Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield series - whats next!

I am here to tell a sad story,
    I was a fan of chocolate called bingo bongo.
    My life was complete with it; it tasted so good;i could share it with friends, it gave me rewards such as collectible cards/stickers; and I even made a deal with the store manager to allow me and my group of dedicated bingo bongo eaters to let us sneak peak and take advantage of the not on the market stickers/ cards just for us because we were so dedicated.
    Life seemed wonderful.
    One day while brushing my teeth I found some black dent on my tooth.
    I could not believe it...... I had a cavity OMG!!
    Though I did not tell my mummy, I wanted to stay tuned with the best of the best collectors and friends.
    I kept eating them by dozens each hour.
    Then came the fat. I forgot, all chocolate producers do not advertise that chocolates are really energetic. HOW COULD THEY RUIN MY LIFE. I AM FAT NOW.
    Screw bingo bongo and Bongo ltd. They broke my expectations. I am never ever going back to teeth spoliting, fat giving things for kids!

/sarcasm

Comment

oh i how i love hearing bunny hoppers cry "i r teh leet buuny hopz0r u nub fagz00rs ruined teh game!!11eleventeen!1!" if you wanna bunny hop there are plenty of games you can play. no one is forcing you to play BF2 with a gun to your head.

Comment

Well if EA and DICE keeps ignoring the community how do they
        expect that we will buy thier next product? Battlefield 2142.
        Its looks like a dirty trick to make BF2 sucks so the community will
        buy the much better game BF2142.....
        If they cant solve the problem with your product, how do they expect that we will buy the next one?

Comment

Sometimes its easier to make something new than change something that exists already.

Comment

I wouldn't mind bunnyhopping and prone spamming if the engine actually worked and I could hit you when you hop, however the hit boxes break and I can not hit you. Go back to Cs 1.6 or just don't play, making a post on these forums isnt going to do anything besides get you flamed.

Comment

Hi, I am the one who wrote this whole thing and I've got a few things I would like to say to all of you.

1. This opinion wasn't wrote for you to read. In fact, I don't give a damn whether guys like reading it or not. I have no interest in you, since most of you have no idea what the BF series is all about, even though some of you played the games ever since 1942. I must say that I wasn't too attached to bunny hopping nor to any other feature/exploit/whatever this game presents or used to present. The thing I like in the BF series is its uniquness. For the last few months EA and Dice are nerfing many parts of the infantry scene and other features, or in different words - they simplified complexed issues in the game. They simplified the game to a level in which the infantry part have almost nothing unique, and in the BF series the infantry is very important. The division to classes which have specific roles can be found in RTCW:ET. 1.4's gamestyle can be found in CS. At the begining BF2 had its special gamestyle, which is now gone. But forget it. I don't expect pub-"OMFG I NEED A DOSE OF RANK POINTS NOWWW"-noobs to undertand what I'm talking about, and I'm not going to argue with you either, so you can flame me as much as you like. Been there, done that, don't care anymore.

2. All the guys who said "stop whine", "I hate these whiners", "****ing whine threads" etc can shut the **** up now. Anyone here can post his opinion and saying "stop whining" in response is a retarded thing to do. I'm not asking you whether I can post my opinions nor does anyone else in this forum or in any other forum. Don't like someone's opinion? Argue with him or don't post at whole.

3. And just a lesson everyone should be taught at school - if you don't like something try to change it. Not doing a thing about something that bugs you isn't the answer. The world stands where it is thanks to people who tried to change things they don't like. If it wasn't for them the world was a much darker place than it is now. Telling me "if you don't like what is happening with bf2 don't play it" is foolish. BTW, the guys who wrote this thing should read my opinion again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-D1ck
                Hi, I am the one who wrote this whole thing and I've got a few things I would like to say to all of you.

1. This opinion wasn't wrote for you to read. In fact, I don't give a damn whether guys like reading it or not. I have no interest in you, since most of you have no idea what the BF series is all about, even though some of you played the games ever since 1942. I must say that I wasn't too attached to bunny hopping nor to any other feature/exploit/whatever this game presents or used to present. The thing I like in the BF series is its uniquness. For the last few months EA and Dice are nerfing many parts of the infantry scene and other features, or in different words - they simplified complexed issues in the game. They simplified the game to a level in which the infantry part have almost nothing unique, and in the BF series the infantry is very important. .
                Biggest problem is EA/DICE's apprach to fixing the things that people are complaining about. It's more their fault than the people complaining about things. People hated the 'noob tube' and c4 chucking, so they go and totally disable shooting whilst jumping and put a delay on the grenade rather than just making it so that a grenade exploding at your own feet hurts you as well as the person you are shooting at or lowering the distance c4 can be thrown.

We had people flag hopping in the blackhawk whilst tearing everyone to shreds with the guns and it was near impossible to shoot down, rather than work on fixing the Anti-air or lowering the BH armour a tad they nerf the hell out of it and maake the guns usless.

Point is that yes people complain about things and EA listen... but then not only do they listen they go about it in completely the wrong way and make the gameplay even worse.

Comment

I dont care..Bf2 is a game I paid 50 bucks for a year ago.
                  so, thats 1/4 of a work day 365+ days ago.

And if all you clanners are so fed up with us pubbers then pls make your servers closed and pw protected.

Comment

sigh, another whining thread.
                    GROW SOME BALLS BITCHES!

