Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't this game about teamwork and flags?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Isn't this game about teamwork and flags?

Originally posted by parish
    So I'm playing the other night and I hit a 64 player Karkand server.
    That seems to be the problem right there. Most people don't realize that you can go past the hotel.

Comment

64 player karkand servers are like that.

Players know the best places to park armour inorder to get the maximum amount of kills without breaking the rules. There is also a hell of alot of nading and claymore spamming in those servers. It's all about points and no lone cares if they win or lose.

32 player karkand I can just about tolerate if I want some teamwork action. I go to a 64 rarely but not often. Alot of hackers play 64 karkand.

Comment

I know exactly how you feel parish. It's so frustrating. I like you have more flag caps than average (my TW score is onlyb a few thousand lower than my combat score) and always work to win the round. My advice to you (if you ahven't already) is join a decent teamwork orientated clan or play on clan servers.

Comment

I kill my teammates for being stupid =)

Comment

It's the karkand map, we know all the spawn points and well.. let's stop for 2 seconds to get a couple kills under our stats belt before climbing that ladder, trying to cap it, then getting grenaded. Again..
            I get a vechile if I can, and just drive as fast as I can to suburb, or gatehouse, or cement. Get on a turret gun of some sort and watch all corners. Teamwork is rare in these servers.

If I am mec, I will be at hotel spamming claymores and grenades, or reviving naded teammates. Do our best to defend and not let a single person past the entrance

Comment

Originally posted by Fakesound
              trying to cap it, then getting grenaded. Again..
              I think you've hit the nail on the head as far as capping the hotel is concerned. You know as soon as that flag goes grey, nades are gonna rain down a torrent of death. People would rather hang around and spawn kill....

Comment

What's just as bad is when your MEC and your whole team refuses to stop defending the Hotel for some ungodly reason when the Factory has been taken by some clever flag-capper like us.
                Then the gatehouse goes..or the train station..people die..respawn to defend the sacred Hotel...gotta keep the Hotel ya know..

But I feel your pain. Many times I've driven off the cliff and along the tracks to capture the rear flags by myself.

What also sucks is when you finally get people to come along with you..and they bail as soon as you get the slightest damage.
                i.e. flying the blackhawk to the air base on wake island

They bail into the water..only to get shot down..and to respawn at the carrier..and there I am by myself at the airbase...running out of ammo..

Comment

hehe i got more assist

Capture Flag 9,058
                  Capture Assist 6,013
                  Defend Flag 3,053

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                    hehe i got more assist

Capture Flag 9,058
                    Capture Assist 6,013
                    Defend Flag 3,053
                    That made me smile, ty. You do have me there.

Comment

Originally posted by parish
                      I manage to avoid AT rockets and other vehicles and get all the way to the Factory and request a UAV and some support. Nothing happens. Maybe the commander did not see the request so I do it again. Nothing. I get the flag grey and then I get artied and die.
                      He was probably busy supporting the other 31 players on your team who were trying to take the hotel.

Oh, and I don't see how the commander is supposed to save you from enemy artillery.

Comment

Come to 70.86.55.18 most nights you have to join a squad as maximum # of squads is reached. We appreciate TEAM players. G/L

Comment

I'm with Parish. Working on an overall victory is a lot more intesting than just going for kills.

I have also found that joining squads doesn't neccessarily help. Most squads just seem to be loose collections of lone wolf's.

Comment

Originally posted by Graphic
                            He was probably busy supporting the other 31 players on your team who were trying to take the hotel.

Oh, and I don't see how the commander is supposed to save you from enemy artillery.
                            This should be fun. How exactly was he supporting them? Arty strikes where they were standing? Maybe he was dropping vehicles in the street in front of the hotel. Perhaps dropping supply crates where the enemy could use them as well? Maye he was busy and could not spare the time to do a spot over the factory. C'mon dude, any commander worth his weight can spot a flag without putting up a UAV. He could also order another squad to go attack a flag. Oh wait a sec... that would mean there would have to be squads and as I stated earlier, I was the only person in a squad.

Also, why would I think the commander could save me from arty? Did I say anywhere he could or anything along those lines... no I did'nt. Thanks for playing... move along now.

Originally posted by -HAF- mo_money
                            Come to 70.86.55.18 most nights you have to join a squad as maximum # of squads is reached. We appreciate TEAM players. G/L
                            I will do that, ty.

Comment

This game is about what you want it to be about. I love how people throw out their opinions as if it's a law of nature. You paid $50 for this game like everyone else, do whatever makes you happy, just don't expect everyone else to reciprocate.

Comment

I give up on flags because its the same gameplay in the Battlefield series for over 4 years. Give us another form of objective other than damn flags, FFS!

Comment

Working...
                                X