Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Banned

Originally posted by stunt ridah
    People think because they spend 50 bucks or so on a server that that they own it. They dont they rent it from EA and by the way liamhardy123 I personally dont think any 1 should spawn kill that really agravates me, it shows a exteam lack of talent If I get spawn killed more then once I will just spawn somewhere eles.
    50 bucks? Our servers (note the plural) cost us in the region of £2500 a year, im not up on the exchange rate, but by 'bucks' i assume you mean USD, thats roughly between $4000 and a $4500 a year. Neither do we rent our server from EA, we rent it from one of the many GSPs, or Official Ranked Server providers. We have roughly 16/17 admins who give up their own time to watch the servers, and keep them as moron free as possible. Just have a think about that next time you intentionally break a servers rules.

All that money is donated, no strings attached, by our 1000 odd members. Every single one of them, and the many hundreds of regular players who arent signed up on our forums come back time and time again, many every single day, precisely BECAUSE of the rules we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
      50 bucks? Our servers (note the plural) cost us in the region of £2500 a year, im not up on the exchange rate, but by 'bucks' i assume you mean USD, thats roughly between $4000 and a $4500 a year. Neither do we rent our server from EA, we rent it from one of the many GSPs, or Official Ranked Server providers. We have roughly 16/17 admins who give up their own time to watch the servers, and keep them as moron free as possible. Just have a think about that next time you intentionally break a servers rules.

All that money is donated, no strings attached, by our 1000 odd members. Every single one of them, and the many hundreds of regular players who arent signed up on our forums come back time and time again, many every single day, precisely BECAUSE of the rules we have.
      quality server of which i am a member good admin good rules no tards allowed come visit and if ur commanding no running around while commanding stay put in main bases pls unless ur base is capped like on mashtuur

Comment

I dont care how much money or how much of your life is spent with BF2 Im saying 50 bucks cause thats what a 16 player server goes for per month. My point is you do not own them you rent them doesnt matter from who. My team has servers too note the plural. Let me ask you something now im not saying you have but if you played p/k servers and you used a gun would you be breaking server rules, should you be banned, no you shpouldnt its against ROE so is someone telling you you cant target assets.

P.S. Dude your funny I think your whole life is sitting in front of your computer am I wrong. Maybe you need to get out and get a girlfriend or boyfriend whatever you prefer.

Comment

P.S. Dude your funny I think your whole life is sitting in front of your computer am I wrong. Maybe you need to get out and get a girlfriend or boyfriend whatever you prefer.
          Well, im going to humour you.

Im a Web developer, therefore, yes, most of my day is spent in front of a computer on the internet, i get paid to. And i have a long term girlfreind thank you, i also have a house, mortgage, 2 cats and a fish tank. Whats your excuse?

And ive never played on a knife/pistol server, but, in a parralell(sp?) universe, if i were to, and i joined knowing it had a rule which stated that only Guns/Knives were to be used. Of course i would abide by those rules. I am a guest on that server, i have no devine, god given right to play there, i am being allowed to do so by whoever owns/runs the server.

Im done with this thread. The RoE is so rediculously ambiguous, that if you asked 2 people to interpret one rule, they could come back with 2 completely differing interpretations so clearly, your going to continue beleiving your right, as am i.

Comment

Originally posted by Deliverance
            Well, im going to humour you.

Im a Web developer, therefore, yes, most of my day is spent in front of a computer on the internet, i get paid to. And i have a long term girlfreind thank you, i also have a house, mortgage, 2 cats and a fish tank. Whats your excuse?

And ive never played on a knife/pistol server, but, in a parralell(sp?) universe, if i were to, and i joined knowing it had a rule which stated that only Guns/Knives were to be used. Of course i would abide by those rules. I am a guest on that server, i have no devine, god given right to play there, i am being allowed to do so by whoever owns/runs the server.