Comment

so much rading but i do think the game shuld be at least semi realistic. i do think dice screwed up on all these patchs. anyway bf2 will die soon. bf2142 will atract the young crowd (8-14) filling it with immature people. i think the total conversion mods will take over most of the mature fanbase of bf2 while the statwhores and immature people go to 2142 or quakewars.

imo when you advertise something by giving away free stuff like a free promotion and another way to tea bag its just saying our game will not be worth buying so we will give you free crap.

and the guy is not whining he is merly stating what he thinks is wrong with bf2. To me whinging is something one person did not put a lot of thought or time into and just complanes for example.

whiner: omfg snipers are so powerfull nerf them now so a sniper can fire 100 shots at my head and i not take a single bar of damage.

Comment

There are some problems with BF2, they made some poor solutions for some real problems, but imho the solutions were not make or break for this game.

Mad-**** - Do you know what the BF series was supposed to be? To me its obvious that it is intened for highly organized infantry/armor combat.

Dolphin diving, c4 chucking, "noob toobing" and almost all the problems spoken about in this tread did not enhance this "genre" of FPS, if anything it promoted lone wolfing and detracted from the purpose.

Personally I have a lot of fun playing with my friend and real team tourneys, not those crap 8v8 clan matches. The teamwork mechanics are there and for the most part ok, sure there are some balence and functional issues but with real teamwork not really an issue.

Seems like you are more frustrated with pub play. To be honest with you I understand... Since bf42 I have seen the biggest flaw in the series... it is pub play.

The game is really meant for tons of teamwork and you just do not get enough of it in a public server, not much you really can do about that though. Everyone wants to do something different, even myself so its really hard to play really really good together with people you have never played with, this goes for almost all team sports/events.

There are the rare times when you may get 75% of the team working together but that still is only %75 of what this game is supposed to be...

I choose to be positive about 2142, seems like they may make use of the people urge to "rank up" to encourage teamwork. Supposedly you will get points for following orders and completing objectives. This is a good start in improving the BF series to encourage more teamwork.

Baby steps my friend, baby steps. EA/DICE could in there next few releases actually release a complex team game that almost forces players to work as a team, all the while I hope they have fun doing it...

Comment

bunny hopping is so common nowadays

Comment

The game is great and i luv it. I think the rank system is good because it keeps the game alive for me personally. Its fun playing towards something instead of just killing people like CSS is. unless you play a RPG modd. WHICH I HATE. anyway back to bf2, i dont know if its because Australia has alot less losers than in america or pakistan or whereever u guys are complaining from but theres always those stat whores who ruining the game but despite all that i manage to scrape up a perfectly functioning squad, not all the time but most rounds i get those players who want to play under abit of teamwork. i just call my squad MIC, or TEAMWORK or something. i think im losing track on what this thread is about, but im gonna continue. I swear i never get those bunnyhoppers and all that your talking about. well im off.....

P.S. ARE THEY REALLY GOING TO ELIMINATE PRONE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-D1ck

1. This opinion wasn't wrote for you to read. In fact, I don't give a damn whether guys like reading it or not. I have no interest in you, since most of you have no idea what the BF series is all about, even though some of you played the games ever since 1942. I must say that I wasn't too attached to bunny hopping nor to any other feature/exploit/whatever this game presents or used to present. The thing I like in the BF series is its uniquness. For the last few months EA and Dice are nerfing many parts of the infantry scene and other features, or in different words - they simplified complexed issues in the game. They simplified the game to a level in which the infantry part have almost nothing unique, and in the BF series the infantry is very important. The division to classes which have specific roles can be found in RTCW:ET. 1.4's gamestyle can be found in CS. At the begining BF2 had its special gamestyle, which is now gone. But forget it. I don't expect pub-"OMFG I NEED A DOSE OF RANK POINTS NOWWW"-noobs to undertand what I'm talking about, and I'm not going to argue with you either, so you can flame me as much as you like. Been there, done that, don't care anymore.

2. All the guys who said "stop whine", "I hate these whiners", "****ing whine threads" etc can shut the **** up now. Anyone here can post his opinion and saying "stop whining" in response is a retarded thing to do. I'm not asking you whether I can post my opinions nor does anyone else in this forum or in any other forum. Don't like someone's opinion? Argue with him or don't post at whole.

3. And just a lesson everyone should be taught at school - if you don't like something try to change it. Not doing a thing about something that bugs you isn't the answer. The world stands where it is thanks to people who tried to change things they don't like. If it wasn't for them the world was a much darker place than it is now. Telling me "if you don't like what is happening with bf2 don't play it" is foolish. BTW, the guys who wrote this thing should read my opinion again.
                              good post

Comment

Originally posted by DaRqUe?
                                The game is great and i luv it. I think the rank system is good because it keeps the game alive for me personally. Its fun playing towards something instead of just killing people like CSS is. unless you play a RPG modd. WHICH I HATE. anyway back to bf2, i dont know if its because Australia has alot less losers than in america or pakistan or whereever u guys are complaining from but theres always those stat whores who ruining the game but despite all that i manage to scrape up a perfectly functioning squad, not all the time but most rounds i get those players who want to play under abit of teamwork. i just call my squad MIC, or TEAMWORK or something. i think im losing track on what this thread is about, but im gonna continue. I swear i never get those bunnyhoppers and all that your talking about. well im off.....

P.S. ARE THEY REALLY GOING TO ELIMINATE PRONE!!!!!!
                                I think that the rank system is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X