speed
                  #2 - if you were being drained by a 50 cal
                  you would have died in 2-5 secs
                  not survived doing all those multiple maneuvers?
                  unless you were doing those and then died in 3 secs?

if so, then probably hacked - maybe "no fog" and "no sky"

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                    well = 2 comments
                    many of also have been yelling wtf while flying
                    getting whacked by tanks in helo when there were no tanks in range
                    and NOT while hovering, but diving rolling at full speed
                    I guess Im lucky then, Ive been whacked by tanks only from reasonable range and done this myself.

#2 - if you were being drained by a 50 cal
                    you would have died in 2-5 secs
                    Aimbots in BF2 do not kill in 2-3 shots as they are supposed to, if you check the aimbot videos. Youll notice that often it may take an aimbotter half a mag to kill someone!

not survived doing all those multiple maneuvers?
                    Aimbot does not eliminate bullet deviation, and we were both with a reasonably high ping. The hits were constant during almost all maneuvers I was in "range". No, not 100% hits, but I could see that I was constantly being shot at and aimed at, and there was a constant hit during all of the bullet stream towards me.

if so, then probably hacked - maybe "no fog" and "no sky"
                    Ive taken potshots at planes myself, with all kind of equipment. AA, 5.56, 7.62 and even 9mm, .50 cal included. Ive taken potshot damage myself. But this was surreal. Tell me youve taken planes to black smoke with 50 cal?

Comment

Aimbot wouldn't work for shooting jets with a 50 cal. You've got to literally lead those jets hundreds of feet if not more to hit them and even then you mostly miss. The only viable way to damage/kill a jet with a 50 cal is to shoot them as they are coming at you head on.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                        Aimbot wouldn't work for shooting jets with a 50 cal. You've got to literally lead those jets hundreds of feet if not more to hit them and even then you mostly miss. The only viable way to damage/kill a jet with a 50 cal is to shoot them as they are coming at you head on.
                        Thats why I find this thing so CRAZY! I know how hard it is to hit a jet with bullets! But man! Taking on a jet, bring it to black smoke while its engaged in a dogfight, a furious one at that (MiG pilot was damg good...)... Jesus Christ. If it was skill, Ill never look at .50 cal the way I did before. Truth is, I have never, ever seen anything like that...

The only thing I can compare this with, is bots using APCs as well as Mobile AAs. Get a SP game with bots on OCS 16, pass a BTR90, and be ready for a big surprise as the armor will drop with amazing speed...

Comment

maybe it wasn't a .50 cal, but there was an enemy jet on your six taking shots at ya? i dunno ..

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlaz0r
                            maybe it wasn't a .50 cal, but there was an enemy jet on your six taking shots at ya? i dunno ..
                            There was a bomber airbourne, indeed. But when a jet gets a shot at you, you see how fast the health drops. It spikes hard, and youll lose it almost in chunks. With the .50 cal I got shot at, it was a bit every few moments, constantly. And the sound was .50 cal. You know, like a scrap metal-like sound? When you get hit by a chopper, by a 50 cal, youll know the sound. Same sound was when I got hit. I even asked who shot me from .50 cal. And I got this answer-

*raises hand*
                            This was .50 cal, no doubt about it. I wanted to check it out further, but hell.. server crash...

Comment

Could you get the BR file from the server?

Comment

Working...
                              X