Im done with this thread. The RoE is so rediculously ambiguous, that if you asked 2 people to interpret one rule, they could come back with 2 completely differing interpretations so clearly, your going to continue beleiving your right, as am i.
            Ok as you may not believe its been good talking to you even though i wanted to throw my monitor against the wall a couple of times Even if neg comments i still appreciate the info and all the debates we had and good luck with your servers and house, mortgage, 2 cats and a fish tank. C-ya Ans if I accedently join your server one day dont ban me let me know and ill bomb your assets and leave lol

Comment

Yesterday I got banned from a server because I was bombing commander assets in a plane. It was Gulf of Oman, and I was on the MEC side. I did not kill anyone on the carrier. I was in the MIG, the fighter plane not the bomber, so it wasnt like my bombs were landing everywhere. Now I was only doing this when there was no more targets for me at the time. O and the carrier was not their only spawn point either. I got kicked first then came back in and said WTF. They said only spec opps are allowed to blow things up. So I got mad and hopped in a plane and began to blow more stuff up and then BANNED. Is that abuse of admins or changing the ROE or something?
              As a server admin, I would not have kicked you in our server for that. I see absolutely no problem using jets to blow commander assets. As long as you stay away from where the vehicles spawn, and don't baserape, its perfectly fine.

That server you were using was taking thier rules a little to literally. And yes, I see that as abusive admins.

Comment

May I interject for a brief moment? I'm growing increasingly fond of "no rules" servers: admins can get away with far too many arbitrary "rules".

Long live anarchy...

Comment

Our server is pretty darn close to a "no rules" server. Only thing we frown against is base raping (unless you have all flags, then its open season), and intentional teamkilling. Everything else is allowed. JIHAD, jet whoring, chopper whoring, whatever it takes to win. As long as you don't cheat and TK and stay out of the uncaps, everything goes.

Comment

OMFG if theres no base raping there should be no reason to kick. "example is bombing spawning noobs" if you are destroying commander assets then its perfectly fine...theres a reason the planes bombs completly destroy a uav or satalite.(they were ment too) and on the other hand thats why theres a AA site at every airfield.I bet the Only reason he kicked you is that he was "SAD" his toys kept getting "BROKEN" omg this actually gives engineers a job lol. i have several servers on my list that dont mind me bombing assets PM me ill send you the list

Oh and P.S
                    Die baby admins DIE!!!!

oh and P.S.S
                    If you are repairing your assets and get blown into the sky.....guess who's fault it is..... yea...its yours ....Make believe war dangerous lmao. send a crate to do a mans job or you get in there fix it and run.

Comment

If you obviously aren't welcomed on that server, don't go there? Better yet, don't complain about not being able to go there, because nobody likes you on that server.

Anyhow... why would you want to be somewhere, where nobody likes you?

Comment

Deliverance is wrong, and you cannot blame him or any admin that is. The ROE is full of rules that can be interpreted differently, PERIOD.

I suggest you both agree to disagree and get over it.

MY interpretation (lol) is that in that list of sample rules, they specify that the assets are NOT up for rule adjusting, and they are ALWAYS an available target.

Within the sample rule, they explain the gray area quite clearly

bla bla bla here is another sample rule bla bla bla (YOU CANT CHANGE THIS RULE) bla bla bla more crap.

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

have a nice day gentlemen, remember this is only a game

Comment

Originally posted by {USI}_DirTyDeeDs
                          Deliverance is wrong, and you cannot blame him or any admin that is. The ROE is full of rules that can be interpreted differently, PERIOD.

MY interpretation (lol) is that in that list of sample rules, they specify that the assets are NOT up for rule adjusting, and they are ALWAYS an available target.

Within the sample rule, they explain the gray area quite clearly

bla bla bla here is another sample rule bla bla bla (YOU CANT CHANGE THIS RULE) bla bla bla more crap.

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

have a nice day gentlemen, remember this is only a game
                          lol out of 8 pages my friend ...you have said it most clearly of all...i would buy you a beer if i could

Comment

thanks guys for giving some input. Some certain ppl here wanted to make this into a FU your wrong thread. I just wanted to get ppl opinion as to the unfair kick/ban Then certain ppl had to get me upset and make me keep going. I did not want to insult any1 but when you insist your right when youe not well maybe a tutor or something will help you guys read ROE

Comment

Originally posted by {USI}_DirTyDeeDs

We already did agree to disagree. And i know i said id leave this thread be, but you just contradicted yourself. You stated clearly i was wrong, yet go on to say how the RoE is full of rules which can be interpreted clearly. Therefore, neither of us are wrong (by your reckoning) He interprets it one way, i interpret it the other, just as the two people we spoke to about this interpreted in seperate ways, and they were involved in the writing of the RoE in the first place!

Your right tho, the RoE is amibiguous. It is there to stop cheating of the stats system, not dictate how servers are run, or at least that was its original intention.

Comment

hehe you are wrong and I am right, nya nya nya nya nyaaa

on a serious note, I stand by my interpretation as the correct one that EA intended to be adhered to.

cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X